Thanks Thanks:  4
Likes Likes:  60
Page 4 of 17 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Match Committee: Round 10 vs St Kilda

Quote Originally Posted by Bullies View Post
    given us a couple more options
    Okay.....so it wasn't really a case of Cordy being a perfect matchup for Taylor but that we could have played him elsewhere.
    I thought I was wrong once but I was mistaken.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Remi Moses View Post
    Interesting hearing Bevo talk about Libba on SEN .
    Basically said he hadn't had the same preparation as 12 months ago .
    Knocked the off field rumours on the head.
    Did he elaborate on his lack of preparation? What's the reasoning?
    Our 1954 premiership players are our heroes, and it has to be said that Charlie was their hero.

Post Thanks / Like

I'm chill about our quality compared to the top sides, we all have our issues. Only thing is that we are a game or two off the mark and and hard winning premierships the way we did last year.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Remi Moses View Post
    Interesting hearing Bevo talk about Libba on SEN .
    Basically said he hadn't had the same preparation as 12 months ago .
    Knocked the off field rumours on the head.
    I heard that as well and while he singled out Libba, by answering a specific question, I think it might also apply to a couple of others as well.
    Western Bulldogs Football Club "Where it's cool to drool"

Post Thanks / Like

Surprised by the lack of love for Roberts, I think we went in too short against Geelong and Harry Taylor made us pay. Roberts would have made a difference there, he's our best defender against the 195cm+ forwards
    If you kicked five goals and Tom Boyd kicked five goals, Tom Boyd kicked more goals than you.

Formerly gogriff

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by boydogs View Post
    Surprised by the lack of love for Roberts, I think we went in too short against Geelong and Harry Taylor made us pay. Roberts would have made a difference there, he's our best defender against the 195cm+ forwards
    He's pretty poor as a 1 on 1 defender, especially against an opponent with some mobility... would have preferred Cordy in last night to play on Taylor.

Feel we should always play 2 talls + Morris in defence... including Cordy as a tall.

7. Likes bornadog, boydogs liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by GVGjr View Post
    I heard that as well and while he singled out Libba, by answering a specific question, I think it might also apply to a couple of others as well.
    Which would suggest it's conditioning rather than injury and the demotion's a mild form of punishment?

Not undeserved - he's fallen short of his own high standards - but inclined to wonder if both the result and Libba might have been better served by giving him a 'job' on one of either of two obvious Cats opponents in an effort to refocus him. The style of game we surely must have anticipated was tailor-made for what he (normally) brings.
    BORDERLINE FLYING

Post Thanks / Like

What about Honeychurch? He's again been one of Footscray's most consistent this season. I don't seen any reason to put a line through him

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by lemmon View Post
    What about Honeychurch? He's again been one of Footscray's most consistent this season. I don't seen any reason to put a line through him
    Seems to never be in the conversation but an honest trier.....you know you'd get the effort.....if not the polish.

Post Thanks / Like

Just our luck.....St Kilda have been really poor today and will be given a big rev-up for our match.....just like Geelong.

Post Thanks / Like

Let's see Tim English, as a flanker/utility who can pinch hit the ruck if needed. If he was viewed as a mid sized midfielder, not a ruckman, and he'd be very close to promotion and the discussion of mature rucks killing him isn't a factor. He does so much good work around the ground that the sooner he gets experience the better, if he gets some ruck minutes that'd a bonus. He makes good decisions, has very good skills and reads the play well. All things we need.
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by always right View Post
    Just our luck.....St Kilda have been really poor today and will be given a big rev-up for our match.....just like Geelong.
    Where's our rev up. We should be breathing fire.
    Our 1954 premiership players are our heroes, and it has to be said that Charlie was their hero.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bulldogtragic View Post
    Let's see Tim English, as a flanker/utility who can pinch hit the ruck if needed. If he was viewed as a mid sized midfielder, not a ruckman, and he'd be very close to promotion and the discussion of mature rucks killing him isn't a factor. He does so much good work around the ground that the sooner he gets experience the better, if he gets some ruck minutes that'd a bonus. He makes good decisions, has very good skills and reads the play well. All things we need.
    English looked very good today in Footscray's loss to Geelong. Looks a future star with tremendous skills for his height.

Post Thanks / Like

I'd like to see Honeychurch and English rewarded this week, but I can't see it happening for both of them and given the high stakes of the game I think Honeychurch will be better positioned to have an influence. Libba didn't do enough and will benefit from some hard work over the bye period.

I wonder if we'll see Moyd come back via the seniors or via the twos. My guess is the former.

If Roughead is good to go, he should play.

In - Roughead, Moyd and Honeychurch
    Out - Smith, Cloke and Webb

Suckling, Hunter and Picken really need to put in a solid effort next weekend to retain spots.

Smith just hasn't got enough tricks at present, a lot has to go right for him to influence the game which he has done by hitting the scoreboard. My issue with him is that apart from tackling, he just doesn't seem to do much else when things aren't going his way.

I'm going with Red over Cloke, though it's toss of the coin stuff. I just think he's more likely to take advantage of having Boyd play more minutes with him.

Webb unlucky, I don't think Stringer will come up.
    Nobody's looking for a puppeteer in today's wintry economic climate.

Post Thanks / Like

Have we ever won a game when Matthew Boyd has missed it since Bevo arrived?

I'm sure I heard it's something like 8 from 8 losses when Matthew Boyd misses a game
    Western Bulldogs Football Club "Where it's cool to drool"