Thanks Thanks:  3
Likes Likes:  14
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: AFL Round 11, 2017 Discussion

Was the $100,000,000 for the grandstand or for buying off the umpires towards another premiership?
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

Post Thanks / Like

Geelong all over them , and crows can't get their game going .
    Coward effort from Hawkins

Post Thanks / Like

I'm happy for the fawning and publicity to be on a few teams who will in all likelihood finish two games clear of us on the ladder even if we play well for the remainder of the year. Two or three less wins don't mean much to AFL teams, but they mean a lot to the media.

It will be interesting to see if the amazing Geelong form will carry into games not played at their home ground.
    Nobody's looking for a puppeteer in today's wintry economic climate.

Post Thanks / Like

How bad is the commentary now ? Bruce, Ling and Carey wow ! Could you get anymore bias and self indulgent ? They must have all said "great call" to each other 50 times.
    Bring back the biff

Post Thanks / Like

Apparently Lingy loves the cats !
    Hmmmm, never have guessed . Some paint brush left on the ground , or something BT was banging on about .
    Crows were just murdered around the contest, and I've got my doubts on their flag favouritism

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Remi Moses View Post
    Apparently Lingy loves the cats !
    Hmmmm, never have guessed . Some paint brush left on the ground , or something BT was banging on about .
    Crows were just murdered around the contest, and I've got my doubts on their flag favouritism
    As I said above, happy for everyone to fawn over anyone but us. GWS is the real deal, Geelong is scratchy away from home as is Adelaide. If we can find ourselves in the mix with these three teams at the end of the home and away season and we're healthy we'll be a great chance.

It seems this is one of those years where the quality of the competition is even and pretty good, but there's no real standout to the half way mark that is head and shoulders above the rest.

Presently we're the only club in the league that has won a premiership without being a real standout in recent times. That comforts me.
    Nobody's looking for a puppeteer in today's wintry economic climate.

Post Thanks / Like

Geelong all over them , and crows can't get their game going .
    Coward effort from Hawkins
    On the standard being set this season so far he won't be suspended. Very little force and only just clipped his chin.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by westdog54 View Post
    On the standard being set this season so far he won't be suspended. Very little force and only just clipped his chin.
    With the umpire 2 metres away looking at it, he probably gets off because he didn't even pay a free kick.

On the other hand, how the hell did the umpire not pay a free kick?!?
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

Post Thanks / Like

Watching the Suns game now and I'm certain that I have no interest in us picking up Ablett. He just hangs around the outside of contests now waiting for someone to give him the ball, and refuses to play on anyone's terms but his own. It's infuriating to watch.
    - I'm a visionary - Only here to confirm my biases -

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Happy Days View Post
    Watching the Suns game now and I'm certain that I have no interest in us picking up Ablett. He just hangs around the outside of contests now waiting for someone to give him the ball, and refuses to play on anyone's terms but his own. It's infuriating to watch.
    He's not required in the middle with us. I'd give him 2 years and plonk him in a forward pocket and get a big bucket of popcorn.
    But then again, I'm an Internet poster and Bevo is a premiership coach so draw your own conclusions.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by 1eyedog View Post
    He's not required in the middle with us. I'd give him 2 years and plonk him in a forward pocket and get a big bucket of popcorn.
    But what if someone else has the ball and he has to tackle them? Don't think he'd be too interested.
    - I'm a visionary - Only here to confirm my biases -

Post Thanks / Like

Ablett appears to be in sulk-mode until he gets his wish, which isn't coming to us. A firm nothanks, it'd be Aker all over again, we're not that club any more.

Anyway, Suns look like they might do us a favour and knock the Eagles over.
    BORDERLINE FLYING

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by westdog54 View Post
    Probably right , but the afl has to rid this rubbish

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by soupaman View Post
    Haven't seen a lot of him but would someone like Jarman Impey have an interest for us? Could serve as the pacy small forward applying pressure. Pittard as a free agent is the other one I think might hold some interest for us.
    Yes please

Gee Gunston's been ordinary, but when a team slides some can't carry the extra load .
    I'd have him. He can kick for a start.

Quote Originally Posted by Flamethrower View Post
    I thought the rugby league was at AAMI Park earlier today - watching the Cats throw the ball around is like watching a Cooper Cronk or Johnathan Thurston highlights tape.
    Cronk and Thurstons are both better kicks than most Geelong players.

Quote Originally Posted by jeemak View Post
    I'm happy for the fawning and publicity to be on a few teams who will in all likelihood finish two games clear of us on the ladder even if we play well for the remainder of the year. Two or three less wins don't mean much to AFL teams, but they mean a lot to the media.

It will be interesting to see if the amazing Geelong form will carry into games not played at their home ground.
    Yup.

Quote Originally Posted by ledge View Post
    How bad is the commentary now ? Bruce, Ling and Carey wow ! Could you get anymore bias and self indulgent ? They must have all said "great call" to each other 50 times.
    And they ask each other questions and the first thing the answerer says is "great question". Every question can't be a great question.

You never hear them say "that's a weird question, Bruce!" or "'the way you are talking about Cyril is starting to make me feel uncomfortable Bruce" do they?
    They say Burt Lancaster has one, but I don't believe them.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Happy Days View Post
    But what if someone else has the ball and he has to tackle them? Don't think he'd be too interested.
    Not a bad 3rd quarter

'Gary Ablett led from the front in the third term with 13 disposals at 85 per cent efficiency, four contested possessions, three inside 50s, two score assists. He has 31 disposals at 84 per cent efficiency and 12 contested possessions for the match'
    But then again, I'm an Internet poster and Bevo is a premiership coach so draw your own conclusions.