Thanks Thanks:  10
Likes Likes:  53
Page 6 of 15 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Match Committee - Round 17, 2017 vs Carlton

Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post
    This ^^^

May not be taking intercept marks, but his spoils from behind are very effective. Played well prior to last week. Against West Coast, he had 21 disposals, 8 marks and 4 tackles. He is marginally down on last year's average marks per game.

People forget he had an ankle reconstruction at the end of the season

He was really poor against West coast your just looking at stats means nothing. Easton Wood in 2015 was a dominate player, a real key to our success that year he is no where near that commanding level for nearly 2 years now.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Axe Man View Post
    Regardless of how little in it there was he should have known he was walking a fine line with 2 fines already this season for that type of incident.
    Have you seen it?
    I thought I was wrong once but I was mistaken.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by kruder View Post
    He was really poor against West coast your just looking at stats means nothing. Easton Wood in 2015 was a dominate player, a real key to our success that year he is no where near that commanding level for nearly 2 years now.
    Dominant in 2015, excellent in 2016, inconsistent in 2017. Teams actually plan to curb his influence.

Post Thanks / Like

Tend to agree on Wood. Not having anywhere near the influence, and disposal in recent weeks has been dreadful. Disposal has never been his strength, but he isn't respecting the limitations of his kicking, and it is hurting the team.

Post Thanks / Like

Really disappointed the club has accepted the one match ban. What was the risk in challenging it?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by kruder View Post
    Did you go to the West Coast match? I know what I saw that day, so it is just not stats. Easton Wood played a different role in 2015, which gave him the opportunity to attack, run and bounce etc. Now he is stuck playing on tall players.

Quote Originally Posted by always right View Post
    Dominant in 2015, excellent in 2016, inconsistent in 2017. Teams actually plan to curb his influence.
    Agree has been a little inconsistent

Quote Originally Posted by Ozza View Post
    Tend to agree on Wood. Not having anywhere near the influence, and disposal in recent weeks has been dreadful. Disposal has never been his strength, but he isn't respecting the limitations of his kicking, and it is hurting the team.
    81% effciency in the West Coast game. Played poorly as did all players last week.
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

Grant has said Cloke will spend at least another week in the VFL.

I would bring in a tall to play forward, even as a bit of a defensive role up to help curb the amount of intercept marks we give away. Think Zaine Cordy last year.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Rocco Jones View Post
    Grant has said Cloke will spend at least another week in the VFL.

I would bring in a tall to play forward, even as a bit of a defensive role up to help curb the amount of intercept marks we give away. Think Zaine Cordy last year.
    Would have to be a debutant.
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

Wouldn't mind having a look at Lipinski
    But then again, I'm an Internet poster and Bevo is a premiership coach so draw your own conclusions.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by always right View Post
    Have you seen it?
    Well at the time I guess but not since, can't seem to find it anywhere.

But again that's beside the point, I'm not arguing he should be suspended. I'll take your word for it that there's nothing in it. I just think it was foolish from Wood to put himself in that position. The MRP have been just waiting to make an example out of someone with these body punches.

Post Thanks / Like

But again that's beside the point, I'm not arguing he should be suspended. I'll take your word for it that there's nothing in it. I just think it was foolish from Wood to put himself in that position. The MRP have been just waiting to make an example out of someone with these body punches.
    It was nothing like previous body punches and something you would see 100 times a match. I would agree with you if it was similar to previous incidents but it wasn't. Absolute joke....as is the club's failure to challenge it.

Post Thanks / Like

And yet Cotchin the recidivist... gets a fine... I just don't understand the MRP.. Why not send the message to Cotchin.. who does it all the time...especially if you're also going to suspend Wood for his action.

Post Thanks / Like

So if Cloke is out for another week....

IN: Young, Williams, Lipisnki/English
    OUT: Roberts, Wood, Smith

Feel like we need another tall to come in, though Lipisnki sounds ready.
    Float Along - Fill Your Lungs

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Yankee Hotel Foxtrot View Post
    And yet Cotchin the recidivist... gets a fine... I just don't understand the MRP.. Why not send the message to Cotchin.. who does it all the time...especially if you're also going to suspend Wood for his action.
    It's because it is Cotchin's second offence. Third offence (as per Wood) earns an automatic one week suspension.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post
    Did you go to the West Coast match? I know what I saw that day, so it is just not stats. Easton Wood played a different role in 2015, which gave him the opportunity to attack, run and bounce etc. Now he is stuck playing on tall players.

Agree has been a little inconsistent

81% effciency in the West Coast game. Played poorly as did all players last week.
    I think the efficiency is misleading in this case. Wood's long kicks get counted as 'efficient' even when he had several long kicks down the line that were so up and under and not to our advantage that they were easily spoiled.

Agree on your point about Easton's different roles impacting his season.