Thanks Thanks:  2
Likes Likes:  15
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: AFL Round 10, 2017 Discussion

Lingy is impossible to listen to .. Firstly "Hawks have a young side" and they are the second oldest side this weekend.
    Secondly .."just a minor detail but that could be the difference" so it's not minor then is it !
    And if I hear Bruce say "that was Carey like" once more im going to spew up ! He only says it when Carey is calling with him, talk about suck job .
    My god he is terrible. Experts ?? Channel 7 is getting worse each week .
    Bring back the biff

2. Thanks bulldogtragic thanked for this post
    Likes Topdog, Sedat liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Sedat View Post
    Would love the Dawks to scrounge together about 10-11 wins and a 10th placed finish
    Richmond 9th. St Kilda 8th.

Perfect. T&T make it happen please.
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bulldogtragic View Post
    Richmond 9th. St Kilda 8th.

Perfect. T&T make it happen please.
    And Norf 17th - nobody is touching Brisbane
    "Look at me mate. Look at me. I'm flyin'"

Post Thanks / Like

Awesome kick into F50 by the Rising Star in the last couple of minutes. What would Caleb have done with that kick?
    "Look at me mate. Look at me. I'm flyin'"

Post Thanks / Like

Surprised to see Sydney allow Hawthorn to play that short uncontested style . Been their trademark
    Heeney's shank was significant, as it sucked the air out of Sydney .
    Burgoyne turned back time , and losing those two rotations hurt Sydney

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by aker39 View Post
    It doesn't matter whether it's a mark or free kick. If the umpire thinks there is a delay in play, due to injury or the ball being knocked a distance away, they will signal time on. The shot clock person (which is not the timekeepers) will stop the 30 second clock on that signal and start it again when time off is signalled.

Last night, there was no need to signal time on, Dixon wasn't injured, he was just tired and took a while to get up, which ate in to his 30 seconds.

PS - If there is a mark and free kick to the same player, a free kick will always be paid, because advantage can not be paid after a mark.

I've been meaning to ask about that for a while. Cheers.

Quote Originally Posted by Topdog View Post
    I think they will get to 9. Probably finish 12th with that
    Richmond please.

Quote Originally Posted by ledge View Post
    Lingy is impossible to listen to .. Firstly "Hawks have a young side" and they are the second oldest side this weekend.
    Secondly .."just a minor detail but that could be the difference" so it's not minor then is it !
    And if I hear Bruce say "that was Carey like" once more im going to spew up ! He only says it when Carey is calling with him, talk about suck job .
    My god he is terrible. Experts ?? Channel 7 is getting worse each week .
    He is the worst special comments guy I've ever heard. I can't think of anyone worse. Geoff Leek on the ABC maybe, he just said "Rubbish" and "hopeless" a lot. And Bruce going on about everybody being 'Carey like' when he's sitting next to him is plain weird.
    They say Burt Lancaster has one, but I don't believe them.

Post Thanks / Like

Bruce these last two weeks has sunk to a new level of cringeworthy. Has there ever been a commentator tat makes such a huge deal about almost plays or insignificant marks?

Last night Hodge took an intercept mark at the back of the square at the start of the last quarter and Bruce went off about it being a "critical mark" and "telling play" (or something along those lines.

As for Ling, well I said it recently but he is the worst person in the entire football media. Under researched, says nothing, and when he does try and say something it's often poorly phrased (see his comments to martin about feeling that the side in front at the end would win), and incredibly and obviously biased.

Daisy Pearce took his spot on the Geelong match and was fantastic. Concise, clear and informative and her comments were about the game not fanboying over ex teammates.
    I should leave it alone but you're not right

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ledge View Post
    Just so incredibly under prepared (researched) for each game. Its staggering that he can do it so consistently.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Topdog View Post
    Just so incredibly under prepared (researched) for each game. Its staggering that he can do it so consistently.
    I'll bet that 7 are regretting whatever the length of the contract they signed him to is. Even if it's just this year it means they have to make a call on replacing him and braking up the "commentry team" or continue on fouling up a product they have payed billions for.

They must have given him a trial. Did they not notice that he yells rather than talks, that he has no idea about communicating football ideas or even understand what he's talking about and that he has a very annoying personality trait (he's a wanker). How did all that get past them?
    They say Burt Lancaster has one, but I don't believe them.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Twodogs View Post
    I'll bet that 7 are regretting whatever the length of the contract they signed him to is. Even if it's just this year it means they have to make a call on replacing him and braking up the "commentry team" or continue on fouling up a product they have payed billions for.

They must have given him a trial. Did they not notice that he yells rather than talks, that he has no idea about communicating football ideas or even understand what he's talking about and that he has a very annoying personality trait (he's a wanker). How did all that get past them?
    Everything that is wrong with AFL coverage can be pinned down to society being extremely dull and full of brain dead idiots. We're in a bit of an echo chamber on Woof, what we all think is second rate or substandard, is actually what a large portion of the football watching public wants to see.

I don't know why they want to see it, they just do.
    Nobody's looking for a puppeteer in today's wintry economic climate.

12. Likes bornadog, Topdog liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Bit like what they dish up on the box .
    Ling just shits me, and reckon Daisy Pierce is a lot better option .
    As for Basil.....

Post Thanks / Like

I can't believe Adelaide had 43 shots at goal. Freo were woeful.
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

I was fortunate enough to take the family to Dreamtime at the G last night, courtesy of the Bacchus Marsh Golf Club.

The Dreamtime ceremony was fantastic and I'm glad the kids got to experience it.

It was actually a pretty good game to watch. We left at 3qt because the kids were knackered and we didn't want to get caught up in the crowd.

Richmond's decision making going forward is *!*!*!*!ing terrible at times.

I'll never understand why Essendon is persisting with Cale Hooker as a forward. He actually managed to land both the 1-vote and 3-votes in Triple M's worst on ground, as Nathan Brown's assessment of him was that he was so bad he deserved four votes. Everything he touched turned to poo.

16. Likes Topdog liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

The skill level of GWS is outstanding. ( I hate to say )
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

Loving the majority of the indigenous guernseys. Many look better than the regular ones, like Richmonds, West Coasts and the Giants ones.
    Footscray member since 1980.