Thanks Thanks:  2
Likes Likes:  15
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: AFL Round 10, 2017 Discussion

If Toby Greene wasn't such a ****, I'd almost like watching him play.
    Our 1954 premiership players are our heroes, and it has to be said that Charlie was their hero.

Post Thanks / Like

What a goal that was along the boundary .
    Josh Kennedy also went down with what looked like a serious injury.
    Painful to type,but that was a great win by the plastics

Post Thanks / Like

HAppy plastics to win keeps the eagles out of the four . The more they lose at home the harder it is for them. Good weekend Wife Th results falling out way we are now in the TOP 4. Richmond was the only other team was hoping would get rolled but hey it's Richmond they will threaten to finish 9th this year

Post Thanks / Like

Powerful statement by GWS with 10 first choice players on the sidelines. They are the team to beat this year.

Carlton are one of the most honest teams going around. They will be a very good team in 2019 and beyond - shattered they got rid of Malthouse and replaced him with an excellent coach.
    "Look at me mate. Look at me. I'm flyin'"

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Sedat View Post
    Powerful statement by GWS with 10 first choice players on the sidelines. They are the team to beat this year.

Carlton are one of the most honest teams going around. They will be a very good team in 2019 and beyond - shattered they got rid of Malthouse and replaced him with an excellent coach.
    Moreso when they can/want to dump Thomas and reallocate his $750,000 to a very good free agent when it suits them, to add in some talented experience around their kids. Plus Palmers wage. Add in Jaksch & Jones likely going this year, freeing up about $700,000. It will be interesting if the old style Carlton just go for Fyfe/Martin to boost the membership campaign, or copy us by quietly keep building, trading wisely, bank a couple of years unders of salary cap and then look to go all out when the list will benefit most for adding in quality players.
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bulldogtragic View Post
    Moreso when they can/want to dump Thomas and reallocate his $750,000 to a very good free agent when it suits them, to add in some talented experience around their kids. Plus Palmers wage. Add in Jaksch & Jones likely going this year, freeing up about $700,000. It will be interesting if the old style Carlton just go for Fyfe/Martin to boost the membership campaign, or copy us by quietly keep building, trading wisely, bank a couple of years unders of salary cap and then look to go all out when the list will benefit most for adding in quality players.
    I reckon Bolton and Silvagni want another lick at the top end of the ND this year and hold their FA fire for 12 months time. It's almost the perfect year for them this year - highly competitive and getting plenty games into the youth but not climbing up the ladder all that much. They will improve and quickly when their youth all hit the 40-60 game mark together.
    "Look at me mate. Look at me. I'm flyin'"

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Sedat View Post
    I reckon Bolton and Silvagni want another lick at the top end of the ND this year and hold their FA fire for 12 months time. It's almost the perfect year for them this year - highly competitive and getting plenty games into the youth but not climbing up the ladder all that much. They will improve and quickly when their youth all hit the 40-60 game mark together.
    Just have to wonder how much the disaster that was the 2014 draft/trade will hurt them. No doubt they'll climb and go ok, but that 2014 period might come back to haunt them when their depth on the list is tested in and around future Septembers.
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023