Thanks Thanks:  1
Likes Likes:  2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: How do we untie ourselves?

Quote Originally Posted by Murphy'sLore View Post
    Everyone sounds pretty optimistic, in this thread at least. Anyone else worried we might miss the eight?
    Can't see that happening, we haven't lost at home and are just getting our players back
    If you kicked five goals and Tom Boyd kicked five goals, Tom Boyd kicked more goals than you.

Formerly gogriff

Post Thanks / Like

There is no doubt the draw opens up for us in the 2nd half of the season. I had a go at the Ladder Predictor on the AFL site. I tried to select winners realistically and had us finishing the season in 4th. As long as our injury run improves, the upside to our team is huge.

Post Thanks / Like

We seem to tied ourselves up a bit now.
    "Footscray people are incredible people; so humble. I'm just so happy - ecstatic"

Post Thanks / Like

So pretty much at this stage we are in a knot. I'm hopeful we can undo it and that we can make the 8 which gives us some sort of chance again but all will depend on how we go over the last 8 weeks of the home and away season in whether we make it or not. Really could go either way and based on our form this season it's not looking that great. The positive I guess for us is that it is such an open season and no team has really gathered momentum.
    "Footscray people are incredible people; so humble. I'm just so happy - ecstatic"

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Eastdog View Post
    So pretty much at this stage we are in a knot. I'm hopeful we can undo it and that we can make the 8 which gives us some sort of chance again but all will depend on how we go over the last 8 weeks of the home and away season in whether we make it or not. Really could go either way and based on our form this season it's not looking that great. The positive I guess for us is that it is such an open season and no team has really gathered momentum.
    We are in a figure four leg lock and could very well be about to tap out. This year is you can throw the book out on previous wins needed and so forth. We are absolute garbage at the moment yet only out of the eight by a game go figure?

If any team strings together a strong month they fly up the ladder so of course it's still possible.

I think with our % we may need a draw against one of the hard teams. I'd take one this week.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Rooner View Post
    I think with our % we may need a draw against one of the hard teams. I'd take one this week.
    We've got some of the bottom sides at the right end of the year, where they may really be focused on playing the kids etc. If we return to form we could really get some percentage against those sides
    If you kicked five goals and Tom Boyd kicked five goals, Tom Boyd kicked more goals than you.

Formerly gogriff

7. Likes N/A liked this post
    mitch0418 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by always right View Post
    To be honest....we've really only played one decent match and that resulted in a narrow loss to GWS. The upside is that other results have fallen our way to the extent we are still in the race for top four, but need to start getting our act together....starting this week in one of the biggest H and A matches we have played in some time.

Now that we are getting players back from injury I'm hoping we can get the chemistry right on field and make a big charge in the second half of the year. I still reckon we are up to our ears in the premiership race.
    I'd have to agree with this. It was a great four quarter effort against GWS away and the only reason we lost is because they were unbelievably accurate in front of goal and we weren't. Unfortunately I can't say I've seen a four quarter effort against any other team even the games we've won. Against Geelong we played 3 quarters and if we had just tagged Selwood we would have won that game (still don't understand why we didn't when it's pretty obvious that is how you beat the Cats).

The so called Media experts were saying our game against the Saints was the Dogs back to their best but sorry I must have been at a different game. Yes we won by 40 points but again it was really only on the back of 1 or 2 good quarters. Our skills have been shocking but more disappointing is the lack of grunt and effort by some (not all).

I hope we show something on Friday night against the Crows. I hate losing but it's so much easier to swallow if I can see the team putting in a full effort for 4 quarters.

9. Thanks GVGjr thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Interesting to hear from Cameron Ling, when he said "We never went back to back with our premierships at Geelong".

I guess that gives us all hope.
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

Post Thanks / Like

Sunday: time untied that knot

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bulldogtragic View Post
    Interesting to hear from Cameron Ling, when he said "We never went back to back with our premierships at Geelong".

I guess that gives us all hope.
    But they didn't fall like we did either , it's a huge fall let's face it. You can't gloss over this no matter how much we might want to.
    Bring back the biff