Thanks Thanks:  3
Likes Likes:  15
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Match Committee - Round 15, 2017 vs West Coast

from westcokes website it seems likely he will play :- June 20,*!2017*!(expected return to play)*!

Kennedy (calf)*!Test

In Murphy (if fit), otherwise Williams, Webb or Lipinski
    Out Dickson, sadly his current form can't be tolerated.

I would retain Campbell as his game v North was better than any of Tom Boyd's this year.
    No to Roberts as he has been monstered by Kennedy, prefer Cordy.
    Banking on Libba and JJ to return to form.

Post Thanks / Like

Out- Redpath, Dickson, Suckling
    In- T Boyd, Murphy, Roberts

Jack's unlucky but I don't think his agility and speed is there and I want to see Tom as a permanent forward.

Roberts plays back, Roughy and Campbell play ruck/forward and Murph slides into Suckling's spot (it wasn't his worst game last night but he's our weakest half back).

Post Thanks / Like

I feel like we will give Bob the extra week off with a 6 day break playing in Adelaide coming the week after.

If Zaine is injured= Roberts comes in for him.

If Tom Boyd is right, he comes in for Dickson. Might make us a bit top heavy but not like Dickson is offering us mobility. Would drop Dickson anyway. Roberts, Tom Boyd or Matt Boyd.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by FrediKanoute View Post
    He had his legs taken out from under him.
    Sorry I meant more in terms of the extent of Zaine's injury, not in terms of the level of crudeness in the NM player's action.

Post Thanks / Like

I'm not so sure Murph will be right. He looked quite lame coming up the steps with the coaching panel yesterday, was not moving well at all.
    www.bulldogtragician.com A blog about being a lifelong fan of the Dogs and our quixotic attempt to replicate 1954. AND WE DID
    Author of "The Mighty West: the Bulldogs journey from daydream believers to premiership heroes"
    Twitter @bulldogstragic

Post Thanks / Like

For me Depends on injuries.

Possibe Ins: Murphy, Tom Boyd

Possible Outs: Cordy if injured, Picken if knee sore, Dickson needs to find form, we need him later in the year.

I wouldn't be dropping anyone else from last night as it was a real team effort.
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

I think you can play all of Rough/TC and Boyd on certain occasions - and West Coast is one side that you can do it.
    I think Roughy's game down back is harshly judged because Brown finally got into the game in the last quarter - up until that point, Roughy had him well held - but the way the game opened up late left the defenders more exposed.

I like the idea of Boyd and Red as fairly permanent forwards - with Tom spending some time rucking. We simply can't allow McGovern, Barass and McKenzie to mark the ball in our 50.

Will wait and see on injuries before making a call on changes. But think it could be Tom for Dicko. Bit of a mystery night for Dicko. Didn't make any mistakes - but just went where the ball wasn't all night. Picko ended up playing the role I thought Dicko would play deep forward.

FWIW, Bevo liked JJ's game and said so in the press conference.

Post Thanks / Like

I thought Rough was fine at full back on the weekend but we have a better one playing at Footscray.

Roughy is either competing with Roberts for a spot at full back (I'd rather Roberts), competing with Campbell for the first ruck position (and Tom just played the best game we've had from a ruck this year) or they're playing in partnership, which I don't mind as an option.

Post Thanks / Like

I don't know what to think about Suckling's place in the side.

Makes some outrageous decision errors, regularly costs us goals, and then inevitably has moments like his brilliant goal last night, and perfect kick in to Redpath on the winning play.

With Petrie and Kennedy up forward for West Coast this week - I wouldn't be disappointed to see Roberts replace Suckling in defence, to allow Morris and Wood to match up on Darling and Cripps.

Post Thanks / Like

Im really keen for Dickson and Libba to stay in the side, I just think both players don't need massive numbers to impact and lets back them in for a change to fine form.

The great thing about Campbells game is that he rucked at least 80% of the night something that Roughead fails to do which means Boyd spends too much time in the ruck. Having a tall in the forward line also enabled the Bont to spend more time in the middle which worked wonders when Tom was hitting it down his throat and also allowed Jake to get up the ground a little more. The question is which permanent tall in the forward line? Redpath or Boyd? Redpath wasn't great the other night but once again he hit the score board. You can analyse it any which way but he has kicked 7 goals in three games this year which is good going.

Who is the second ruckman Boyd or Roughead? I cant see Roughead continuing as a defender as i'm not sure there is a much up for him week in week out. If Boyd is fit its going to be an interesting match committee once again thats for sure.

Post Thanks / Like

Petrie kicked 4 this week and has hurt us in the past. Surely Roughy stays in the side to play on him, with Roberts to come in and match up on Kennedy. With McGovern, Darling and Vardy all also forward/Rucking, WCE play very tall forward (even if one of these is dropped this week).

Dickson needs to go to Footscray and find some form. Bob is arguably the best equipped player we have to play the same role with the bonus that he can also fill other roles.

With BTC looking good in 1st Ruck (admittedly on limited evidence of one game), I'd love to get TBoyd back in the team straight away. If Cordy is injured he is would be the out, if not Redpath would be the unfortunate omission.

I worry about JJ/Suckling/Biggs in the same team. For mine that's one too many outside players i similar roles. I think Biggs hurts opposition teams the least and could be a slightly unlucky omission.

I'l go:

In: Roberts, Murphy, TBoyd
    Out: Dickson, Cordy (if injured)/Redpath, Biggs

12. Likes chef, merantau liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Looks like Murphy will play, Tom Boyd back through the VFL and Picken is doubtful.
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

Kennedy was ruled out yesterday (Yay) (WA reporter Travis King confirmed yesterday - no LeCras either and apparently Hurn's doubtful as well)

Would be loathe to rest Picken if he's almost right after a return to form last week, but if there's any doubt..

IN: Murphy, M Boyd
    OUT: Picken, ...... Dickson or Libba....
    Float Along - Fill Your Lungs

15. Thanks bulldogsthru&thru thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Libba wasn't great on Saturday but I think we need him to match up on Priddis/Mitchell. Watching the replay against North, Roughy made some really important spoils.....but with Kennedy likely to be out, it comes down to him and Roberts as to who takes Petrie.

Really hoping both Picken and Murphy come up to replace Dickson. Suckling stays in on the back of his best game for some time.
    I thought I was wrong once but I was mistaken.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by always right View Post
    Libba wasn't great on Saturday but I think we need him to match up on Priddis/Mitchell. Watching the replay against North, Roughy made some really important spoils.....but with Kennedy likely to be out, it comes down to him and Roberts as to who takes Petrie.

Really hoping both Picken and Murphy come up to replace Dickson. Suckling stays in on the back of his best game for some time.
    Libba spent lots of time forward last Saturday night.. especially in the 3rd qtr. I wouldn't have thought this is the best spot for him.

On Roughy he defended the high ball pretty well, but his lack of acceleration caught him out a few times when his opponent was on the lead. Petrie isn't quick so that match could work ok.

Like the idea of playing Murf forward, but if that was a good game for Suckling we are setting low standards.. perhaps it was better, but still not good.