Thanks Thanks:  5
Likes Likes:  19
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Match Committee - Round 14, 2017 vs North Melbourne

For mine we've lacked a hard edge and a willingness to take the game to our opponents physically.

On that basis Clay Smith comes in, as does one of Redpath or Cloke. Murph also comes in for class and leadership.

I'm shattered for Jong. Suckling isn't doing enough, nor is Dickson.

If JJ pulls up sore (he was barely moving in the last) Bailey Williams comes in.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by westdog54 View Post
    For mine we've lacked a hard edge and a willingness to take the game to our opponents physically.

On that basis Clay Smith comes in, as does one of Redpath or Cloke. Murph also comes in for class and leadership.

I'm shattered for Jong. Suckling isn't doing enough, nor is Dickson.

If JJ pulls up sore (he was barely moving in the last) Bailey Williams comes in.
    We might have to rename ourselves the Clydesdales if we make those changes. We'll be slower than a wet week - I know leg speed isn't the be all and end all, but man we'd be painfully slow.
    "Look at me mate. Look at me. I'm flyin'"

Post Thanks / Like

The changes we made from the Sydney game worked

Libba - 29 touches, 9 tackles, 1.1
    T Boyd - 36 hitouts, 11 touches, 4 tackles, 1.1
    Morris - Pedersen didn't score
    Honeychurch - Butchered it but had 20 touches, 4 tackles
    Cordy - In most people's votes

Just need to keep ringing the changes to remove the passengers and find others than can contribute

Out: Jong, Biggs
    In: Smith, Murphy
    If you kicked five goals and Tom Boyd kicked five goals, Tom Boyd kicked more goals than you.

Formerly gogriff

Post Thanks / Like

I have no *!*!*!*!ing idea... But the MC like making 5 changes, so that's what I'll do too.

Out: Jong, Biggs, Suckling, Honeychurch, Dale

In: Murphy, Williams, Webb, Cloke, Young

B- Morris, Cordy, Wood
    HB - Murphy, Young, JJ
    C - Macrae, Wallis, Hunter
    HF - Daniel, Cloke, Stringer
    F - Dahlhaus, Boyd, Dickson
    R - Roughead, Bont, Libba

Int - McLean, Picken, Webb, Williams
    Last edited by Mantis; 21-06-2017 at 11:20 AM. Reason: Had Wallis x2.. one is more than enough.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mantis View Post
    I have no *!*!*!*!ing idea... But the MC like making 5 changes, so that's what I'll do too.

Out: Jong, Biggs, Suckling, Honeychurch, Dale

In: Murphy, Williams, Webb, Cloke, Young

B- Morris, Cordy, Wood
    HB - Murphy, Young, JJ
    C - Macrae, Wallis, Hunter
    HF - Daniel, Cloke, Stringer
    F - Dahlhaus, Boyd, Dickson
    R - Roughead, Bont, Libba

Int - Wallis, Picken, Webb, Williams
    I like your team, but I doubt Suckling will be dropped.
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post
    I like your team, but I doubt Suckling will be dropped.
    I know he won't, doesn't mean he shouldn't... He is the new Eagleton!

7. Likes Rocket Science, Cyberdoggie, hujsh liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mantis View Post
    I know he won't, doesn't mean he shouldn't... He is the new Eagleton!

If we are keen to keep him in the team, I would like to see him play in the forward half of the ground. He is the worst one on one defender ever.
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post

If we are keen to keep him in the team, I would like to see him play in the forward half of the ground. He is the worst one on one defender ever.
    I agree with your assessment of Suckling. He did manage to kick goals with Hawthorn at half forward, which just might help to improve our poorly performing forward line. Murphy also becomes another forward option together with Redpath, who I would prefer to Cloke. We have placed too much reliance on Stringer and Dickson to kick goals and both have performed poorly in recent weeks.
    We went too small last week and were monstered by the McDonald brothers and Watts.
    In. Redpath Murphy Roberts and M. Boyd.
    Out. Jong Honeychurch Dale and Dickson.

Post Thanks / Like

Why are posters dropping Dale?

