Thanks Thanks:  15
Likes Likes:  39
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Marcus Adams - 3 year deal!!!

Great news , and it's a bit early on Collins .
    Bailey Dale was talked about that way as well. Think we have to be a bit patient with Kieran

Post Thanks / Like

Awesome news, Adams has been super impressive so far in his career. He's already playing quality football, but his ceiling looks very high and he'll continue to get better. Massive signing.
    'And the Western suburbs erupt!'

Post Thanks / Like

I'm very happy with this news. We need a big guy like him down back and swing man capabilities add to his importance to the team.
    http://journals.worldnomads.com/merantau
    "It's not about the destination - it's about the trip."

Post Thanks / Like

Very happy with the 3 years. Marcus shows good signs of a swing man too which can be very effective against certain teams.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mantis View Post
    Great news, that didn't quite make headlines in Radelaide.

Look forward to having my hands over my eyes for the next 3 years!
    Kick it Marcus......and kick it long!
    I thought I was wrong once but I was mistaken.

6. Likes WBFC4FFC liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by always right View Post
    Kick it Marcus......and kick it long!
    It's written into his contract. All good now.
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

Post Thanks / Like

It struck me that at the same time as Hamling leaving, Adams said he wanted to leave but in light of Hamling going he offered to stay. I tdidn’t inspire confidence in his commitment. Now he has signed for three years, that is seriously good. Good key backmen are hard to find and you gotta love the way Marcus goes about it. He is a real presence just jogging off to his position.
    Footscray Football Republic.

Post Thanks / Like

Fantastic news.

Great thing about Adams is his ability to play 100% game time. When he has played as a key defender this year he has never come to the bench.

Post Thanks / Like

Great news. 3 years is a real vote of confidence from both parties.

Post Thanks / Like

Press Conference:

* Very exciting to re-sign, very lucky to get that opportunity

Very happy in Melbourne, tough times last year with injury and family not here, but feeling good and happy in Victoria

* It was tough to miss GF, but also very exciting to be apart of so hopefully we have similar success this year

Few guys that didn't play in GF so desire still there to build, to build a successful environment

* We got pretty good depth & versatility down back, Matty Boyd should be back for Sydney so he'll bring that leadership down back

* Drop games we've liked to have won, but in the games so we have a platform can build off. Besides Saints haven't brought 4 qtrs

* Tame weekend, use opportunity to relax and disengage from footy. Be nice to get a break, few of us have some sore bodies

* It was an impressive debut. As Tim continues to develop, he'll show everyone just how talented he is
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by BornInDroopSt'54 View Post
    It struck me that at the same time as Hamling leaving, Adams said he wanted to leave but in light of Hamling going he offered to stay. I tdidn’t inspire confidence in his commitment. Now he has signed for three years, that is seriously good. Good key backmen are hard to find and you gotta love the way Marcus goes about it. He is a real presence just jogging off to his position.
    He sometimes gets caught out when wrestling one on one but I do love the way he really crashes the packs when spoiling. Has a massive presence which brings the ball to ground for our sweeping defenders.
    I thought I was wrong once but I was mistaken.

Post Thanks / Like

Adams recognised by AFLCA

Despite playing just 10 games in 2017 Western Bulldogs defender Marcus Adams has finished fifth in AFL Coaches Association Best Young Player Award.

The AFLCA Award is presented in recognition of the player who, based on his performance in his first two seasons of AFL Football, deserves to be acknowledged as the Best Young Player.

Melbourne’s Clayton Oliver won the 2017 award from Geelong’s Sam Menegola, Demon Christian Petraccam Bomber Anthony McDonald-Tipungwuti and Adams.

The 24-year-old West Australian arrived at the Bulldogs courtesy of the 35th pick in the 2015 NAB AFL National Draft and has averaged 16 disposals, six marks and three rebound 50s in 21 career games to date.
    Adams signed a three year contract extension in May, keeping him at the club until at least the end of the 2020 season.

Final Leaderboard
    1 Clayton Oliver (Melbourne) 72
    2 Sam Menegola (Geelong) 38
    3 Christian Petracca (Melbourne) 29
    4 Anthony McDonald-Tipungwuti (Essendon) 19
    5 Marcus Adams (Western Bulldogs) 18
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

Adams is a very exciting footballer - his ceiling is huge.

Just need that body to hold up.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post
    Adams recognised by AFLCA

Despite playing just 10 games in 2017 Western Bulldogs defender Marcus Adams has finished fifth in AFL Coaches Association Best Young Player Award.

The AFLCA Award is presented in recognition of the player who, based on his performance in his first two seasons of AFL Football, deserves to be acknowledged as the Best Young Player.

Melbourne’s Clayton Oliver won the 2017 award from Geelong’s Sam Menegola, Demon Christian Petraccam Bomber Anthony McDonald-Tipungwuti and Adams.

The 24-year-old West Australian arrived at the Bulldogs courtesy of the 35th pick in the 2015 NAB AFL National Draft and has averaged 16 disposals, six marks and three rebound 50s in 21 career games to date.
    Adams signed a three year contract extension in May, keeping him at the club until at least the end of the 2020 season.

Final Leaderboard
    1 Clayton Oliver (Melbourne) 72
    2 Sam Menegola (Geelong) 38
    3 Christian Petracca (Melbourne) 29
    4 Anthony McDonald-Tipungwuti (Essendon) 19
    5 Marcus Adams (Western Bulldogs) 18
    That's a very old list of young players - Adams and Tippa are 24, Menegola 25. Should just be called best new player award.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Axe Man View Post
    That's a very old list of young players - Adams and Tippa are 24, Menegola 25. Should just be called best new player award.
    Is there a game limit? None of those guys have played 50 games yet have they?
    They say Burt Lancaster has one, but I don't believe them.