Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  11
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: AFL Round 9, 2017 Discussion

Melbourne once again fluff their lines .
    Great win in Adelaide and a game they should be winning .

Post Thanks / Like

Re: AFL Round 9, 2017 Discussion

Quote Originally Posted by soupaman View Post
    Don't get me wrong, the club itself doesn't need them. But to their credit as a supporter base for all their faults they consistently turn out in numbers and bring a lot of enthusiasm for a team that has offered few highlights. Unlike clubs like Essendon and Carlton they actually still post impressive numbers despite barely being in finals contention, and have handed out their fair share of heartbreak. Plus, I'm not 30 yet so any fans I know have experienced less success than I have now.

Also, I think the Premiership has changed me somewhat. Previously I was dead against seeing the other strugglers achieve success before us as it was our turn next, but now knowing how enjoyable it was I would like the supporters of some of the perennial underachievers of my generation to be rewarded, so would happily see St.Kilda and Richmond win something. Melbourne would be ok as well, they have had a truly terrible decade (the glory years of most Melbourne supporters my age are the Roos years where they were nearly one of the teams contending for finals). Freo would be in there as well but their supporters are too feral.
    They have stuck I will pay them that. Most of them are brain dead though. Probably aren't allowed to make big decisions like who to barrack for by themselves,

Quote Originally Posted by soupaman View Post
    I can't begrudge them that. I would've felt the same if situations were reversed.

North supporters shit me though so nothing for them thanks.
    I can't remember the urge to organise a street party when North won in '96 or '99.

Quote Originally Posted by comrade View Post
    We've lost and can end up in a better ladder position.
    If we had won we'd be third. We will probably win next week and fall out of the eight.
    Have you been reading those Roddy Doyle books again, Dougal!?

I have, yeah Ted, you big gobshite