Thanks Thanks:  3
Likes Likes:  15
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Match Committee - Round 15, 2017 vs West Coast

The only unforced change I'd have this week is Murphy for Suckling. Suckers has had an extended run at it time for a mental recheck in the Magoos.
    But then again, I'm an Internet poster and Bevo is a premiership coach so draw your own conclusions.

Post Thanks / Like

Hurn now ruled out for WCE this week, joining JJK and Lecras on the sidelines.

3. Likes Rocco Jones liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Star Eagles trio ruled out against Bulldogs

WEST Coast captain Shannon Hurn has been ruled out of Saturday's clash with the Western Bulldogs due to concussion.

The Eagles skipper was involved in a fourth-quarter collision with Melbourne counterpart Jack Viney during last weekend's narrow loss at Domain Stadium.

Two-time Coleman medallist Josh Kennedy (calf) and fellow goalkicker Mark LeCras (hip) have also been ruled out of the clash.

Post Thanks / Like

No excuses this week. It's essentially an 8pt game given we'll be competing with the eagles for a spot in the 8. Must win

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Axe Man View Post
    Star Eagles trio ruled out against Bulldogs

WEST Coast captain Shannon Hurn has been ruled out of Saturday's clash with the Western Bulldogs due to concussion.

The Eagles skipper was involved in a fourth-quarter collision with Melbourne counterpart Jack Viney during last weekend's narrow loss at Domain Stadium.

Two-time Coleman medallist Josh Kennedy (calf) and fellow goalkicker Mark LeCras (hip) have also been ruled out of the clash.
    Hurn and Le Cras could almost be dropped on form, however Kennedy always seems to kill us. Schofield's suspension appeal will be very, very interesting.. He's been important for them, lately. This needs to be the game that we rediscover the mojo. Thought we'd get Norf by eight or so goals (prior the game and also in and around halftime), but not to be. This needs to be the week.

Post Thanks / Like

Geez I want to see Webb in soon. He is a high quality user and like what I have seen in vfl. He looks really hungry for the ball and would I think do ok at on ball or back or forward type role. Webb and Murph in for whomever is injured or out of form. I would much prefer us putting games into Webb than Suckling however his game on weekend was better so unlikely. Look what has happened to Dale's confidence by leaving him in for a few weeks on end.

Post Thanks / Like

I'd really like to see Webb returned to the back flank where his poise, marking and kicking can be a weapon. He should be in our plan to replace Boyd next year.
    I thought I was wrong once but I was mistaken.

Post Thanks / Like

I'll join the chorus and also reckon Webb deserves a go. Great skills and nous, regularly demonstrated; hate to see him seduced by another club.

Post Thanks / Like

I'm keen to see Webb in the firsts also (as well as Williams) however only 12 touches last week with Footscray says that this is unlikely to be his week.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by 1eyedog View Post
    The only unforced change I'd have this week is Murphy for Suckling. Suckers has had an extended run at it time for a mental recheck in the Magoos.
    Our players seemed to really be looking the get the ball to Suckling a lot last week, it seems he's heavily in our gameplan. I doubt he goes anywhere.
    Western Bulldogs: 2016 Premiers

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mofra View Post
    Our players seemed to really be looking the get the ball to Suckling a lot last week, it seems he's heavily in our gameplan. I doubt he goes anywhere.
    I don't mind Suckling at all, not sure what the fuss is about.

That kick to Redpath to eventually set up Stringer, I doubt could have been executed by anyone else.
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

If Picken is out with injury, I think Clay will take his place.
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mofra View Post
    Ok I wasn't watching closely. Countless times previously he's been on his own on the switch and hasn't been used. At times he's looked frustrated by this. I'm glad we went through him more last week, in space is where he does his damage. He works hard up the ground but defensively he's a bit of a liability. I'm a bit worried about JJ, Suckers and Murphy all playing down back, hardly a defensive bone in any of their bodies.
    But then again, I'm an Internet poster and Bevo is a premiership coach so draw your own conclusions.

Post Thanks / Like

On the topic of Suckling, I really hope our players stop handballing to him when they are 45-50 out about to have a set shot. He ends up taking the kick from 55-60, more often than not has pressure on him and I'm fairly sure he has missed his last 15 attempts. Cannot remember the last one he kicked like this.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Jaytee View Post
    On the topic of Suckling, I really hope our players stop handballing to him when they are 45-50 out about to have a set shot. He ends up taking the kick from 55-60, more often than not has pressure on him and I'm fairly sure he has missed his last 15 attempts. Cannot remember the last one he kicked like this.
    Yep, he and JJ are the go to guys for this and aside from the ripper Suckling kicked against Sydney they have each missed pretty much every shot on the run they have had.

There is no way Suckling is dropped btw. His month prior to this week was much worse than his game against North, can't see them dropping him as he returns to form. Also for all his howlers I think he is probably the player to suffer the most when we are struggling. I think the last few weeks he has been trying his arse off and one of the few players to take risks and try and create something, a much harder role when everyone of your targets is out of form, is playing from behind and is offering you nothing in support.
    I should leave it alone but you're not right