Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  23
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Bankers And Anchors - Round 14, 2017 vs North Melbourne

Quote Originally Posted by Ozza View Post
    It shouldn't be that hard to START your approach in 30 seconds. Regardless of whether the shot clock is on the screen or not. I get that it was unfortunate that Higgins didn't hear the first 4 calls of play on, but if he and Ben Brown both have a run up longer than Brett Lee - then they should be aware that they haven't got an extra few seconds at the top of their mark to take deep breaths and fix their clothes. They only have to START the approach within 30 seconds. Jon Ralph tweeted that Shaun took 37 seconds before play on was called.
    Agree. Before the clock was on the scoreboard, I dare players wouldn't have taken 30 seconds to prepare. They used to put the ball on the ground, so time on was called, picked it up and took the shot. I don't know why players are trying to take every last one of the 30 seconds, because if you get it wrong, Stringer can smash the shit out of you. I'm not sure why players cut it so fine, for most instances (but not all).
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

2. Likes Topdog liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Ozza View Post
    It shouldn't be that hard to START your approach in 30 seconds. Regardless of whether the shot clock is on the screen or not. I get that it was unfortunate that Higgins didn't hear the first 4 calls of play on, but if he and Ben Brown both have a run up longer than Brett Lee - then they should be aware that they haven't got an extra few seconds at the top of their mark to take deep breaths and fix their clothes. They only have to START the approach within 30 seconds. Jon Ralph tweeted that Shaun took 37 seconds before play on was called.
    Who knows if he would have kicked the goal anyway.
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post
    I knows he didn't!
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

5. Likes N/A liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bulldogtragic View Post
    Agree. Before the clock was on the scoreboard, I dare players wouldn't have taken 30 seconds to prepare. They used to put the ball on the ground, so time on was called, picked it up and took the shot. I don't know why players are trying to take every last one of the 30 seconds, because if you get it wrong, Stringer can smash the shit out of you. I'm not sure why players cut it so fine, for most instances (but not all).
    What the hell was wrong with calling time on. Again, AFL changes rule and there are other effects on the game.

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

What the hell was wrong with calling time on. Again, AFL changes rule and there are other effects on the game.
    That's what the AFEL do. It's what they're best. It's like asking why a dog licks his balls...

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mantis View Post
    I feel like Anakin being pulled to the dark-side.

I just can't have him at present.. maybe he just represents what is wrong with the team... I'll stay the course for the next few weeks, but if he continues to cost us goals with his lackadaisical style I'll flip my lid.
    When the team is playing well then his contributions are icing on the cake, rather than the base

And the positive is at least you have a consistent type as a whipping boy - we must sit down and a good long discussion about Jordan McMahon at some stage

Post Thanks / Like

Why did he even get a free for headbutting a stationary player in the knee.
    Life is to be Enjoyed not Endured

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Bulldog Joe View Post
    Why did he even get a free for headbutting a stationary player in the knee.
    True, and Roughy tried to leap over him to avoid contact.