Thanks Thanks:  1
Likes Likes:  17
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Carlton Sponsorship Issues

Quote Originally Posted by The Doctor View Post
    best thing for the competition is they keep Silvagni in his current position. It won't matter who coaches them.
    They should promote him to the senior coaches position and let him explain why they aren't performing to the expected level
    Western Bulldogs Football Club "Where it's cool to drool"

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by GVGjr View Post
    They should promote him to the senior coaches position and let him explain why they aren't performing to the expected level

SOS would take the job too.
    They say Burt Lancaster has one, but I don't believe them.

Post Thanks / Like

A Carlton fan rang Sen today and said that it was ironic they are in this mess when the bloke who is the list manager was one taking money under the table back in the Elliott days.
    Bring back the biff

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ledge View Post
    A Carlton fan rang Sen today and said that it was ironic they are in this mess when the bloke who is the list manager was one taking money under the table back in the Elliott days.

So true. Carlton are still riddled with people who were there in the good old days and haven't really subscribed 100% to the build from the ground up model that Bolton has advocated for. The entrenched cowboy element at Carlton can't see why they have to do that and taking short cuts will limit the pain. They will white ant Bolton until he goes and then they will get someone on who is happy to coach teams comprised of other club's cast offs and the odd superstar.

Long may the Cowboys reign

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Twodogs View Post
    So true. Carlton are still riddled with people who were there in the good old days and haven't really subscribed 100% to the build from the ground up model that Bolton has advocated for. The entrenched cowboy element at Carlton can't see why they have to do that and taking short cuts will limit the pain. They will white ant Bolton until he goes and then they will get someone on who is happy to coach teams comprised of other club's cast offs and the odd superstar.

Long may the Cowboys reign
    PAGAN commenting about troubles still at Carlton ... nothing has changed

https://www.theage.com.au/sport/afl/...10-p4zqn3.html

6. Thanks Twodogs thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by macca View Post
    PAGAN commenting about troubles still at Carlton ... nothing has changed

https://www.theage.com.au/sport/afl/...10-p4zqn3.html

I love it when it's pointed out how draconian the penalties were. They were meant to be severe. Carlton were cheating the salary cap.

8. Likes Dry Rot liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I wouldn't give Carlton a priority pick on the basis they have destroyed top picks careers by their hopeless development process , don't let them destroy another kids career,
    If I was the AFL I wouldn't give them one until they could show they can rearrange the environment to the better of a players development.
    I wonder when the day will come a player will sue a club for negligence due to poor development and injuries hampering his career , if any club were to be sued it would be them.
    They have or have had so many high draft picks it's hard to believe they haven't got a side making the 8.
    It has to be the environment there that needs looking at.
    Bring back the biff

Post Thanks / Like

I love it when it's pointed out how draconian the penalties were. They were meant to be severe. Carlton were cheating the salary cap.
    I'm no apologist for Carlton - they were smug pricks when they ruled the roost back in the 70/80's - but Essendon's last 2 premierships (1993 and 2000) were both won over the salary cap, and to this day are the only two flags won when over the cap. If they were NRL clubs these flags would be stripped and stricken from the record books.

Salary cap cheats, drug chests, Sheedy inspired snipers. They are a piece of shit club.
    "Look at me mate. Look at me. I'm flyin'"

11. Likes ratsmac liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Sedat View Post
    I'm no apologist for Carlton - they were smug pricks when they ruled the roost back in the 70/80's - but Essendon's last 2 premierships (1993 and 2000) were both won over the salary cap, and to this day are the only two flags won when over the cap. If they were NRL clubs these flags would be stripped and stricken from the record books.

Salary cap cheats, drug chests, Sheedy inspired snipers. They are a piece of shit club.
    You're not wrong there. Is that why they had to ship those players, Justin Blumfield off to Richmond and one went to Brisbane and another to Melbourne? The AFL found out they were rorting the cap and all of a sudden Essendon had to clear a bunch of space in their SC.

Post Thanks / Like

You're not wrong there. Is that why they had to ship those players, Justin Blumfield off to Richmond and one went to Brisbane and another to Melbourne? The AFL found out they were rorting the cap and all of a sudden Essendon had to clear a bunch of space in their SC.
    Caracellea to Brisbane and I want to say Hardwick to port but that doesn’t sound right. Typical spin doctor Sheddy blamed the AFL for having to trade them.
    More of an In Bruges guy?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by azabob View Post
    Caracellea to Brisbane and I want to say Hardwick to port but that doesn’t sound right. Typical spin doctor Sheddy blamed the AFL for having to trade them.

I looked it up, Chris Heffernen to Melbourne.

Post Thanks / Like

Was Darren Gaspar also one of the highest players at Richmond at the time? Amazing for a bloke who could not kick.