Thanks Thanks:  10
Likes Likes:  53
Page 5 of 15 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Match Committee - Round 17, 2017 vs Carlton

Quote Originally Posted by angelopetraglia View Post
    Where has Easton Wood's AA form gone? In 2015 he was literally Superman. Any ball kicked anywhere near him and you knew he was going to mark it or kill the contest.
    Where has Picken's 2016 finals form gone?
    Libba used to be a top 30 midfielder.
    JJ is a Norm Smith medallist.
    Dahlhaus was being talked about as a seriously under rated elite midfielder.
    Tory Dickson was one of the most dangerous small forwards in the game.
    Bont used to kick goals without even thinking.

What a horrible year.
    Last edited by always right; 10-07-2017 at 11:06 PM. Reason: Brain fart
    I thought I was wrong once but I was mistaken.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by angelopetraglia View Post
    Where has Easton Wood's AA form gone? In 2015 he was literally Superman. Any ball kicked anywhere near him and you knew he was going to mark it or kill the contest.
    Yeah he is a very important player. Hasn't been there all this year but in certain games this year I reckon he has done alright. I recall this year giving him some votes in the Woof player awards.
    "Footscray people are incredible people; so humble. I'm just so happy - ecstatic"

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by always right View Post
    Where has Picken's 2016 finals form gone?
    Libba used to be a top 30 midfielder.
    JJ is a Norm Smith medallist.
    Dahlhaus was being talked about as a seriously under rated elite midfielder.
    Tory Dickson was one of the most dangerous small forwards in the game.
    Bong used to kick goals without even thinking.

What a horrible year.
    All went downhill after his stupid name change.

4. Thanks chef thanked for this post
    Likes The bulldog tragician, Mofra liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Cyberdoggie View Post
    Take the game on at all costs type play. Only way out of this slump.
    Agree with you there. I would like to see chains of handballs out of defense leading to long kicks down the corridor to an open forward line
    If you kicked five goals and Tom Boyd kicked five goals, Tom Boyd kicked more goals than you.

Formerly gogriff

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mantis View Post
    Wow, where do we start??

I would love to give Webb a solid run at it, much like HC has just had, but in looking at his AFL games over the past 2 years I'm not sure we bother.. In this period he is yet to have more than 8 kicks in a game and when his only AFL asset if his left leg it isn't really good enough.

Hard to know if the recently injured will re-appear, but assuming Biggs & Campbell miss I go:

In: Young, Lipinski, Williams

Out: Roberts, HC, Smith

Would love to drop Libba, Picken, Wallis... (where do I stop?), but the likes of Dickson & Cloke need more time in the VFL.
    But Webb consistently dominates through the middle at VFL level. Have we actually played him as a midfielder in the ones? He played as a half back early and a high half forward this year.

Post Thanks / Like

Disagree......his last two weeks have been poor but his month prior to that were really strong. Yes his intercept marking is down this year but he still manages to impact contests he has no right to even reach. There are bigger problems than our premiership captain.
    This ^^^

May not be taking intercept marks, but his spoils from behind are very effective. Played well prior to last week. Against West Coast, he had 21 disposals, 8 marks and 4 tackles. He is marginally down on last year's average marks per game.

People forget he had an ankle reconstruction at the end of the season
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

8. Likes SonofScray liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by lemmon View Post
    But Webb consistently dominates through the middle at VFL level. Have we actually played him as a midfielder in the ones? He played as a half back early and a high half forward this year.
    He certainly spent a heap of the Geelong game in the middle. A bit of time running with Dangerfield if I remember correctly
    Park that car
    Drop that phone
    Sleep on the floor
    Dream about me

Post Thanks / Like

Both Bob and Biggs will be tested this week, and should come in if they are ok. Campbell out for another 3 to 4 weeks, so second ruck will be an issue again.

I would like to see Trav come in, and run around his favourite ground.
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

11. Thanks azabob thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by hujsh View Post
    Hilarious.
    www.bulldogtragician.com A blog about being a lifelong fan of the Dogs and our quixotic attempt to replicate 1954. AND WE DID
    Author of "The Mighty West: the Bulldogs journey from daydream believers to premiership heroes"
    Twitter @bulldogstragic

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by hujsh View Post
    Smart move to change from #4 to #420 and pocket all the extra jumper number money though.
    - I'm a visionary - Only here to confirm my biases -

14. Likes hujsh, ratsmac liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post
    Both Bob and Biggs will be tested this week, and should come in if they are ok. Campbell out for another 3 to 4 weeks, so second ruck will be an issue again.

I would like to see Trav come in, and run around his favourite ground.
    Agree on Trav.

On Campbell - he simply cannot string more than a handful of games together. I know he's contracted for next year and worth holding onto, but we really need to trade for or pick up a fringe ruck.

Post Thanks / Like

MRP get real. The club must appeal Easton Wood's 1 match suspension, he would have made harder contact shaking hands. Cotchin punches a bloke in the guts and gets fined $1500.

Post Thanks / Like

Is there a video of the Wood incident?
    Nobody's looking for a puppeteer in today's wintry economic climate.

Post Thanks / Like

Nothing online but it was replayed last night on Talking Footy and precisely the sort of garden-variety soft niggle that ensues a dozen times at the start of every game these days. McGovern gave Easton a soft one to the guts, Easton returned serve, McGovern had the textbook 2 second delay before going down like he'd been shot, and voila.

Even the MRP termed it low impact. Easton's problem is that he had 'form', apparently.

"Western Bulldogs defender Easton Wood has been offered a one-match suspension as a result of his third low-level charge after he struck Adelaide's Mitch McGovern on Friday night.

Wood has been charged twice already with intentional, low impact strikes to the body, on Josh Schache (Brisbane Lions) in round five and Taylor Garner (North Melbourne) in round 14.

A third offence results in an automatic one-match suspension if Wood chooses not to challenge, sidelining him for Sunday's clash against Carlton.

Wood becomes the first player to be suspended under the three strikes system since it was introduced ahead of the 2015 season."

Yay.
    BORDERLINE FLYING

Post Thanks / Like

I suggest you haven't even seen it. I just watched it on the news and it was an open hand to McGivern's back with negligible force in response to McGovern giving him a light forearm to the chest.

Really hope the club challenges the decision considering JJ has copped more than this multiple times over recent weeks. Such a bullshit decision.
    Regardless of how little in it there was he should have known he was walking a fine line with 2 fines already this season for that type of incident.