Thanks Thanks:  10
Likes Likes:  53
Page 4 of 15 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Match Committee - Round 17, 2017 vs Carlton

Quote Originally Posted by Cyberdoggie View Post
    Yeah we can't just merry go round players, that is not the solution, as there is a much bigger problem here.

One or two players under performing in a game isn't the cause or fix. How does these premiership players all of a sudden perform so far below what we saw last year?

Missing easy goals, fumbles, turnovers, slow ball movement, indirect play, bombing the ball to contested packs, inability to take a contested mark, handballing to players under pressure and not taking the game on, players getting tagged out of the game too easily.
    Lack of fight and hardness at the ball.

This isn't personnel it's something else, lack of confidence, whatever. Merry go rounding players in and out of the side isn't going to restore confidence at this point. I do agree on the few changes, we need another tall defender to help Roberts, Roughead needs to be dropped (but there isn't really a replacement unfortunately), and Honey just isn't up to the level. Williams needs to come in and help generate some run or more direct play from half back.
    Take the game on at all costs type play. Only way out of this slump.
    Yep. The personnel is there. It won us a flag! These guys are extremely capable. Something else is up (there is another thread on this). Whether it's a hangover, lack of confidence (how that happens so quickly to the premiers is beyond me) or something else going on, it's as though the Nerdlucks have infiltrated our playing group. Hopefully it isn't permanent and they can regain it. Else we have to cut through the list again.

Post Thanks / Like

Webb has not played to his potential in the games he's played at the higher level. Maybe he;s too aware and anxious. A good run at it will see he is a better player than he has yet shown. Too early to play the kids just yet. Look how the Swans have turned shocking form into good form. Although our last game was a shocker, we have winnable games coming up. Bevo does look a bit embarrassed lately but if we can only beat Carlton this week then take it from there.
    Footscray Football Republic.

Post Thanks / Like

Easton Wood has just been handed a one match suspension. That's all we need!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by angelopetraglia View Post
    Easton Wood has just been handed a one match suspension. That's all we need!
    It's not like he is in ripping form.. Just tops off a poor season for him.

I take it is for the jumper punch on McGovern? Wasn't a lot in it, but the precedence has been set.

Post Thanks / Like

It was Wood's third classified offence of the season, so it's a week instead of being a fine.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by divvydan View Post
    It was Wood's third classified offence of the season, so it's a week instead of being a fine.
    Really stupid stuff from the acting captain. Probably letting his frustration with the team and his own form get the better of him.

Post Thanks / Like

That Wood suspension seems like it's been coming for weeks.
    - I'm a visionary - Only here to confirm my biases -

Post Thanks / Like

Wood out will give Young a go.
    Don't piss off old people
    The older we get the less "LIFE IN PRISON" is a deterrent...

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Axe Man View Post
    Really stupid stuff from the acting captain. Probably letting his frustration with the team and his own form get the better of him.
    I suggest you haven't even seen it. I just watched it on the news and it was an open hand to McGivern's back with negligible force in response to McGovern giving him a light forearm to the chest.

Really hope the club challenges the decision considering JJ has copped more than this multiple times over recent weeks. Such a bullshit decision.
    I thought I was wrong once but I was mistaken.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mantis View Post
    It's not like he is in ripping form.. Just tops off a poor season for him.

I take it is for the jumper punch on McGovern? Wasn't a lot in it, but the precedence has been set.
    No jumper punch. Slight contact to McGovern's lower back with an open hand. Bullshit.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by always right View Post
    I suggest you haven't even seen it. I just watched it on the news and it was an open hand to McGivern's back with negligible force in response to McGovern giving him a light forearm to the chest.

Really hope the club challenges the decision considering JJ has copped more than this multiple times over recent weeks. Such a bullshit decision.
    What's the risk of challenging? Seems like it is just one week either way, so might as well go for it.

12. Likes always right liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Wood has forgotten how to mark the ball,there has been so many times where he has failed to impact the contest it has really hurt our defence/attack this year. He would be one player that would benefit going back to the VFL to gain some confidence.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by kruder View Post
    Wood has forgotten how to mark the ball,there has been so many times where he has failed to impact the contest it has really hurt our defence/attack this year. He would be one player that would benefit going back to the VFL to gain some confidence.
    Disagree......his last two weeks have been poor but his month prior to that were really strong. Yes his intercept marking is down this year but he still manages to impact contests he has no right to even reach. There are bigger problems than our premiership captain.

Post Thanks / Like

Where has Easton Wood's AA form gone? In 2015 he was literally Superman. Any ball kicked anywhere near him and you knew he was going to mark it or kill the contest.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by angelopetraglia View Post
    Where has Easton Wood's AA form gone? In 2015 he was literally Superman. Any ball kicked anywhere near him and you knew he was going to mark it or kill the contest.
    He's getting blocked every week from taking a leap. Watch Sloane last week stand in between him and the ball, leaving their big guys take marks unopposed(well against Fletcher Roberts or out wrestling Zaine).
    "I'll give him a hug before the first bounce and then I'll run into my pack and give them orders to rip him apart."