Thanks Thanks:  2
Likes Likes:  9
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: 3 Things I've learned round 10 vs the Saints

1. Caleb was in it all game, he's a dynamo that guy and as sharp as a tack. I think it was his mum that told him "It's not whether your tall enough that matters, it's whether your good enough." He's bucket loads of good enough, thanks Mrs. Daniel!
    2. Nice to see some Shane Biggs of old in his game back.
    3. Bailey Dale gets better every week; composure and smarts are fabulous attributes.
    Last edited by Insufficient Intent; 28-05-2017 at 11:24 AM. Reason: typo

2. Likes bulldogtragic, ratsmac liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by always right View Post
    If I have one criticism is that he seems to be going to ground too easily. Whilst he has a great ability to regain his feet quickly, there were several instances where he competed for the ball up forward against a couple of opponents but immediately went to ground and was unable to lock it in. Perhaps fatigue is the reason.
    I hate when players lose their feet but Dahl actually uses it to his advantage because he's a small. He normally goes to ground while trapping the ball in and either regaining his feet and taking the ball away or dishing it off. However I agree he didn't execute well with this tactic yesterday.
    They've done studies you know, 60% of the time, it works every time!
    Brian Fantana.

4. Likes hujsh liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

1 we come good half way through the second qtr in most games.
    2 i love big timmy he is so good reading the play and he is an amazing inside player for his age and height.
    3 We need Roughy in our team.
    Bring back the biff

Post Thanks / Like

1.We got our game back after quarter time
    2. Dale is going to be a very good player
    3. We had them in total disarray, and could have won by 10 goals

Post Thanks / Like

1. Bailey Dale was more Bont than Bont last night. Reminded us all what kicking to advantage when going inside 50 looks like, and how it results in goals - easy goals, not the snaps in traffic than have comprised our 40% goal kicking accuracy this year. 10 score involvements was just massive. He kept backing himself to break tackles, and just when I thought it would go pear shaped, it didn't. 2 weeks ago I called that he should never play up the ground, I was wrong

2. Stringer is back to his best. Kept us in it when St Kilda were dominating the stats so that we could run away with it when we got in control. He almost made Dickson obsolete with his well-timed leads and accurate conversion

3. Roughead is almost our most important player. He can go to any third of the ground and make things right for us at any stage of the game and whenever we are being dominated somewhere. He won't be obsolete with English & Boyd at their peak
    If you kicked five goals and Tom Boyd kicked five goals, Tom Boyd kicked more goals than you.

Formerly gogriff

Post Thanks / Like

1.Some weeks earlier, after watching Dale in a VFL match and making some less than complimentary comments about his effort, I am glad he has proven me wrong and is now playing the football we all hoped he might....
    2. I believed some weeks ago Dale would likely be an easy delisting decision for the club at the end of 2017 - I can't see that happening now!
    3. I viewed Dale as lacking any 'body' strength after some of his efforts in the VFL earlier in the year, but his ability to stand up in some tackles yesterday have shown I was (pleasantly) deceived!
    Anyone can support a team that is winning, it takes no courage. But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you, that takes a lot of courage, so lets always be behind our boys and girls in red, white and blue.

9. Thanks Insufficient Intent thanked for this post
    Likes bulldogtragic, 1eyedog liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

1) I understand why we tagged Steven yesterday but not Dangerfield or Selwood the week before. Well done to Lachie.
    2) Stringer looked leaner and stronger yesterday and he must have worked hard while injured.
    3) Biggs proved that a couple of good weeks at Footscray can help you when you return to the seniors. Welcome back Biggsy
    Western Bulldogs Football Club "Where it's cool to drool"

Post Thanks / Like

1 Marcus Adams signature is as important as JJ's. His first quarter yesterday was sensational, really kept us in the game when we were poor early.

2 Bailey Dales improved strength is the reason why he can become a good AFL player. His outside game has always been of AFL standard.

3 When Biggs plays like Biggs 2016 , he is far more effective by foot than Suckling. His 30 metre passes aren't far off Daniels.

Post Thanks / Like

1. Roughead in the side gives us a ruck prescene. His marking adds another target. Just feel more confident when his in such an important player for use
    2. When we don't bomb in Long to the forward and lower the eyes to look for a shorter option we hit targets
    . In the first quarter we were just bombing into forward line and i thought same old same old . Turned it Around in the middle of the second quarter
    3. English is very agile for a big guy and he started to get into some of the stoppages in the second half. Good contest against Longer and he would have learnt a few things against a middle of the road Ruck. I wonder if saints are wondering trading like Ngee or Hockey was worth it for McEvoy ?

Post Thanks / Like

1. Lead. Mark. Kick. Forget the contested marks. Give us 2 forwards a game doing this well and we will be dynamite. It's always been the bread and butter of champion forwards.

2. Bailey Dale. For us to go again we need 6 big improvers on last seasons form on the list, while not dropping off much elsewhere. I always thought Jongy would be one. Then hoping a combo of Boyd, McLean, Adams, Daniel, Stringer, Williams, Redpath, Murphy& Cloke. This guy could have a real impact.

3.Dale Morris. I never want to see him out of our side.
    I'm paying money, the girl's happy, she's got no money, I got my rocks off, how good is this...