Thanks Thanks:  1
Likes Likes:  13
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Three things I've learned-Round 9 v Geelong

Quote Originally Posted by The Bulldogs Bite View Post
    I'd bring in McLean for Hunter.

The latter has escaped criticism, but he's been horrible this year.
    His first 3 weeks were fantastic. Since then.....horrible yes

Post Thanks / Like

I was shot down in flames a few weeks ago for calling his second half disgraceful for picking up only a few disposals. As for McLean, he has not been doing what the coach wants and was sent back to the VFL to work on it.

Other than the first 10 minutes of the first quarter, Clay was useless last Friday. He should also be looked at.
    Last edited by bornadog; 23-05-2017 at 03:02 PM. Reason: typo
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post
    I was shot down in flames a few weeks ago for calling his second half disgraceful for picking up only a few disposals. As for McLean, he has not been doing what the coach wants and was sent back to the VFL to work on it.

Other than the first 10 minutes of the first quarter, Clay was useful last Friday. He should also be looked at.
    Unfortunately there is a long list of players to be looked at.

It's a fine line though. Do you just go cut, cut, cut and bring in inexperience or hold faith in personnel?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by G-Mo77 View Post

It's a fine line though. Do you just go cut, cut, cut and bring in inexperience or hold faith in personnel?
    At least we have a pretty good list we can choose from.
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by G-Mo77 View Post

Agreed it will be an interesting week at the selection table. For me there's a fine line between going cut, cut, cut to set examples and bringing in inexperience against those small moments where experienced, best 22 players have an impact on the fate of the game. I'm not one to question the messiah but my feeling is that Libba should have ran with Danger in the first quarter and then Selwood in the last. It was evident early that Danger was on.

Perfect game for him but he was dropped. People say Mitch comes in like for like but Mitch played nothing like how Libba should have played had he played.
    But then again, I'm an Internet poster and Bevo is a premiership coach so draw your own conclusions.

Post Thanks / Like

The VFL side were horrible. If you give reward for effort for Webb, Williams, Dale etc. doing well down there, you also have to keep them back when they don't step up

Roughead the only one with an excuse returning from injury, maybe he comes in for Cloke and Stringer if fit for Webb
    If you kicked five goals and Tom Boyd kicked five goals, Tom Boyd kicked more goals than you.

Formerly gogriff

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bulldogsthru&thru View Post
    His first 3 weeks were fantastic. Since then.....horrible yes
    He was pretty close to our best versus Richmond as well.
    Nobody's looking for a puppeteer in today's wintry economic climate.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by always right View Post
    Agree that McLean should come in....but not for Dale. For the life of me I can't work out why you'd drop someone who is identified as a future senior player and is actually starting to show his attributes.
    McLean as a Premiership player has a touch of class and like all young players will have down times. Dale Williams and Webb all lack confidence through lack of senior games highlighted by continuing with highly talented and great servants now in the 30 plus age group such as Murphy Morris MBoyd and Picken. You would expect that at least Morris and Matthew Boyd will not be with us beyond this year which should see the above mentioned younger players step up.A bigger concern has been the loss in form of Libba and the loss of good and experienced players for extended periods such as Roughy Dickson Jake and Crameri. The recruitment of Suckling and Cloke is still problematic as to their on going value.

Post Thanks / Like

He was really dangerous wing/forward early yet he is now playing of half back? Putting him back into his preferred role would help.