Thanks Thanks:  15
Likes Likes:  39
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Marcus Adams - 3 year deal!!!

Reported in the Hun - hell yes!!!

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/af...bae0d5d0a2c98d

(Paywalled - title is Marcus Adams signs three-year deal with Western Bulldogs for those who will Google it)
    Western Bulldogs: 2016 Premiers

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Marcus Adams - 3 year deal!!!

Marcus Adams signs three-year deal with Western Bulldogs

WESTERN Bulldogs’ full back Marcus Adams will lead the club’s defence for the next three seasons after finalising a new contract.

The Herald Sun can reveal the 23-year-old has recommitted until the end of 2020 despite briefly considering a move back home to Western Australia late last year.

The strong-bodied defender was a revelation in his first AFL season and quickly emerged as one of the league’s premier stoppers last season.

But a serious foot injury derailed Adams in the second half of the season and sidelined the key pillar for the Dogs’ stunning premiership run.

The 192cm backman has regained full fitness this year and has helped marshal one of the league’s best defensive setups, which has given up more than 100 points only once this season (against Geelong).

Adams has also been swung forward at times, averaging 16 possessions, six marks and one scoring shot over nine games this season.
    The interceptor’s signature was a priority for list guru Jason McCartney in the wake of Joel Hamling’s departure to Fremantle last year.

Gun veteran defender Dale Morris could also be in his final season, underlining the need to safeguard the club’s younger key defensive stocks.

McCartney said Adams was a key player for the Dogs and had shown added versatility at both ends of the ground this season.
    “We believe Marcus has a big future at the Bulldogs, and we’re thrilled to see him extend his contract,” McCartney said.

“We see him as a key pillar of our defensive unit, with his athleticism and intercept marking his standout traits. He is progressing very well.

“Through necessity he has gone forward at times this year and has been a threat, which has added another string to his bow.”

Adams’ deal continues the long list of re-signings at the kennel which has helped bulletproof the Dogs’ young premiership squad.

Speedster Jason Johannisen remains the only young star out of contract beyond this season but talks to lock-in Johannisen to a long-term deal are back on track.
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

Great news.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mofra View Post
    Reported in the Hun - hell yes!!!

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/af...bae0d5d0a2c98d

(Paywalled - title is Marcus Adams signs three-year deal with Western Bulldogs for those who will Google it)
    This article is dated 28 March ?

edit: I was incorrectly referencing an earlier Jon Ralph article on the topic, pre today's signing

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Doc26 View Post
    This article is dated 28 March ?
    Weird, had the other one as well.

Try this: http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/af...bae0d5d0a2c98d
    Western Bulldogs: 2016 Premiers

6. Thanks Doc26 thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

That Boyd deal is killing us.

Three year deal after playing just 20 games. Great effort.
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

8. Likes boydogs, Raw Toast liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Amazing. I thought he was gone TBH.

Happy days.
    The curse is dead.

Post Thanks / Like

I was pretty concerned he'd be out the door too, chef.

Great news - he's had a terrific season to date and if he can tidy up a few brain fades, will be a top 5 key defender in the league soon.

11. Likes chef liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by The Bulldogs Bite View Post
    I was pretty concerned he'd be out the door too, chef.

Great news - he's had a terrific season to date and if he can tidy up a few brain fades, will be a top 5 key defender in the league soon.
    Yeah - At least one brain-fade a game at present. Hopefully he can eliminate it and he can recapture his consistency in his debut rounds last year!

Post Thanks / Like

Great signing.....he's been terrific this season after a slowish start....and there's plenty of improvement in him.
    I thought I was wrong once but I was mistaken.

Post Thanks / Like

Yeah a fantastic result. Not only to sign him but to get him for 3 years.

After the trade period issue where he dropped the bombshell of wanting to go home, I thought his days were numbered and he would only see out his contract. To sign on for 3 years is fantastic as we can't afford to lose another key defender with some size.

Will give me the odd heart attack every game but he's been rock solid for a player with less than 20 games experience.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Cyberdoggie View Post
    Yeah a fantastic result. Not only to sign him but to get him for 3 years.

After the trade period issue where he dropped the bombshell of wanting to go home, I thought his days were numbered and he would only see out his contract. To sign on for 3 years is fantastic as we can't afford to lose another key defender with some size.

Will give me the odd heart attack every game but he's been rock solid for a player with less than 20 games experience.
    I am glad he decided to stay. Maybe the girl he was sitting next to at the GF persuaded him otherwise.

NOW FOR JJ
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

16. Likes Cyberdoggie liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Great result. Adams has become very important for us.

3 year deal is a good sign that he is feeling pretty settled in Melbourne now.

Post Thanks / Like

Good work by all those involved at the club in helping him feel more settled, it's obviously been a big turn around from October.

He's become a vital cog in our team and will only improve. Great news.
    Our 1954 premiership players are our heroes, and it has to be said that Charlie was their hero.

Post Thanks / Like

JMac has been very busy. Obviously JJ is on top of the list, but then there's what to do with Stew, then Redders & Roberts are up and then kids in Dunkley, Dale, Webb & Collins plus fringe kids in Hamilton & Honey. And at the end of the year our 3 vets and rookie listed players. JMac has gone about his business well so far, it'd be interesting to know which other team player managers he's been chatting to around signing up so much talent.
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023