Thanks Thanks:  1
Likes Likes:  17
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Carlton Sponsorship Issues

Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post
    Cheers, I don't know him at all
    John's son
    For those who were always the underdogs and wore it as a badge of honour.

2. Likes bornadog liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Twodogs View Post
    Tom's the lippy one now with all the solutions to the worlds problems on 3aw. I sometimes listen when I need to feed my sense of superiority. Half an hour listening to him and remembering that he had the best education money can buy would be enough to fuel anyone's ego. The guy is a moron.
    Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post
    Cheers, I don't know him at all
    Derryn Hinch has said publicly his nickname at 3AW is JESS... John Elliott's Stupid Son.
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

4. Likes The Doctor, bornadog, Twodogs liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bulldogtragic View Post
    Derryn Hinch has said publicly his nickname at 3AW is JESS... John Elliott's Stupid Son.
    So if I rang his talkback and accidentally called him Jess instead of Tom I'd probable be hung up on?
    Have you been reading those Roddy Doyle books again, Dougal!?

I have, yeah Ted, you big gobshite

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Happy Days View Post
    This is absolutely awesome. Not just that Carlton are stuffed, but that so are CareerOne; one of the scummiest organisations to ever come into existence.
    Absolute trash for whom preying on the vulnerable and uneducated is key to business success.
    Nobody's looking for a puppeteer in today's wintry economic climate.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jeemak View Post
    Absolute trash for whom preying on the vulnerable and uneducated is key to business success.

All job providers and RTOs are evil, evil organisations. The government signed the ILO treaty and are supposed to provide a free, universal employment service. What it provides is a el cheapo biased alternative.

Who does Labour Market Testing now? How do we judge which jobs are disappearing and what we need to prepare for?
    Have you been reading those Roddy Doyle books again, Dougal!?

I have, yeah Ted, you big gobshite

Post Thanks / Like

Demetriou sure likes to give it to Carlton with no lube.
    "Look at me mate. Look at me. I'm flyin'"

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Sedat View Post
    Demetriou sure likes to give it to Carlton with no lube.
    Well deserved. How Trigg got another CEO gig after his disastrous Adelaide reign, I'll never know. This just cements his legacy as an A grade lunk head.
    Our 1954 premiership players are our heroes, and it has to be said that Charlie was their hero.

Post Thanks / Like

Just bumping a Carlton thread. I can't see them not sacking Bolton at season's end. He seemed to be a successful assistant coach in the Hawthorn set up, I'm pretty sure at the same time as Bevo.

Question: I wonder if he'd be a good get as a senior assistant coach to shake our coaching group up?
    Last edited by bulldogtragic; 08-07-2018 at 09:32 PM.
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

Post Thanks / Like

I was thinking of the same watching Today's game. Bolton's days look numbered. The list is shot, and the players look completely disinterested. Silvagni has made some really poor list decisions some even twice with some of the GWS "b" team recruits.

Carlton are now a worse team than Brisbane and have not bottomed out.

Post Thanks / Like

It’s glorious

13. Likes Mofra liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Bolton took some steps last season but has totally cooked it this year. His defensive set up (having all players 20m in front of their men) is incredibly stupid, his players aren't putting in any effort for him, and his selections are baffling. Would be surprised if he even sees the year out.
    - I'm a visionary - Only here to confirm my biases -

Post Thanks / Like

I don't think they have the right balance in the side. When your a struggling team, the type of players they have picked hasn't helped. Too many light bodied outside players and not enough big bodied guys to help Cripps in the engine room.
    So many young talls that they can't decide on which one or where to play them, and a reject like Jones can keep a number 1 draft pick from developing in defence.

They needed to get Olly Wines and should of offered the kitchen sink for him.

Bolton's run may be ending with the players but I don't think it is dire straights for that team just yet. There is plenty of talent there, they just need to get the balance right and sort out their problems behind the scenes. Carlton is suffering because of it's arrogance of the past and they need to get rid off anyone who had anything to do with the good ol days and start fresh.

Let's hope they don't

Post Thanks / Like

The talent is there but every single week they play at least 8 guys who aren’t AFL standard, and being in 3-4 more recycled players who are much the same every off-season.

The tactic of taking on bad players or contracts to get capital (as Carlton have done multiple times in trading with GWS) only works in American sports because of the fluid nature of their rosters. I was actually quite bullish for its potential as a tactic in the AFL, but it’s proven to wholly stymie list progression. Of course, their strategy of digging upwards and recruiting bad players merely to fit an age profile hasn’t helped.
    - I'm a visionary - Only here to confirm my biases -

17. Likes boydogs liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

best thing for the competition is they keep Silvagni in his current position. It won't matter who coaches them.
    Listening to Brahm's 3rd Racket

19. Likes Dry Rot liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I think they’re worse than Fitzroy
    University ?