Thanks Thanks:  3
Likes Likes:  15
Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Match Committee - Round 15, 2017 vs West Coast

If you were on the Bulldogs match committee what changes would you make for our round 15, 2017 match against West Coast at Etihad?

As always a brief explanation for your changes would add a lot of value to the discussion.
    Last edited by Eastdog; 03-06-2017 at 09:45 PM.
    "Footscray people are incredible people; so humble. I'm just so happy - ecstatic"

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Match Committee - Round 15, 2017 vs West Coast

Bump
    Western Bulldogs Football Club "Where it's cool to drool"

Post Thanks / Like

Ins: Bob, Tom Boyd, Roberts

Outs: JJ, Dicko, Cordy (inj)
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bulldogtragic View Post
    Ins: Bob, Tom Boyd, Roberts

Outs: JJ, Dicko, Cordy (inj)
    What happened to Cordy?
    More of an In Bruges guy?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by azabob View Post
    What happened to Cordy?
    Was taken off by the trainers late in the game, not to come back. Assuming he's injured, to come off in a vital time in the hands of trainers.
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

6. Thanks azabob thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Out: Roughead, Dickson, Cordy
    In: Roberts, T Boyd, Murphy
    If you kicked five goals and Tom Boyd kicked five goals, Tom Boyd kicked more goals than you.

Formerly gogriff

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by azabob View Post
    What happened to Cordy?
    Bevo down played it when asked about it in his post match presser. Didn't seem to think there was anything in it.

9. Thanks azabob thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

So I'm not really sure what to do with the big guys. Roughy is probably the best ruckman, Campbell can't be dropped off of the best game of his career, and Boyd has to play.

I'm kind of inclined to play all three and leave Boyd out of the ruck entirely, but that's probably too top heavy. Can't see Roughead getting dropped either. Genuinely intriguing!

Dickson needs a spell; hasn't fired a shot this year.

In - XL-Boyd, Murphy

Out - Cordy (inj)/Redpath, Dickson
    - I'm a visionary - Only here to confirm my biases -

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by boydogs View Post
    Out: Roughead, Dickson, Cordy
    In: Roberts, T Boyd, Murphy
    Agree.

To me you play T.Boyd with Campbell or Roughead. Not both. Roberts needs to play and Murphy for Dicko. Depending on Murph I'd also consider Smith for Dicko.
    "Loves a scrap....oh yeah & he's a pretty handy footballer as well"

12. Likes boydogs liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Doc26 View Post
    Bevo down played it when asked about it in his post match presser. Didn't seem to think there was anything in it.
    He had his legs taken out from under him.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by FrediKanoute View Post
    He had his legs taken out from under him.
    With a studs up sliding effort on the ball from the NM player. Not far removed from the Rohan incident that caused the rule change. Yet, no call. That rule is a disgrac, punishing blokes desperate to get hands on the ball.

Tripping and kicking in danger accounts for all the scenarios that can pop up and it should've been utilised in this instance.

15. Likes 1eyedog liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by SlimPickens View Post
    Agree.

To me you play T.Boyd with Campbell or Roughead. Not both. Roberts needs to play and Murphy for Dicko. Depending on Murph I'd also consider Smith for Dicko.
    Can Roughead, Campbell and Boyd all play if Redpath doesnt? I wouldnt mind seeing Boyd play permanent forward

17. Likes Happy Days liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Gee.....I hope Kennedy doesn't get up to play next week. Have no idea who we will play on him. Thought Roughy was serviceable against Brown last night but he simply can't keep up with Kennedy. Big Tom's game last night creates a problem. Not sure we can play all of Roughy, TC and Boyd.......Redpath must remain.

With Jongy out I thought we lacked some running power so getting Murphy back is important and he should replace Dickson who has been poor for weeks and needs a spell with Footscray. JJ was marginally better last night but we simply can't do without his run....although his turnovers were horrendous last night on a couple of occasions.

Great to see Bont's return to form.....and the fact he played so much more in the midfield. Perhaps he is getting over whatever injury he has been carrying.
    I thought I was wrong once but I was mistaken.

19. Likes Nuggety Back Pocket liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by always right View Post
    Gee.....I hope Kennedy doesn't get up to play next week. Have no idea who we will play on him. Thought Roughy was serviceable against Brown last night but he simply can't keep up with Kennedy. Big Tom's game last night creates a problem. Not sure we can play all of Roughy, TC and Boyd.......Redpath must remain.

With Jongy out I thought we lacked some running power so getting Murphy back is important and he should replace Dickson who has been poor for weeks and needs a spell with Footscray. JJ was marginally better last night but we simply can't do without his run....although his turnovers were horrendous last night on a couple of occasions.

Great to see Bont's return to form.....and the fact he played so much more in the midfield. Perhaps he is getting over whatever injury he has been carrying.
    Is Kennedy in the frame to return?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by always right View Post

Great to see Bont's return to form.....and the fact he played so much more in the midfield. Perhaps he is getting over whatever injury

he has been carrying.
    Campbell was terrific last night and prefer him at this stage to Tom Boyd who has had an ordinary season. Murphy is an obvious inclusion and should replace an out of form Dickson. Prefer also to see Matthew Boyd return after two good performances in the VFL.
    Happy to see Suckling miss but doubt it will occur.
    In. Murphy M Boyd
    Out. Dickson Honeychurch