Re: Match Committee: Round 10 vs St Kilda

Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post
    One incident doesn't lose a game.
    Tell Bevo that

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Bulldog4life View Post
    Tell Bevo that
    That's just emotion talking and the obvious act that lead to their last quarter spark. They could have just as easy have played like that in the last without the Selduck goal.

Bad umpiring decisions cost us at least two goals and then there were the misses again. And once again we refuse to put anyone on Dangerfield early and Selduck late.
    But then again, I'm an Internet poster and Bevo is a premiership coach so draw your own conclusions.

3. Likes bornadog liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by always right View Post
    You don't really think posters are being serious do you?
    I'm almost certain some people are

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by 1eyedog View Post
    That's just emotion talking and the obvious act that lead to their last quarter spark. They could have just as easy have played like that in the last without the Selduck goal.

Bad umpiring decisions cost us at least two goals and then there were the misses again. And once again we refuse to put anyone on Dangerfield early and Selduck late.
    What Cloke did mouthing off was poor and undisciplined, but how much time does Selwood need to have prior opportunity? That was a shit non-decision but sadly not surprising in the modern game. I don't want to hear that it was in the back either - those types of tackles when there is clear prior opportunity have been paid HTB forever. I would have been just as pissed off if I was Cloke.
    "Look at me mate. Look at me. I'm flyin'"

6. Likes ratsmac, AndrewP6, Bulldog Joe, SonofScray liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Sedat View Post
    What Cloke did mouthing off was poor and undisciplined, but how much time does Selwood need to have prior opportunity? That was a shit non-decision but sadly not surprising in the modern game. I don't want to hear that it was in the back either - those types of tackles when there is clear prior opportunity have been paid HTB forever. I would have been just as pissed off if I was Cloke.
    100 likes! That's how I saw it as well.
    They've done studies you know, 60% of the time, it works every time!
    Brian Fantana.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Topdog View Post
    Why? Its just one of those peculiar stats that means nothing.
    Did you leave your sense of humour at the door Topdog?

Post Thanks / Like

I'm hearing you.
    But then again, I'm an Internet poster and Bevo is a premiership coach so draw your own conclusions.

Post Thanks / Like

Yes. Selwood getting away with things we were getting penalised for and worse. Absolute protected species.

Post Thanks / Like

Has been reported that Riewoldt will miss this week with a knee.

12. Likes Danny the snakeman liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Ozza View Post
    Has been reported that Riewoldt will miss this week with a knee.
    That's huge, but we have a history of playing B grade forwards into form.
    Josh Bruce, come on down.
    Western Bulldogs: 2016 Premiers

14. Likes Topdog liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mofra View Post
    That's huge, but we have a history of playing B grade forwards into form.
    Josh Bruce, come on down.
    So if St.Kilda structure up with Bruce (197), McCartin (194) & Membrey (188) do we go with Adams (192), Morris (190) & Wood (187) or do we need to add a Cordy or Roberts to the mix?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mantis View Post
    So if St.Kilda structure up with Bruce (197), McCartin (194) & Membrey (188) do we go with Adams (192), Morris (190) & Wood (187) or do we need to add a Cordy or Roberts to the mix?
    I would add Roberts.
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post
    I would add Roberts.
    Ditto. Gives us flexibility to throw Adams forward for a few minutes to disrupt the Saints planning and Membrey despite being 188cm is a leading/marking type player who plays taller than (for example) 191cm Stringer or 191cm Stevie J.
    Western Bulldogs: 2016 Premiers

Post Thanks / Like

I'd be inclined to go Cordy. He would give us further positional flexibility. Lets' face it if Saints are moving the ball quickly into their forward line, we're going to be in trouble in a one on one in most instances. Our defense is predicated on outnumbering the forwards in a marking contest. And that is achieved by not allowing quick ball movement from further up the ground.

Cordy has the ability to get to more contests than Roberts, and also has the added ability that should a tactical opportunity arise we can also move him or Adams up forward.
    Beveridge seems to place value on that sort of flexibility and in the case of Riewoldt being a non-starter I'd be going with Cordy.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Yankee Hotel Foxtrot View Post
    I'd be inclined to go Cordy. He would give us further positional flexibility. Lets' face it if Saints are moving the ball quickly into their forward line, we're going to be in trouble in a one on one in most instances. Our defense is predicated on outnumbering the forwards in a marking contest. And that is achieved by not allowing quick ball movement from further up the ground.

Cordy has the ability to get to more contests than Roberts, and also has the added ability that should a tactical opportunity arise we can also move him or Adams up forward.
    Beveridge seems to place value on that sort of flexibility and in the case of Riewoldt being a non-starter I'd be going with Cordy.
    Tend to agree YHF. A little bit concern height wise that Bruce does generally try to take the ball from its highest point - but that concern is out-weighed by the flexibility that Cordy gives us.