Thanks Thanks:  4
Likes Likes:  60
Page 16 of 17 FirstFirst ... 67891011121314151617 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Match Committee: Round 10 vs St Kilda

Quote Originally Posted by soupaman View Post
    In general I prefer Mclean but I thought Dale was good last week and needs continuity. I wouldn't be dropping him.
    Played one of his best games last week
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mofra View Post
    Interesting, all but stating we are planning for the future. I really rate Williams
    I haven't been online much this week, but I actually did see his (Biggs') game last week and totally concur. He was absolutely everywhere and deserved his recall. I see Biggs as more of a Boyd replacement, with Williams as more of a Murphy replacement; no reason they can't play together.

Shane's only 25, which all of my friends and parents promise me is totally not old at all. Don't see why he wouldn't be in future plans.
    - I'm a visionary - Only here to confirm my biases -

Post Thanks / Like

Watching the presser now, English is up to 100kg 'naturally'
    Western Bulldogs: 2016 Premiers

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by always right View Post
    You appear to be president of the anti-Bailey Dale club Hardly an opportunity goes by without you calling for him to be dropped. Do you think he has a future?
    You've asked me this before and I responded at length in another thread, can't remember which one. In short, I do and as stated he's been ok, better against Geelong because he was more involved in general play. I'm not anti him I just prefer McLean in the side but you're right I made my point many posts ago.
    But then again, I'm an Internet poster and Bevo is a premiership coach so draw your own conclusions.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by 1eyedog View Post
    You've asked me this before and I responded at length in another thread, can't remember which one. In short, I do and as stated he's been ok, better against Geelong because he was more involved in general play. I'm not anti him I just prefer McLean in the side but you're right I made my point many posts ago.
    Good things generally happen when Bailey has the ball, juts needs to get it more, but I liked his ability to withstand some body contact last week.. this will only get better as he gets stronger & gains confidence.

His first 50 games are going to be patchy, but once he reaches this point I have a feeling his next 100 will be of a very high standard.

Post Thanks / Like

Watching the presser now, English is up to 100kg 'naturally'
    Is that a 'jab' at Essendon?
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mantis View Post
    Good things generally happen when Bailey has the ball, juts needs to get it more, but I liked his ability to withstand some body contact last week.. this will only get better as he gets stronger & gains confidence.

His first 50 games are going to be patchy, but once he reaches this point I have a feeling his next 100 will be of a very high standard.
    Tend to agree.

Pretty encouraged by his footy in the last few games and I feel we need to get as many games into him as we can. Not always going to be possible if we're totally injury free, the side's struggling or he has slumps in form but he's one player that needs to be pushed.

Post Thanks / Like

Getting consecutive games into Williams and Dale has been the best thing about the past few weeks. Feels like whilst we might lose a few short term battles, it will help us win the war.
    Our 1954 premiership players are our heroes, and it has to be said that Charlie was their hero.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bulldogtragic View Post
    Is that a 'jab' at Essendon?
    He went on to explain that players who hit the protein bulk up too quickly (inferring it causes problems), seems like English will be a monster as he is surely going to add size in the next couple of years.

Have to retain his agility while doing it
    Western Bulldogs: 2016 Premiers

Post Thanks / Like

He went on to explain that players who hit the protein bulk up too quickly (inferring it causes problems), seems like English will be a monster as he is surely going to add size in the next couple of years.

Have to retain his agility while doing it
    Core work is where it's most needed for emerging bean poles.
    Nobody's looking for a puppeteer in today's wintry economic climate.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jeemak View Post
    Core work is where it's most needed for emerging bean poles.
    Ah that old chestnut! Thanks for the laugh
    "Loves a scrap....oh yeah & he's a pretty handy footballer as well"

Post Thanks / Like

It's not true? How about you add to the discussion given what you know.

Appreciate a balance needed, but always thought stability and strength through the core was vital. Happy to be taught otherwise.
    Nobody's looking for a puppeteer in today's wintry economic climate.

Post Thanks / Like

Appreciate a balance needed, but always thought stability and strength through the core was vital. Happy to be taught otherwise.
    I have no idea what his program is but because of his ectomorph frame he'd have to be on lots of calories and lots of bench press. He has good leg size so I think nost of his work would be upper body. Delt presses, inclined bench, bench, loads of dips etc. I reckon he would be targeting large muscles in the upper body.

Bevo says he packed on 13kg since he came to the club. Those are massive gains.
    But then again, I'm an Internet poster and Bevo is a premiership coach so draw your own conclusions.

Post Thanks / Like

Sorry to be dismissive but i'd imagine Tims core strength is fine. What he needs is strength through the legs and shoulders. Which if he has put on 13 kgs it would be in his legs and shoulders. If he put it on his "core" he'd look like Lukas Marcovic (now, not when he was playing).

I'd love to go into the details further but feel free to look at this article by leading academic and Osteopath (dr Eyal lederman), who articulated better than I ever could. I'd love to show this to any or everyone who says their low back pain is caused by a weak core.

http://www.alexandertechnique-runnin...y-Lederman.pdf

Anyways back to the thread
    "Loves a scrap....oh yeah & he's a pretty handy footballer as well"

15. Thanks jeemak thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

13kgs since getting to the club is pretty impressive if it's all muscle. I hope he doesn't run out with a pot gut tomorrow!
    They've done studies you know, 60% of the time, it works every time!
    Brian Fantana.

17. Likes Yankee Hotel Foxtrot, 1eyedog liked this post