Thanks Thanks:  5
Likes Likes:  33
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Hindsight: Stewart Crameri

Stewie for pick 26 was fair and reasonable market value at the time had he not been a player with a potential future doping violation hanging over his shoulders. It was incredibly naive of us and the rest of the AFL Community to not foresee any future doping violations and subsequent suspensions.

Essendon are a piece of shit club and we should have pushed hard for Crammers to be classed as a delisted free agent and have his existing EFC contract declared null and void.
    "Look at me mate. Look at me. I'm flyin'"

2. Likes 1eyedog, Happy Days liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Did Crameri lead our goalkicking in 2014-15?
    Have you been reading those Roddy Doyle books again, Dougal!?

I have, yeah Ted, you big gobshite

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Twodogs View Post
    Did Crameri lead our goalkicking in 2014-15?
    He was our leading goalkicker in their 2014 season with 37, but Stringer kicked about 56 goals in 2015 (and Dickson kicked 50) to Crameri kicking 32 I think.

5. Thanks Twodogs thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Ozza View Post
    He was our leading goalkicker in their 2014 season with 37, but Stringer kicked about 56 goals in 2015 (and Dickson kicked 50) to Crameri kicking 32 I think.
    In his 5 full seasons, he has kicked 30 odd goals each year - very consistent.
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

7. Likes Topdog liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post
    In his 5 full seasons, he has kicked 30 odd goals each year - very consistent.
    More than this though he provides a fantastic lead up target, requires a very good defender who is big enough, strong enough and quick enough to go with him which assists to free up Jake as the opposition then need two of these types to cover them. It's also how he gets his goals. He can drive them from 55 and is equally good opportunistically in traffic.

I think the fact that Crammer was off the radar throughout the doping ban coupled with the fact that he lacks touch at the moment may make fans feel his value has dropped. The Cloke acquisition and his promising early signs in the Crameri role does not help his case when weighing up the benefits of the trade atm.

I'm not implying Crammers is a superstar, but at his very best he's more than a handful and, personally, I think he'll have a part to play during our finals campaign.
    But then again, I'm an Internet poster and Bevo is a premiership coach so draw your own conclusions.

Post Thanks / Like

He kicked 7 in a game against the Dons which for that reason alone, made this trade awesome. Hope he gets back to the level of late 15', it will make our forward line even more dangerous.
    "Loves a scrap....oh yeah & he's a pretty handy footballer as well"

10. Thanks Topdog thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Pick 26 is good value really.

I've mentioned this before but draft picks are criminally overrated until you get into the top 5.

Pick 26 in reality was a 50% chance of being a player of AFL standard, smaller yet of being a player of Crameri's standard and smaller even yet of being a gun. Even that draft which was a very good draft, probably less than 25% of the players available at that pick have shown that they can contribute more than Crameri.

The price was right, he debate is really over whether Crameri has been a good recruit for us. I think the answer is pretty firmly yes, despite the lack of output the last season and a half. And I don't even rate Crameri that highly.
    I should leave it alone but you're not right

Post Thanks / Like

Crammers gone for the year. Is that it for him in red, white and blue?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bulldogsthru&thru View Post
    Is it the hip putting him out?
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bulldogtragic View Post
    Is it the hip putting him out?
    Yep, worse than was initially thought.
    [B][COLOR="#0000CD"]Our club was born in blood and boots, not in AFL focus groups.[/COLOR][/B]

15. Likes bulldogtragic liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by AndrewP6 View Post
    Yep, worse than was initially thought.
    Ouch. To the original question, Prudden, Smith & Smith have been looked after with the best part of two years out. So I'd guess he was re-contracted, but it would have to be on little income if his body is not coming up after his suspension. Let him sue add this to lost income in his legal action.

Man I wish he took the deal. I'd hate to part with 26 in a strong draft for two years...
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bulldogsthru&thru View Post
    Why would you say that? Do you think he's not good enough? He''s only 28.
    But then again, I'm an Internet poster and Bevo is a premiership coach so draw your own conclusions.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by 1eyedog View Post
    Why would you say that? Do you think he's not good enough? He''s only 28.
    No I'd love to have him in the list. Was just in reference to the rumours circulating around his future with us

Post Thanks / Like

I am still happy with this trade as it really was a quality player wanting to join us. But more than that his leadership in our forward line has been sadly missed.
    bulldogs are forever not just when they are winning

Post Thanks / Like

Really harsh on stewie . Hope he comes back

21. Likes WBFC4FFC liked this post