Thanks Thanks:  3
Likes Likes:  14
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: AFL Round 11, 2017 Discussion

Watching the Freo Collingwood match and my inner hatred of Collingwood wants Freo to win bit we need Collingwood to win to maintain ladder position. I'm torn.
    They've done studies you know, 60% of the time, it works every time!
    Brian Fantana.

Post Thanks / Like

Is Taberner the worst player on the comp? Can't think of anyone else quite as useless.
    "Look at me mate. Look at me. I'm flyin'"

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Sedat View Post
    Is Taberner the worst player on the comp? Can't think of anyone else quite as useless.
    Liam Jones says Hi.
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bulldogtragic View Post
    Liam Jones says Hi.
    Todd Elton in the frame as well. Detecting a theme here - the shit useless 2nd tall forward.

Post Thanks / Like

Maybe Buckley eck's another year as coach???
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

Post Thanks / Like

Good win by the pies , and freo have hit the wall .
    Pies dominated and should have won by more , and Wells looking like money well sprnt

Post Thanks / Like

Maybe Buckley eck's another year as coach???
    To be fair he coached the pants off Ross Lyon today - they sliced through the Freo press with monotonous regularity and ease.

Post Thanks / Like

To be fair he coached the pants off Ross Lyon today - they sliced through the Freo press with monotonous regularity and ease.
    It would be a great eck considering he was all but sacked at 1/2 time against the Hawks.

Post Thanks / Like

Liam Jones says Hi.
    Todd Elton in the frame as well. Detecting a theme here - the shit useless 2nd tall forward.

Ty Vickery is waving. Then he dropped a simple chest mark and fell over in the ensuing contest.
    They say Burt Lancaster has one, but I don't believe them.

10. Likes Sedat, Dry Rot, Topdog liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Twodogs View Post
    Ty Vickery is waving. Then he dropped a simple chest mark and fell over in the ensuing contest.
    To be fair, the $1,000,000 Hawthorn gave him has impacted his wallet, and now he's got a problem in his running gait from carrying all that cash. Not a problem for Lewis or Mitchell though.

Broadly, it's interesting that there's only two teams over 117.7% currently. Last year it seemed a lot more teams at this point in time.

Post Thanks / Like

To be fair, the $1,000,000 Hawthorn gave him has impacted his wallet, and now he's got a problem in his running gait from carrying all that cash. Not a problem for Lewis or Mitchell though.

Broadly, it's interesting that there's only two teams over 117.7% currently. Last year it seemed a lot more teams at this point in time.
    They have all those premiership medals to weigh them down.

Post Thanks / Like

Last year the bottom teams were much worse (EG Essendon) so plenty of clubs could fill their boots. This year everyone is a chance to win if you're off and they're on. Hell the bottom 4 has Sydney, Hawthorn and Carlton who I didn't think were as low as they are.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Rocket Science View Post
    Given he made the trek it might suggest the target of interest is from Port rather than Hawthorn.

Buggered if I can deduce any logical targets though. At least anyone they'd be prepared to send to a premiership rival.

Rather be completely wrong if it's Gunston.
    It could be that he was in SA for the weekend watching/interviewing kids and took the opportunity to catch the game and generally look at some players rather than going specifically for that game.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by divvydan View Post
    It could be that he was in SA for the weekend watching/interviewing kids and took the opportunity to catch the game and generally look at some players rather than going specifically for that game.
    Not sure on who does what, but would think the watching & interviewing of kids would be work for the recruiting team (Dalrymple & co.) whereas the list manager (JMac) would be looking at already established players.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mantis View Post
    Not sure on who does what, but would think the watching & interviewing of kids would be work for the recruiting team (Dalrymple & co.) whereas the list manager (JMac) would be looking at already established players.
    That's what I would have thought too. Jmac would have been there watching established players, hopefully one of them was Jackson Trengove.