Thanks Thanks:  10
Likes Likes:  53
Page 12 of 15 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112131415 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Match Committee - Round 17, 2017 vs Carlton

Not sure where to put this but ill post it here but was wondering what end our cheer squad will be sitting on Sunday at the G. I couldn't really finding much ticketing information. Im assuming the GA areas on Level 1 would be at the end nearer our cheer squad.
    "Footscray people are incredible people; so humble. I'm just so happy - ecstatic"

Post Thanks / Like

Hamilton's form has been really good through the middle part of the year. Gets to the right places and has been hitting the scoreboard. May be a late bloomer which is why we have persisted. Hoping its a stroke of genius. Hope he gets a run.
    But then again, I'm an Internet poster and Bevo is a premiership coach so draw your own conclusions.

Post Thanks / Like

Be surprised if Hamilton played as generally they announce the debuts like we did with Young.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Rocco Jones View Post
    Clay, Fletch and Honey just offer nothing at the moment (sadly for Honey, full stop).
    Clay and Honeychurch have offered very little. Happy to see Fletcher retained.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Nuggety Back Pocket View Post
    Clay and Honeychurch have offered very little. Happy to see Fletcher retained.
    I just don't get what Fletch offers us. He is completely lost one on one and isn't mobile.

6. Thanks westbulldog thanked for this post
    Likes Mantis liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

One thing I wouldn't mind seeing is Fletch play a bit more a swingman role. Maybe even offer relief in the ruck? Honeychurch cannot play, I think Hamilton should really be more dominant at VFL level before he gets a game and Dickson coming straight back in probably goes against the reason we dropped him.

Post Thanks / Like

Have thought it for awhile Fletch should play forward/ruck. He has great skills and a beautiful kick when he has time. Can take a grab, it can't hurt to try. Imagine he turned out a ruckman with his skills to go with it. Can't hurt us to try he is unfortunately to slow for defence. The game is very very quick these days

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Eastdog View Post
    Not sure where to put this but ill post it here but was wondering what end our cheer squad will be sitting on Sunday at the G. I couldn't really finding much ticketing information. Im assuming the GA areas on Level 1 would be at the end nearer our cheer squad.
    M33 - Ponsford Stand
    For those who were always the underdogs and wore it as a badge of honour.

Post Thanks / Like

One thing I wouldn't mind seeing is Fletch play a bit more a swingman role. Maybe even offer relief in the ruck? Honeychurch cannot play, I think Hamilton should really be more dominant at VFL level before he gets a game and Dickson coming straight back in probably goes against the reason we dropped him.
    I've wondered about Roberts being played forward and even with a bit of a stint in the ruck. I like him as a player but tend to think he's more of a defender.
    Western Bulldogs Football Club "Where it's cool to drool"

Post Thanks / Like

...I think Hamilton should really be more dominant at VFL level before he gets a game...
    Yeah but Rocco, he has been on the list for 3x years and hasn't played. Surely we have to at least put him in a game and find out if he is actually any good or not??? Setting aside coaching time he would have cost the club around $300K in the last 3-years and hasn't even played...aren't we obligated to find out if he is any good or not?

I know everyone is saying players need to earn their spots etc but I still think there comes a point where these draftees have to get a game so we can actually figure out if they can play. Remember, every time he hasn't been picked over the past few years it is the equivalent of the MC telling him he isn't good enough...maybe what he needs is the positive reinforcement that comes from just getting a game!

If Hamilton plays I for one will be very happy.
    What should I tell her? She's going to ask.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by mjp View Post
    Yeah but Rocco, he has been on the list for 3x years and hasn't played. Surely we have to at least put him in a game and find out if he is actually any good or not??? Setting aside coaching time he would have cost the club around $300K in the last 3-years and hasn't even played...aren't we obligated to find out if he is any good or not?

I know everyone is saying players need to earn their spots etc but I still think there comes a point where these draftees have to get a game so we can actually figure out if they can play. Remember, every time he hasn't been picked over the past few years it is the equivalent of the MC telling him he isn't good enough...maybe what he needs is the positive reinforcement that comes from just getting a game!

If Hamilton plays I for one will be very happy.
    That's fine but he has been playing against men for the past three years and has been ok occasionally at best. He certainly hasn't demanded a spot but given the run of form of some players he finds himself in a position with an opportunity. In his favour we have been good (up until now) for those three years he's been on the list and a spot in the team has been a hard nut to crack. I'm looking forward to seeing him play too. He has Jarman blood and may just be within that small percentage of players who step up to the plate on the big stage.
    But then again, I'm an Internet poster and Bevo is a premiership coach so draw your own conclusions.

Post Thanks / Like

I'm all for Hamilton getting a game.

I believe Beveridge has a philosophy that as long as they believe a player has talent (which they should if he is on he list) and that player puts in then they will get an opportunity to show if they can cut it at the level before we delist them.

He has shown that he is willing to give players that chance, the only delisting I can think of off the top of my head that was never given an opportunity was Fuller and considering he averaged about 4 touches at VFL level I think that was justified. Cordy had his chance, Darley and Prudden were rotated through, Honeychurch just had his opportunity.

I think Hamilton will get 3 weeks to demonstrate if he is capable at the level and allow us to make an informed decision at the end of the year. I am fine with that, especially considering he has attributes that our side lacks (composure and smarts).
    I should leave it alone but you're not right

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by S Coast Simon View Post
    Have thought it for awhile Fletch should play forward/ruck. He has great skills and a beautiful kick when he has time. Can take a grab, it can't hurt to try. Imagine he turned out a ruckman with his skills to go with it. Can't hurt us to try he is unfortunately to slow for defence. The game is very very quick these days
    He doesn't get separation on his opponent as a forward and at 90kgs or so gets monstered in the ruck.

He's not as bad a defender as reputation suggests, and a worse ruck or forward than many hope.
    Western Bulldogs: 2016 Premiers

Post Thanks / Like

Just catching up with this thread, so forgive the back-track.

Re the (ridiculous) Easton Wood "hit" -- could we please not use the term 'love tap'? It's a small thing but using this kind of language does help to normalise domestic violence. Don't want to sound like a wowser but it is something that really bothers me. Cheers.

16. Likes bornadog, The bulldog tragician liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mofra View Post
    He doesn't get separation on his opponent as a forward and at 90kgs or so gets monstered in the ruck.

He's not as bad a defender as reputation suggests, and a worse ruck or forward than many hope.
    Agree. Roberts is a role player who with the right matchup can nullify his opponent as long as our defensive zone is working well. We've all seen him struggle when one out in space.
    I thought I was wrong once but I was mistaken.