Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  11
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: AFL Round 9, 2017 Discussion

Good to see the Hawks going down down down.
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bulldogtragic View Post
    Who would've thought umpires might have cost them it. In every universe that was a 50m and certain goal...

Good on Hodgey. I'd love to smash that piss weak, piss ant, piece of shit, wanker's, *!*!*!*!face Adams, and he lived my fantasy.
    Hodgey good enough to shake hands and smile after the game even after copping a cheapie, unlike that prick Selwood.
    "Look at me mate. Look at me. I'm flyin'"

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Topdog View Post
    Could this happen to any other team in the league? It's just so Richmond
    Who else could they be? It's them!

They really are the Bontempelli of breaking their supporters hearts.

Quote Originally Posted by soupaman View Post
    Man I feel sorry for Richmond supporters. They are so eager to believe but similiar to us are always let down. Now that we have our premiership, I am open to other long suffering supporter bases seeing some reward and Richmond for all their faults deserve something.
    Richmond have won more than enough premierships in my lifetime thank you very much. I'd love a few more ninth placings for them though.
    Have you been reading those Roddy Doyle books again, Dougal!?

I have, yeah Ted, you big gobshite

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Twodogs View Post

Richmond have won more than enough premierships in my lifetime thank you very much. I'd love a few more ninth placings for them though.
    Don't get me wrong, the club itself doesn't need them. But to their credit as a supporter base for all their faults they consistently turn out in numbers and bring a lot of enthusiasm for a team that has offered few highlights. Unlike clubs like Essendon and Carlton they actually still post impressive numbers despite barely being in finals contention, and have handed out their fair share of heartbreak. Plus, I'm not 30 yet so any fans I know have experienced less success than I have now.

Also, I think the Premiership has changed me somewhat. Previously I was dead against seeing the other strugglers achieve success before us as it was our turn next, but now knowing how enjoyable it was I would like the supporters of some of the perennial underachievers of my generation to be rewarded, so would happily see St.Kilda and Richmond win something. Melbourne would be ok as well, they have had a truly terrible decade (the glory years of most Melbourne supporters my age are the Roos years where they were nearly one of the teams contending for finals). Freo would be in there as well but their supporters are too feral.
    I should leave it alone but you're not right

Post Thanks / Like

Don't get me wrong, the club itself doesn't need them. But to their credit as a supporter base for all their faults they consistently turn out in numbers and bring a lot of enthusiasm for a team that has offered few highlights. Unlike clubs like Essendon and Carlton they actually still post impressive numbers despite barely being in finals contention, and have handed out their fair share of heartbreak. Plus, I'm not 30 yet so any fans I know have experienced less success than I have now.

Also, I think the Premiership has changed me somewhat. Previously I was dead against seeing the other strugglers achieve success before us as it was our turn next, but now knowing how enjoyable it was I would like the supporters of some of the perennial underachievers of my generation to be rewarded, so would happily see St.Kilda and Richmond win something. Melbourne would be ok as well, they have had a truly terrible decade (the glory years of most Melbourne supporters my age are the Roos years where they were nearly one of the teams contending for finals). Freo would be in there as well but their supporters are too feral.
    I know what you mean. The joy of that premiership after so many long years of missing out was even better than I thought it would be. And the way we achieved it was just a dream come true.

I have a couple close friends who are Richmond and Melbourne supporters and they were right behind us all the way. I said to them at the time I hope their teams win it one day soon as well because this feeling is the pinnacle of footy. But only after our dynasty of course.

As for the saints and norf though, they can get *!*!*!*!ed. I have cousins who are die hard supporters of those clubs and they weren't even happy for us. And I mean happy for me and my family too. Especially the saints ones, they are bitter because we didn't choke in the big dance and got to taste premiership success before them. On that front I'm happy to see a premiership for all the under achievers except norf and St Kilda.
    They've done studies you know, 60% of the time, it works every time!
    Brian Fantana.

6. Likes soupman, Max469 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ratsmac View Post

As for the saints and norf though, they can get *!*!*!*!ed. I have cousins who are die hard supporters of those clubs and they weren't even happy for us. And I mean happy for me and my family too. Especially the saints ones, they are bitter because we didn't choke in the big dance and got to taste premiership success before them. On that front I'm happy to see a premiership for all the under achievers except norf and St Kilda.
    I can't begrudge them that. I would've felt the same if situations were reversed.

North supporters shit me though so nothing for them thanks.
    I should leave it alone but you're not right

Post Thanks / Like

I can't begrudge them that. I would've felt the same if situations were reversed.

North supporters shit me though so nothing for them thanks.
    Yep, I was an honorary Geelong supporter in 2009 and Collingwood supporter in 2010.
    Our 1954 premiership players are our heroes, and it has to be said that Charlie was their hero.

Post Thanks / Like

West Coast just abysmal to half time
    Essendon 33 more contested ball, and once again West Coast stink it up on the road

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Remi Moses View Post
    West Coast just abysmal to half time
    Essendon 33 more contested ball, and once again West Coast stink it up on the road
    Are Essendon back on the juice - wow 50 odd points up at half time

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

Are Melbourne trying to position themselves as the AFL's new tough guys?

Viney, Vince and Jones think they're some kind of death squad around here......
    Nobody's looking for a puppeteer in today's wintry economic climate.

Post Thanks / Like

I swear we're the only team being pinged for throwing these days. It's a free for all for everyone else.

13. Likes bornadog, Max469, Twodogs liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Higgins' goal kicking is like he still plays for the bulldogs. 1 goal 4 behinds.
    They've done studies you know, 60% of the time, it works every time!
    Brian Fantana.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ratsmac View Post
    Higgins' goal kicking is like he still plays for the bulldogs. 1 goal 4 behinds.
    He could have put them away and had an outstanding game.

Post Thanks / Like

I am rooting for North and Carlton, even though I hate them, it is purely for selfish reasons.

Post Thanks / Like

We've lost and can end up in a better ladder position.
    Our 1954 premiership players are our heroes, and it has to be said that Charlie was their hero.