Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  8
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

I tell you what I'm sick of already.

The bevy of ex Geelong special comments guys that have sprung up. If I wanted to watch a game with the Geelong cheer squad then I'd probably buy a Geelong membership and sit with their bloody cheer squad. But I don't want to sit with the Geelong cheer squad any bloody more than I want to watch another minute of football with King and the other bunch of ex Geelong *!*!*!*!ing morons that have sprung up on the other commentary teams. Like that thug, dud full forward they got from North. He must be the luckiest dual club premiership player ever.
    They say Burt Lancaster has one, but I don't believe them.

2. Likes AndrewP6 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: I tell you what I'm sick of already.

Wait until everyone who won three in a row from Hawthorn has retired.

It's what happens. if St Kilda had have won a flag or two Stephen "I'm not a wapist" Milne would be on the tele each week.
    Nobody's looking for a puppeteer in today's wintry economic climate.

4. Likes ratsmac liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I take it two you're talking about his idiotic dogs have been overrated this year?
    Last time I looked we weren't and haven't been flag favourites ever , so I don't know what he's banging on about .
    Ling's captain obvious, haven't heard any of Bartel's work, and Mooney is a moron .

Post Thanks / Like

Imagine how good we'd be if we had a really difficult home ground to play on. Rather than one on which all Victorian based clubs play on regularly.

Post Thanks / Like

I think my hatred for Geelong is at record breaking levels.
    They've done studies you know, 60% of the time, it works every time!
    Brian Fantana.

8. Likes Bulldog Joe, Max469, N/A liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jeemak View Post
    Imagine how good we'd be if we had a really difficult home ground to play on. Rather than one on which all Victorian based clubs play on regularly.
    Of our three home grounds...
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

Post Thanks / Like

The umpire's favouring of Geelong in this game has gone past stupid.

What's the point of playing the game if one team has 21 players on the ground?

Post Thanks / Like

Port are in front with 9.05 left in the last quarter.

But don't worry the umpires will get the *!*!*!*!ing inbred Geelong turds over the line.

12. Likes 1eyedog liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bulldogtragic View Post
    Of our three home grounds...
    Hilariously it's the other two that nets us something moderately close to what they earn from one of their home games in Geelong. AFEL eh........

14. Likes bulldogtragic liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Twodogs View Post
    Port are in front with 9.05 left in the last quarter.

But don't worry the umpires will get the *!*!*!*!ing inbred Geelong turds over the line.

Thanks umps.

Post Thanks / Like

That's pretty special.

They've essentially started the set shot clock at the time he's taken the mark. Not taking into account the time to get up, the time for the umpire to line him up?

Then the free for front on contact was also a pretty special one.

I couldn't wait to meet Geelong in the finals.

Post Thanks / Like

If they get this kind of umpiring in the finals they will be unstoppable. No frees for throwing, or for HTB, get HTB when (Bob) players kick it even, cut the net 30 seconds irresponsibly, dodgy frees by non-officiating umpires, Selwood frees for too high still (despite ducking, shrugging &/or dropping knees) and so many obvious opposition frees not paid.

You just can't beat a team that has seperate rules applied to it. It's not possible, Moreso in tight games. Can't beat them 25 of them on field, plus throw in some dodgy boundary line calls or non reviews and its 22 vs 31. Then don't get me started about the review system that will inevitably go their way. I'd be putting money on them to win it all, then if the AFEL can mediate a trade of Ablett to Geelong for a third rounder as in a thread today, plus find another loophole to allow them to future trade again, again, again, and we can all have a great AFEL inspired Geelong *!*!*!*!fest.
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

18. Likes ratsmac liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I'm *!*!*!*!ing sick of seeing the two Selwood's continually duck their head or dive and get rewarded with free kicks.

That play on call v Dixon was absolute BS - when has an umpire ever called play on in that situation?

Post Thanks / Like

The commentators were gushing over Chris Scott's 4th quarter record when they lead at 3q time. Has never lost a game in that position, then you see the umpiring they got tonight and you think to yourself 'no ****ing wonder'.

How many leg ups does one club need? One team town, only club that gets its own stadium, and gets preferential treatment via the umpires which is only exacerbated when it comes to Dangerwood.
    Our 1954 premiership players are our heroes, and it has to be said that Charlie was their hero.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by comrade View Post
    How many leg ups does one club need? One team town, only club that gets its own stadium, and gets preferential treatment via the umpires which is only exacerbated when it comes to Dangerwood.
    Why don't other clubs make more noise about this, particularly with the way that Duckwood ducks his head at every contest/drops his knees and dives forward when tackled from behind?

That *!*!*!*!ing idiot Scott put the boots in about us "throwing" the ball last year - we should have returned serve.