Thanks Thanks:  4
Likes Likes:  60
Page 6 of 17 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Match Committee: Round 10 vs St Kilda

I saw Jake coming out of a TAB in North Melbourne midweek and he was hobbling noticeably. Late rather than sooner from that impression, but you never know.

Post Thanks / Like

Honeychurch in.

Reasons: Forward pressure (we're missing Dunkley and a functioning Smith), at least he gives a shit, and should be instructed to tackle anything in red, black and white.

His form doing this in early 2015 was pretty good.
    The fight is here; I need ammunition, not a ride.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Webby View Post
    I saw Jake coming out of a TAB in North Melbourne midweek and he was hobbling noticeably. Late rather than sooner from that impression, but you never know.
    TAB .............. mmmmmm
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

Now that Bevo has dropped Libba he won't be getting back in for some time. Heard he will be given an increased training schedule over the coming weeks. Fitness and attitude not where they would like.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by always right View Post
    Okay.....so it wasn't really a case of Cordy being a perfect matchup for Taylor but that we could have played him elsewhere.
    Cordy is our swingman and one of our best tacklers.

Post Thanks / Like

Surprised at calls for Honeychurch A VFL player if I have ever seen one. Even when he has come in his pressure has been just been ok and he really doesn't posses an AFL attribute.

I'm really confused with the way we have handled Webb. How he is considered a inside mid is beyond me. We are seriously long inside mids already and we try to mould him into another? I understand the benefits of trying to teach him to win his own ball but I think its time to push him on to a flank and see what his so called elite kicking skills can add to the side.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by kruder View Post
    Surprised at calls for Honeychurch A VFL player if I have ever seen one. Even when he has come in his pressure has been just been ok and he really doesn't posses an AFL attribute.

I'm really confused with the way we have handled Webb. How he is considered a inside mid is beyond me. We are seriously long inside mids already and we try to mould him into another? I understand the benefits of trying to teach him to win his own ball but I think its time to push him on to a flank and see what his so called elite kicking skills can add to the side.
    I tend to agree Kruder. Webb has been unable to accumulate possessions as a mid in his two games. As you say, great to learn the game, but I actually liked him on the HBF.
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post
    I tend to agree Kruder. Webb has been unable to accumulate possessions as a mid in his two games. As you say, great to learn the game, but I actually liked him on the HBF.
    Yeah I can see benefits of him playing on a forward/back flank and I'm keen to give him a few more runs before we can make a decision on him going forward. A don't mind the idea of both he and Wallis alternating forward and dropping smith. Wallis was bloody impressive the other night he seem to have more time when he had the ball and really lowered his eyes when going inside 50. He is also good for a goal a week and a pretty solid set shot for the player who is just a solid kick.

FWIW
    Ins Rough and Cordy

Outs Cloke and Smith

Agree with comments above that we look better with two key backs along with Morris. It allows Wood to get more dangerous and intercept something we have really missed so far this year while Morris can glove the mid forwards. I also don't want to see Jongy play ruck again in my life hence Roughead in for Cloke who is unlucky. Just cant see us playing 2 key backs, 2key forwards and 2 ruckman with Bevo in charge.

Suckling stays more so for team continuity at this stage but is on the edge. I concerned about playing Suckling and Murphy back considering both are just average at defending so will keep an eye on this again.

Post Thanks / Like

How many HBF's do we need? Webb is treacle slow, so he will never get separation to be able to utilise his foot skills as a running HBF. Adding another string to his bow is critical for him to have a career at this level, and our inside mid stocks aren't as strong as we think they are - the clearance and CP numbers don't lie this year.
    "Look at me mate. Look at me. I'm flyin'"

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Sedat View Post
    How many HBF's do we need? Webb is treacle slow, so he will never get separation to be able to utilise his foot skills as a running HBF. Adding another string to his bow is critical for him to have a career at this level, and our inside mid stocks aren't as strong as we think they are - the clearance and CP numbers don't lie this year.
    Whilst jury is still out on Webb, it's a bit rich to say he's too slow to accumulate possessions as a HBF. It hasn't stopped Boyd the last few years.
    I thought I was wrong once but I was mistaken.

Post Thanks / Like

Ins
    Roughead, McLean, Cordy, Biggs.

Outs
    Cloke/Redpath, Suckling, Webb, Smith.

This is a tough. Our depth is strong yet no one is banging the door down in the VFL to get a game in the seniors. We also have players in the seniors that aren't in great form but we know what they can do when they are at their best so we'd be hesitant to drop them. I'm glad I'm not the coach thats for sure.
    They've done studies you know, 60% of the time, it works every time!
    Brian Fantana.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Sedat View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by always right View Post
    Whilst jury is still out on Webb, it's a bit rich to say he's too slow to accumulate possessions as a HBF. It hasn't stopped Boyd the last few years.
    The days of the Joel Bowden half back are done and dusted, and Webb would pretty much try and play the way he played in that position if he was left there.

You look at our half backs in Boyd, JJ and Biggs, one is quick of mind, hand and foot - the other two are quick and adventurous with run. Nothing I've seen from Webb suggests he's any of those things, but that's not to suggest he doesn't have good attributes.

Which, is why our coaching staff is trying to improve his inside game. He's too slow to play outside, but, with development he could be a clean kicking midfielder - which is something we're crying out for.

Think Jordan Lewis, Simon Black or Nigel Lappin. Players like these guys are what we're trying to turn Webb into. If he can't be that, he'll not have a future in the game because he's not quick or smart enough to dominate the outside with his lack of pace.
    Nobody's looking for a puppeteer in today's wintry economic climate.

13. Likes Sedat liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

TAB .............. mmmmmm
    What are you implying?

Post Thanks / Like

Outs:

Cloke; Suckling; Williams

In:

Roughead; Biggs; McLean

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bulldogtragic View Post
    He might if was played off HBF. Hence my posts.
    He hasn't been playing there for 18 months, the MC don't see his future as a HBFer.
    Western Bulldogs: 2016 Premiers