Thanks Thanks:  5
Likes Likes:  41
Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: If J.J. decides to leave how do we deal

Quote Originally Posted by westdog54 View Post
    Combination of players and/or Futures?
    Good call. By the end of the champs we will have had a look at West & Khamis as bottom agers in the best underage footy comp. if West continues on trend (top end) and Khamis starts to look like being ok too, then future/2018 draft points will make life a lot easier next year.
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bulldogtragic View Post
    I personally feel 95% we keep JJ, and therefore aren't in the running to get Fyfe. The above was predicated on him wanting/walking out. To me the delay is about looking at the CBA rise and dealing with a manager, who I won't say anything positive about.
    Quote Originally Posted by bulldogtragic View Post
    I'm pretty confident he's staying, despite him having a manager who appears out of his depth.

That said, I'd target a very good player in a straight swap (plus a pick if it's a good, but lesser player) on their list or target another good player elsewhere (ie Josh Kelly) and look for a three way trade.

I'm pretty confident he will stay too.

Apropos of nothing I saw Jmac on the telecast sitting by himself with a clipboard intently watching the game last night. I wonder if he had a special eye on anyone in particular?
    They say Burt Lancaster has one, but I don't believe them.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Twodogs View Post
    I'm pretty confident he will stay too.

Apropos of nothing I saw Jmac on the telecast sitting by himself with a clipboard intently watching the game last night. I wonder if he had a special eye on anyone in particular?
    The Geelong game?
    Our 1954 premiership players are our heroes, and it has to be said that Charlie was their hero.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by comrade View Post
    The Geelong game?

I'm pretty certain it was the Geelong game. I can't remember 100%. I saw all of both games (I live with a fanatical 18 year old. There's a oral test at the end of each game to make sure I was paying attention, at least I think that's what the barrage of questions is) and they have sort of blended in with each other.

5. Thanks Topdog thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Pretty sure it was the port game . Alzheimer's two?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Remi Moses View Post
    Pretty sure it was the port game . Alzheimer's two?
    More than likely Rem. Now that I think about it Adelaide Oval rings a bell in my memory.

Post Thanks / Like

I believe he will stay just trying to get as much as possible after the CBA is decided. You can bet his manager is telling him to hold out for more. The reality is players can always get more at another club if that's what they want. To be in a strong team playing finals you have to play for less that's how hawks and Brisbane made it for so long at the top. I have noticed he is going hard for the Brownlow as well with the hairdo.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by S Coast Simon View Post
    I believe he will stay just trying to get as much as possible after the CBA is decided. You can bet his manager is telling him to hold out for more. The reality is players can always get more at another club if that's what they want. To be in a strong team playing finals you have to play for less that's how hawks and Brisbane made it for so long at the top. I have noticed he is going hard for the Brownlow as well with the hairdo.
    A lot's changed in the most recent few years in terms of player attitudes to moving. Ourselves and GWS will have a massive fight on our hands to counter the change towards player empowerment. I reckon he's playing elsewhere next year.
    Nobody's looking for a puppeteer in today's wintry economic climate.

Post Thanks / Like

After last years fire sale on many players how do we accurately calculate JJ's value?
    For example last year Hamling essentially went for pick 35

I know we all rate JJ highly and I don't want to lose him but unless there is a bidding war with a couple of club we could have limited options. I also feel that the AFL world is changing with players chasing money harder than before making it harder to achieve win win outcomes.

I we were to lose him I think he is a genuine first round draft pick player. I also feel there should be something else coming back to us but after last year, it's very hard to gauge what should be market value.
    Western Bulldogs Football Club "Where it's cool to drool"

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by GVGjr View Post
    After last years fire sale on many players how do we accurately calculate JJ's value?
    For example last year Hamling essentially went for pick 35

I know we all rate JJ highly and I don't want to lose him but unless there is a bidding war with a couple of club we could have limited options. I also feel that the AFL world is changing with players chasing money harder than before making it harder to achieve win win outcomes.

I we were to lose him I think he is a genuine first round draft pick player. I also feel there should be something else coming back to us but after last year, it's very hard to gauge what should be market value.
    The best outcome for us would be for a few clubs to be involved and I think this is likely given his skill set. Essendon, West Choke and someone else going all in would be juicy.

Given the cash that is / will be put in front him prior to him making a decision I will say he'd be mad not to go. Especially if we win the flag again. If he helps us win another one this year I won't be too fussed.
    But then again, I'm an Internet poster and Bevo is a premiership coach so draw your own conclusions.

Post Thanks / Like

Is there ever really a bidding war these days? It's not like buying a house, because the house can't nominate and say 'I only want to be purchased by that person'. Players can and do, all the time. And once they nominate a club, the value diminishes. It's a broken part of the player movement system.
    Our 1954 premiership players are our heroes, and it has to be said that Charlie was their hero.

13. Likes boydogs liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by comrade View Post
    Is there ever really a bidding war these days? It's not like buying a house, because the house can't nominate and say 'I only want to be purchased by that person'. Players can and do, all the time. And once they nominate a club, the value diminishes. It's a broken part of the player movement system.
    It depends on if he's considered in the camp of Treloar, OMeara quality (2 great picks) or rather Tom Mitchell, Prestia, McCarthy Henderson or any of the Brisbane top draftees who quit (1st rounder). We can still get ok value, it's a matter of having multiple options for us to pull the trigger on. Be it a three club trade, or a first rounder or upgrade plus second rounder and then packaging them up to aggressively pursue numerous trade targets. I want and think he will stay, but if he leaves it should open up some exciting options for us.
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Twodogs View Post
    Id rather keep JJ than get Fyfe.
    I wouldn't no way!
    But then again, I'm an Internet poster and Bevo is a premiership coach so draw your own conclusions.

Post Thanks / Like

Operation keep JJ

If he decides to leave we better get a good deal. JJ is highly valued now.
    "Footscray people are incredible people; so humble. I'm just so happy - ecstatic"

Post Thanks / Like

Is there a greater medal than a norm smith medal. I personally think it would be the be better than a Brownlow as it is usually given to a premiership winning player. If you are going to poach a norm smith medalist you would surely have to pay big time. I don't think he is going just his manager going for the throat