He brings a bit of leg speed, has good kicking skills and if he is forward he will kick a goal or two.
    More of an In Bruges guy?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by azabob View Post
    Why are posters dropping Dale?

He brings a bit of leg speed, has good kicking skills and if he is forward he will kick a goal or two.
    I like Dale as a prospect, but I thought he was one of the guys who's performance typified our problems right now. He looked out of position off the ball, looked a bit slow in and out of traffic, players broke his tackle too easily, was very fumbly with hands on ground balls, and his disposal looked not up to scratch (55% Disposal Efficiency on 20 touches).

12. Thanks azabob thanked for this post
    Likes boydogs, 1eyedog liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Yankee Hotel Foxtrot View Post
    I like Dale as a prospect, but I thought he was one of the guys who's performance typified our problems right now. He looked out of position off the ball, looked a bit slow in and out of traffic, players broke his tackle too easily, was very fumbly with hands on ground balls, and his disposal looked not up to scratch (55% Disposal Efficiency on 20 touches).
    While I agree Dale wasn't great, at this point I'd keep playing him. He's at least starting to find more of the ball and feel more comfortable at the level. On average, he is one of our better ball users.

I'd consider dropping Picken, who has been one of our worst performed this season but escaped criticism.

14. Likes Mantis, azabob liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by The Bulldogs Bite View Post
    While I agree Dale wasn't great, at this point I'd keep playing him. He's at least starting to find more of the ball and feel more comfortable at the level. On average, he is one of our better ball users.

I'd consider dropping Picken, who has been one of our worst performed this season but escaped criticism.
    he's an outside player who is there primarily because of his kicking ability, goal assists, and outside run.
    These are mandatory, but you actually have to provide some level of defensive accountability as well and he just doesn't have that in his game. When things aren't going your way you just can't carry 4-5 guys that don't have that attribute in their game.

He had a couple of good opportunities as well but then blew it with poor passing that overshot it's target. Just didn't look comfortable with the physical pressure from both Sydney and Melbourne, and that is what you are going to get come finals time (if we make it.)

Post Thanks / Like

outs:

Honeychurch- looked out of his depth, was slow made bad skill errors and is not reliable by foot, especially around goals. Has a poor record of goal accuracy at VFL level and that doesn't easily correct itself or warrant him a spot in the AFL side. Maybe i'm being harsh but from that performance it was clear in my opinion that he's a decent VFL player but not AFL quality.

Jong - big loss to our variety in the middle.

Dale - He and Suckling are a bit Eagleton like where it's either good or bad and nothing in between. I think the team balance has been off and we need hard nuts in the side.

Suckling - Been poor all year. Get's caught with the ball at least once a game because he holds onto too long, and for his occasional nice kick there are 3 other disposals which are poor.

Ins:
    Roberts - Only in because we will need another key defender against North. Unless they want to blood someone else.

Smith - Should always be in, he along with Dunks and Dickson were our best goal scorers in our finals run, 2 of them have been missing and the other can't get a touch. Brings some attitude and physical presence.

Boyd - Needed a run. Will be better after a good VFL game and hopefully add some senior voice the back

Murphy - need his line breaking and creativity

Post Thanks / Like

^^

CD, there's a fair chance Roberts will be out with a concussion. Would you be giving Collins a crack at it?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Cyberdoggie View Post
    he's an outside player who is there primarily because of his kicking ability, goal assists, and outside run.
    These are mandatory, but you actually have to provide some level of defensive accountability as well and he just doesn't have that in his game. When things aren't going your way you just can't carry 4-5 guys that don't have that attribute in their game.

He had a couple of good opportunities as well but then blew it with poor passing that overshot it's target. Just didn't look comfortable with the physical pressure from both Sydney and Melbourne, and that is what you are going to get come finals time (if we make it.)
    You can't condemn Dale who is one of the few to show improvement on our list this year, yet name M Boyd as somebody who should be brought back in the same breath. Boyd has been a turnover king with an ordinary defensive game and a non-existent offensive game. He's been a warrior and was sensational last year, but he would need to string together 3-4 good weeks of VFL footy before I even consider him.

Besides - if you are going to drop Dale based on the last two games, then you must have about another 18 in front of him.

19. Likes azabob liked this post