Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  11
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Jesse Hogan has cancer

Possible operation today.

THE MELBOURNE Football Club wishes to advise that Jesse Hogan has been diagnosed with testicular cancer and will today undergo surgery to have the tumor removed.

Jesse underwent an ultrasound late last week which revealed a small mass in his testicle suggestive of a seminoma, which is a type of cancer.

Jesse has also undergone a CT scan which determined the cancer has not spread to any other part of his body

It’s important to reinforce that this was an extremely early detection and the seminoma is in its earliest stage of growth. He is expected to make a full recovery.

General Manager of Football Josh Mahoney said “The Club’s collective heart is with Jesse Hogan. This is clearly a very difficult time for Jesse and his health and wellbeing is the number one priority for us.

“We informed the players of this on Friday and respected Jesse’s wishes to keep this information private up until this point.

“Jesse will obviously miss a period of football due to this surgery but we expect him to make a full recovery and return to AFL in the short-term future.

We ask the public and media to respect his privacy during this period.
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Jesse Hogan has cancer

*!*!*!*! me. Poor bloke is being smashed by life at the minute.
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

Post Thanks / Like

Poor kid.

A month ago I questioned his commitment to football. Since then I have learned his father was sick and then died and he has testicular cancer.

Easy to judge from afar but gee you can be missing important information. I apologise for questioning you Jesse.

4. Likes Twodogs, ratsmac liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Topdog View Post
    Poor kid.

A month ago I questioned his commitment to football. Since then I have learned his father was sick and then died and he has testicular cancer.

Easy to judge from afar but gee you can be missing important information. I apologise for questioning you Jesse.
    I watched him against Hawthorn two weeks ago and thought, gee his attitude sucks and he doesn't work hard enough. I too apologise and wish him well.
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post
    I watched him against Hawthorn two weeks ago and thought, gee his attitude sucks and he doesn't work hard enough. I too apologise and wish him well.
    It's easy to forget the players are only human and have things happening to them outside the footy field. We should all take this as a reminder to pump the brakes when one of our own players seems to be uncharacteristically struggling on field.
    Our 1954 premiership players are our heroes, and it has to be said that Charlie was their hero.

Post Thanks / Like

Poor kid.

Agree, he has a fair bit going on at the moment. However, if your father is seriously ill with cancer, is smoking cigarettes a clever thing to do?
    [CENTER][B]WOOF Member 315[/B][/CENTER]

8. Likes 1eyedog liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Poor kid.

He's always had a bit of that attitude though so I wouldn't go and hang yourself over it. If anything playing footy would take his mind off things.

Anyway I hope he beats this and recovers quickly.

Post Thanks / Like

This is just awful. I do hope they've caught it in time and he can make a full recovery.

Post Thanks / Like

Poor kid is being kicked from pillar to post at the moment, I hope the Demons manage this the right way he he gets on the road to remission asap.
    It's better to die on our feet than live on our knees.

Post Thanks / Like

Terrible to find this out today. Wish the guy all the very best.
    [B][COLOR="#0000CD"]Our club was born in blood and boots, not in AFL focus groups.[/COLOR][/B]

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by craigsahibee View Post
    Agree, he has a fair bit going on at the moment. However, if your father is seriously ill with cancer, is smoking cigarettes a clever thing to do?
    When your world is turned upside down, you don't always do clever things.
    [B][COLOR="#0000CD"]Our club was born in blood and boots, not in AFL focus groups.[/COLOR][/B]

14. Likes Topdog, strebla liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

To quote Gordon Ramsay: "*!*!*!*! me."

Terrible news but fortunate that they've caught it so early. Thankfully he spotted something wrong and acted on it straight away.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by westdog54 View Post
    To quote Gordon Ramsay: "*!*!*!*! me."

Terrible news but fortunate that they've caught it so early. Thankfully he spotted something wrong and acted on it straight away.
    Yep. If losing EJ way, way too young has meant 'strong young men' now go to the doctors for advice &/or treatment then his loss to us all is not in vain.
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

17. Likes Twodogs, strebla liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bulldogtragic View Post
    Yep. If losing EJ way, way too young has meant 'strong young men' now go to the doctors for advice &/or treatment then his loss to us all is not in vein.
    Or in artery?

Vain. I'm a spelling nazi.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by westdog54 View Post
    Or in artery?

Vain. I'm a spelling nazi.
    Feels like red pen all over a submitted draft of a criminal brief!! #goodtimes #foryourconsideration #makechanges&submit

You're so vein, you probably think this post is about you.