Thanks Thanks:  10
Likes Likes:  53
Page 13 of 15 FirstFirst ... 3456789101112131415 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Match Committee - Round 17, 2017 vs Carlton

Quote Originally Posted by mjp View Post
    Yeah but Rocco, he has been on the list for 3x years and hasn't played. Surely we have to at least put him in a game and find out if he is actually any good or not??? Setting aside coaching time he would have cost the club around $300K in the last 3-years and hasn't even played...aren't we obligated to find out if he is any good or not?

I know everyone is saying players need to earn their spots etc but I still think there comes a point where these draftees have to get a game so we can actually figure out if they can play. Remember, every time he hasn't been picked over the past few years it is the equivalent of the MC telling him he isn't good enough...maybe what he needs is the positive reinforcement that comes from just getting a game!

If Hamilton plays I for one will be very happy.
    I am hearing what you are saying, just the balance between that and winning. The dilemma of struggling and needing to win each week to make the finals. Easier when things are flying or you're so far out of contention you can just blood kids. The issue with Hamilton is he is an outside guy who often doesn't get near it at even VFL level. Worried about him being an absolute passenger if he gets a game. I guess thing is, we have had them anyway.

We simply cannot play Honeychurch again. I have reservations about playing Dickson, Roberts and Hamilton. We need to play one of them.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Murphy'sLore View Post
    Just catching up with this thread, so forgive the back-track.

Re the (ridiculous) Easton Wood "hit" -- could we please not use the term 'love tap'? It's a small thing but using this kind of language does help to normalise domestic violence. Don't want to sound like a wowser but it is something that really bothers me. Cheers.
    "Love tap" is a term that should not be used. To associate any act of violence with love is wrong and dangerous. To justify an act of violence as one of love is perverse.
    It is better to say the act was not intended to hurt or was without malice etc
    Footscray Football Republic.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by BornInDroopSt'54 View Post
    "Love tap" is a term that should not be used. To associate any act of violence with love is wrong and dangerous. To justify an act of violence as one of love is perverse.
    It is better to say the act was not intended to hurt or was without malice etc
    Agree with both of you. This 'innocent' language is harmful.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Rocco Jones View Post
    I am hearing what you are saying, just the balance between that and winning. The dilemma of struggling and needing to win each week to make the finals. Easier when things are flying or you're so far out of contention you can just blood kids. The issue with Hamilton is he is an outside guy who often doesn't get near it at even VFL level. Worried about him being an absolute passenger if he gets a game. I guess thing is, we have had them anyway.

We simply cannot play Honeychurch again. I have reservations about playing Dickson, Roberts and Hamilton. We need to play one of them.
    And I get that - but our fate lies with our supposed best players playing well, not on whether or not the bottom 3 or 4 in the squad are world beaters.
    What should I tell her? She's going to ask.

Post Thanks / Like

And I get that - but our fate lies with our supposed best players playing well, not on whether or not the bottom 3 or 4 in the squad are world beaters.
    Absolutely. Thing is, our bottom 3 aren't doing much anyway. I guess Hamilton is a bigger risk than average kid of having zero impact. I agree we need to give him a game sometime. I think next week in Cairns looks as uncontested as a game might get. Maybe then?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Rocco Jones View Post
    Absolutely. Thing is, our bottom 3 aren't doing much anyway. I guess Hamilton is a bigger risk than average kid of having zero impact. I agree we need to give him a game sometime. I think next week in Cairns looks as uncontested as a game might get. Maybe then?
    Just checked with Stevo on twitter and he said Hamilton won't be playing.
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

Dickson coming into the squad means he will play for mine.

I get the feeling he will have a job to do on Docherty. Similar to the Heath Shaw role in the prelim.

I think Honeychurch, Hamilton & Roberts will miss.

Final Interchange - Libba, Daniel, Williams & Dickson

Post Thanks / Like

Final Team

Int; Liberatore Honeychurch Willliams Daniel

Em; Roberts Hamilton Dickson

In: Murphy Biggs Williams Young

Out MBoyd Wood Roberts Smith

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

Carlton's changes:

A Silvagni, Buckley, Boekhorst, Graham, Byrne in for White, Cripps, Cuningham, Sheehan, Macreadie.

Post Thanks / Like

Full back D Morris Z Cordy J Johannisen
    Half back S Biggs L Young M Suckling
    Centreline L Hunter M Wallis R Murphy
    Half forward T McLean J Stringer L Dahlhaus
    Full forward B Dale J Redpath L Picken
    Followers J Roughead M Bontempelli J Macrae
    Interchange T Liberatore M Honeychurch B Williams
    C Daniel
    Emergencies F Roberts D Hamilton T Dickson
    IN: R. Murphy. S. Biggs, B. Williams, L. Young
    OUT: M. Boyd (achilles), E. Wood (suspension), F. Roberts (omitted), C. Smith (omitted)

Post Thanks / Like

I want to see Redpath kick 5 on Jones and smash him.

Post Thanks / Like

How is Honeychurch still in this side?

... I'm tipping Carltank.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by The Bulldogs Bite View Post
    How is Honeychurch still in this side?

... I'm tipping Carltank.
    He's been awful. He's been a liability, a small forward who hasn't kicked goals or added a damn thing. Players picked on good performance my arse.
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bulldogtragic View Post
    He's been awful. He's been a liability, a small forward who hasn't kicked goals or added a damn thing. Players picked on good performance my arse.
    On Fox last night they highlighted an instance where he showed a complete lack of effort in the Adelaide game. If he's not bringing intensity and pressure what is he in the side for? Certainly not his physical attributes or skills. Has to be his last chance, hopefully he can prove us all wrong.

15. Likes kruder liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Axe Man View Post
    On Fox last night they highlighted an instance where he showed a complete lack of effort in the Adelaide game. If he's not bringing intensity and pressure what is he in the side for? Certainly not his physical attributes or skills. Has to be his last chance, hopefully he can prove us all wrong.
    Move him to full back and see if he can pull a 'Liam Jones'.
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023