Thanks Thanks:  20
Likes Likes:  34
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Match Committee - Round 18, 2017 vs Gold Coast Suns

I would give Repath another game but Cloke may come in for him.
    Dickson for Stringer as Bevo praised his game for Footscray. Reckon Dickson would have thrived yesterday in that style of game.
    Wood for Murphy. Has to come in and whilst I doubt they'll drop Murph, he was one of our quietest yesterday and appears to be labouring a bit.

After Bevo's presser comments, there is no way Honeychurch will be dropped.
    I thought I was wrong once but I was mistaken.

Post Thanks / Like

Out
    Stringer Honeychurch

In
    Wood Cloke

I wouldn't drop Williams in a fit.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by westbulldog View Post
    Out
    Stringer Honeychurch

In
    Wood Cloke

I wouldn't drop Williams in a fit.
    Bevo described Honey's game as outstanding. Hard to see him dropped.
    I thought I was wrong once but I was mistaken.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Sedat View Post
    I think we should select a squad of about 26 for the next 2 weeks and work on a horses for courses selection policy depending on our opposition. I know we've been all over the shop with selections this season and some continuity would be nice, but the player recovery from Cairns to Etihad the following week (against a lightning quick opponent) needs to be taken into consideration.

Redders would be one player in the gun for mine - just doesn't involve himself enough in the game and lacks the scoreboard impact for a player with is limitations. We will struggle to score heavily in the next couple of weeks so need to bolster up our inside mid stocks and defensive run and carry to try and have both games played on our terms. Webb would be an in for mine on that score.

Not sure of the outs as yet - need to give it some thought.
    Since Redpath's 10th career game - this is only the second time that he hasn't kicked a goal in a game. He has kicked 43 goals in those 21 games since reaching double figures.

For a bloke who has played less career games than McLean, Tom Boyd, Caleb Daniel amongst others - and also coming off a knee reco less than 12 months ago, I think Redpath gets a pretty tough critique. A bad day yesterday - but with the way Carlton flood the D50 - it was a pretty ordinary day to be playing tall forward as the only player competing in the air v Jones, Weitering, Plowman and A.Silvagni.

Post Thanks / Like

Out Stringer
    In Dickson

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by always right View Post
    Bevo described Honey's game as outstanding. Hard to see him dropped.
    He butchered the ball early but his effort was great. At least he got his hands dirty which can't be said for a lot of the players over the last few weeks (yesterday the exception)

IN: Dickson, Wood, Cloke
    OUT: Stringer, Redpath, Murph

I hate saying it but Murph needs to be omitted ahead of Williams based on performance but Murph probably has more spiritual value to the team. It would be incredibly harsh to drop Williams though. I thought he played really well. In either case, given we're playing in Cairns it would be worth giving Murph a spell so he's primed for Essendon at which point we're guaranteed to have another injury anyway given our luck. Who knows, even more players could be rested for the Cairns game given we always play poorly the following week. Given we can only drop 1 more game, we need to 100% for essendon

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Ozza View Post
    Since Redpath's 10th career game - this is only the second time that he hasn't kicked a goal in a game. He has kicked 43 goals in those 21 games since reaching double figures.

For a bloke who has played less career games than McLean, Tom Boyd, Caleb Daniel amongst others - and also coming off a knee reco less than 12 months ago, I think Redpath gets a pretty tough critique. A bad day yesterday - but with the way Carlton flood the D50 - it was a pretty ordinary day to be playing tall forward as the only player competing in the air v Jones, Weitering, Plowman and A.Silvagni.
    I have strong admiration for what Redders has been able to achieve in his career given his injury history and lack of mobility. Bur for mine in the next couple of weeks, we will need to manufacture a score with an unconventional forward set-up, so any players who cannot contribute to keeping the ball locked in our F50 are in the gun. Our F50 just isn't working at all with a conventional set-up. Cloke, Smith and Dickson don't fill me with great confidence with their ability to pressure opposition defensive rebounders either.

Honey saved his bacon yesterday with a really good, hard-working performance. We need that from him every single contest, with a side serve of much better conversion from him.

I'll gladly sign off on two scrappy, low-scoring 20 point wins in the next 2 weeks if we can manufacture them.
    "Look at me mate. Look at me. I'm flyin'"

Post Thanks / Like

Stinger - Dickson
    Williams - Wood

Would like to keep Williams in but it's hard to play a rebounder who isn't getting enough attacking ball as yet.
    Western Bulldogs: 2016 Premiers

Post Thanks / Like

Oh yes Murphy rested and Wood in.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mofra View Post
    Stinger - Dickson
    Williams - Wood

Would like to keep Williams in but it's hard to play a rebounder who isn't getting enough attacking ball as yet.
    I think this is how it will pan out.

My preference would be to bring Cloke in as well, the sooner we get him some exposure to senior football again - providing he is mentally ready - the better. Not sure how this is achieved given I don't want Redpath dropped as I'd like both of them to cover for ruck breaks.

I suppose we'll see how our fitness is over the coming days.
    Nobody's looking for a puppeteer in today's wintry economic climate.

Post Thanks / Like

I thought Williams was excellent yesterday. He shut out his opponent, and took 7 marks. I wouldn't be dropping him anytime soon.

Wood will come back in, Stringer out due to his injury.

In: Wood, Cloke

Out: Redpath, Stringer.
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

Ins: Wood, Dickson

Outs: Stringer, HC

Honeychurch may have had his best game since being recalled, but we need to kick more goals.
    It was great to see Picko finally getting back into form.
    I'm paying money, the girl's happy, she's got no money, I got my rocks off, how good is this...

Post Thanks / Like

Id play Cloke and Redpath and give them a string of games together( until Boyd is ready). We are too trigger happy to drop players and if HoneyChurch deserves a month of footy so do these two. It also enables Bont to play more midfield and never be seen in the ruck again.

Im happy for Easton to play at Footscray and learn how to mark the ball again, I think it will help his confidence significantly.

Out Stringer

In Cloke

Honey isn't AFL standard but will play again after hearing Bevo's comments and Dickson a big chance also.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by kruder View Post
    Id play Cloke and Redpath and give them a string of games together( until Boyd is ready). We are too trigger happy to drop players and if HoneyChurch deserves a month of footy so do these two. It also enables Bont to play more midfield and never be seen in the ruck again.

Im happy for Easton to play at Footscray and learn how to mark the ball again, I think it will help his confidence significantly.

Out Stringer

In Cloke

Honey isn't AFL standard but will play again after hearing Bevo's comments and Dickson a big chance also.
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

15. Thanks Bulldog4life thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post
    Be nice if he made the most of those opportunites..A small forward who has kicked 1.9 in 5 games is going to have a short shelf life.