Thanks Thanks:  20
Likes Likes:  34
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Match Committee - Round 18, 2017 vs Gold Coast Suns

Went to the open training session this morning

- Dickson is the travelling emergency, Cloke & Webb not here

- Training consisted of an opening jog, kick to kick over 30m in pairs, kicking to the side of the player to run onto it over 30m in pairs, gathering a loose ball and handballing back, leaping for a mark with the ball thrown in the air, and goalkicking practice

- Dickson, Wallis, Morris & Murphy did handball drills after the 30m kicking

- This is the cleanest Bulldogs side with their skills I have ever seen. Very few fumbles, dropped marks or shanked kicks. Perfect execution on both sides of the body, clean pickups and quick hands

- When the players got in a line to have a set shot from the same spot (35m out 45 degree angle), everyone kicked the goal except Mitch Honeychurch. Not fair on him though as he was kicking straight before that when they were all spread out having shots. Remarkable accuracy, most put it through the middle with only Macrae and Cordy towards the far post but still straight

- Suckling is a lair, every shot was a torp, snap or off one step. Most missed

- Daniel didn't do a thing wrong all session. Remarkably well balanced and clean with his skills, keeps the ball low when kicking so it travels to his target quickly

- Lewis Young looks like an excitable kid who can't believe where he is and is enjoying every second

- We look short and slight as a group with Roughead, Redpath, Cordy & Young the only talls, Morris & Bonts excluded
    If you kicked five goals and Tom Boyd kicked five goals, Tom Boyd kicked more goals than you.

Formerly gogriff

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the summary... How did Redpath move? Reports are that he hasn't trained much all week.

Post Thanks / Like

Looking at the team names Murphy on the wing with Bont lining up at CHF.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Topdog View Post
    Resting Ruck/Forward.
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

5. Likes chef liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by boydogs View Post
    Went to the open training session this morning

- Dickson is the travelling emergency, Cloke & Webb not here

- Training consisted of an opening jog, kick to kick over 30m in pairs, kicking to the side of the player to run onto it over 30m in pairs, gathering a loose ball and handballing back, leaping for a mark with the ball thrown in the air, and goalkicking practice

- Dickson, Wallis, Morris & Murphy did handball drills after the 30m kicking

- This is the cleanest Bulldogs side with their skills I have ever seen. Very few fumbles, dropped marks or shanked kicks. Perfect execution on both sides of the body, clean pickups and quick hands

- When the players got in a line to have a set shot from the same spot (35m out 45 degree angle), everyone kicked the goal except Mitch Honeychurch. Not fair on him though as he was kicking straight before that when they were all spread out having shots. Remarkable accuracy, most put it through the middle with only Macrae and Cordy towards the far post but still straight

- Suckling is a lair, every shot was a torp, snap or off one step. Most missed

- Daniel didn't do a thing wrong all session. Remarkably well balanced and clean with his skills, keeps the ball low when kicking so it travels to his target quickly

- Lewis Young looks like an excitable kid who can't believe where he is and is enjoying every second

- We look short and slight as a group with Roughead, Redpath, Cordy & Young the only talls, Morris & Bonts excluded
    Good Crowd there:

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

7. Likes Eastdog liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Link

WESTERN Bulldogs key forward Jack Redpath has shaken off a hip concern and will line up against Gold Coast in Cairns on Saturday.

The hulking 26-year-old was spotted getting scans during the week, but he trained strongly at Cazaly’s Stadium on Friday afternoon, and ruckman Jordan Roughead says Redpath will face the Suns.

Premiership forward Tory Dickson is the travelling emergency in case the Kyneton product doesn’t come up.

“As far as I’m aware (he’s going to play), he trained strongly this morning, so he looks good,” Roughead said.

While Roughead expects Redpath to give him a hand in the ruck against Sun Jarrad Witts, he’s not anticipating superstar Marcus Bontempelli to reprise his part-time role in the highly-combative position like he has done in the past.

"They try and keep the Lamborghinis out of the ruck, so we’ll let him run around in the midfield and do his best work in there," Roughead said.

"Big Jack Redpath will give me a bit of help in there, no doubt."

"Jarrad Witts is some good form in his first year at the Suns, so the challenge is ahead of us, but we look forward to it."

With speculation strong Travis Cloke would be a replacement for the injured Jake Stringer, the former Magpie didn’t make the trip to Cairns, and remained in Melbourne along with fellow emergency Lukas Webb.

Post Thanks / Like

From Damian Barrett's Sliding Doors column today:

If

Danger managed 11 shots at goal last week ...

Then

... we reckon Bont has got a dozen in him this week. If he starts and stays forward against the May-less Suns backline, look out.
    As much as I don't rate Barrett's knowledge of the game itself, I think he's onto something. With no Gaz in the engine room and no May down back, they're ripe for the picking.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by westdog54 View Post
    From Damian Barrett's Sliding Doors column today:

As much as I don't rate Barrett's knowledge of the game itself, I think he's onto something. With no Gaz in the engine room and no May down back, they're ripe for the picking.
    It's actually just Barrett being Barrett and placing ludicrous expectations on our players. He has done it probably 5 times this season.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mantis View Post
    Thanks for the summary... How did Redpath move? Reports are that he hasn't trained much all week.
    He and Dickson seemed short of a gallop, might be why we played Bonts in the ruck last week

Roughead made some interesting comments about that though in the article above
    If you kicked five goals and Tom Boyd kicked five goals, Tom Boyd kicked more goals than you.

Formerly gogriff

Post Thanks / Like

Yep, time to unleash Colemanpelli

Formerly gogriff

13. Likes Twodogs liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

And our named CHF for Footscray is Lukas Webb.....

Post Thanks / Like

Shades of way back when, feeling much the same about the West Coke game.

I'll happily settle for the largely unconvincing 2 goal win we'll likely scrape together today.
    BORDERLINE FLYING

16. Likes 1eyedog liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by PeanutsPeanuts View Post
    And our named CHF for Footscray is Lukas Webb.....

Zaine Cordy is an actual premiership CHF. I love Zaine and everything but that takes a bit to get your head around. Especially when you think premiership CHFs? Hmmm Royce Hart, Darryl Baldock, Zaine Cordy!
    Have you been reading those Roddy Doyle books again, Dougal!?

I have, yeah Ted, you big gobshite

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Twodogs View Post
    Zaine Cordy is an actual premiership CHF. I love Zaine and everything but that takes a bit to get your head around. Especially when you think premiership CHFs? Hmmm Royce Hart, Darryl Baldock, Zaine Cordy!
    In his 11 th game