Thanks Thanks:  5
Likes Likes:  41
Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: If J.J. decides to leave how do we deal

Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post
    Can we deal with GWS for Josh Kelly and they can have JJ? *!BT what do we need to do here?
    I love how when any poster has a trade thought our first thought is to ask BT how to get it done!!
    More of an In Bruges guy?

2. Likes bulldogtragic liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

BT I'd prefer Hamling back over Fyfe.
    More of an In Bruges guy?

Post Thanks / Like

Ah no.
    But then again, I'm an Internet poster and Bevo is a premiership coach so draw your own conclusions.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by azabob View Post
    Yep. Me too.
    They say Burt Lancaster has one, but I don't believe them.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by azabob View Post
    Imagine Fyfe in the engine room with The Bont, Libba, Wallis, Dahl - wow
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

7. Likes 1eyedog liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I hope we're looking at Kelly . Not sure on Fyfe , reckon he's past his best ( the injuries have hurt him)
    Lever also, let's reach for the stars .

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Remi Moses View Post
    I hope we're looking at Kelly . Not sure on Fyfe , reckon he's past his best ( the injuries have hurt him)
    Lever also, let's reach for the stars .
    Ridiculous he's 25.

Saying you'd have Hamling over Fyfe is crazy. Fyfe could go back and absolutely dominate to a level Hamling could only dream of.
    But then again, I'm an Internet poster and Bevo is a premiership coach so draw your own conclusions.

10. Likes bornadog, bulldogtragic liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by 1eyedog View Post
    Ridiculous he's 25.

Saying you'd have Hamling over Fyfe is crazy. Fyfe could go back and absolutely dominate to a level Hamling could only dream of.
    It'd be a no brainer. And for no loss of player or draft picks. Add in good JJ trade return, 'if' he quits and we could net two genuine A grade mids (Fyfe via FA and one via trading of top picks) and using free agency to help us down back (McKenzie, Hansen, Reid, Schoenmakers, Trengrove etc). Then hope an effective small like Devon Smith could be prised away would be one hell of a trade period, and would have us premiership favourites. This is the year to go hard, because next year West & Khamis are up possibly draining our draft. The year after is Liberatore & Kellett. Again possibly draining our draft or ensuring we can't really trade high picks. It also could mean getting higher talent than we should be entitled to without FS/Academy, to top us up with talent.

If JJ's manager wants to make an impact in the industry, a good way would be working with Freo & Dogs on JJ for picks/player and bringing the parties together to also get Fyfe to the Dogs while he's in between the two clubs.
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

12. Likes 1eyedog liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Ridiculous he's 25.

Kelvin Templeton was finished long before he was 25 and he was ten times the player Fyfe was. I'm very hesitant about paying a motza for a player who's had a couple of major leg injuries.

14. Likes azabob liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Twodogs View Post
    Kelvin Templeton was finished long before he was 25 and he was ten times the player Fyfe was. I'm very hesitant about paying a motza for a player who's had a couple of major leg injuries.
    Unfortunately most AFL players have had injuries and doing a knee in 1982 is waaaay different than fracturing your leg in 2016. The possible return far outweighs the potential risk for mine. It outweighs it by a long way.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Twodogs View Post
    No doubt if Kelvin was playing these days and sustained injuries he would be back just as good as ever.

Don't forget Stringer and Morris have had horrific leg breaks, as has Wallis and they go all right.
    Last edited by bornadog; 22-06-2017 at 04:42 PM. Reason: typo
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

Ridiculous he's 25.

Not ridiculous given how many times he's been injured and the severity of his injuries .Id take Fyfe over Hamling ,but pointing out we may not get the output for money paid

Post Thanks / Like

I have heard that Fyfe is a bit high maintenance too. Everything tends to be about him which is stock standard for an elite sportsperson but a few different people have told me things that take it to a new level.

Post Thanks / Like

I'd do whatever I could to prize Jack Billings away from St Kilda. He's the uncontracted player I would be putting my focus on as we need forward and midfield class.

We're not going to get like for like with JJ, so we may as well look to the future and fix a genuine list issue.
    Nobody's looking for a puppeteer in today's wintry economic climate.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jeemak View Post
    I'd do whatever I could to prize Jack Billings away from St Kilda. He's the uncontracted player I would be putting my focus on as we need forward and midfield class.

We're not going to get like for like with JJ, so we may as well look to the future and fix a genuine list issue.
    There's a good one. We need a player exactly like Billings. A bit of class from a small forward. Sadly it sounds like he's all but signed on with the saints.