Thanks Thanks:  6
Likes Likes:  36
Page 1 of 8 12345678 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Match Committee - Round 19, 2017 vs Essendon

If you were on the Bulldogs match committee what changes would you make for our round 19, 2017 match against Essendon at Etihad?

As always a brief explanation for your changes would add a lot of value to the discussion.
    "Footscray people are incredible people; so humble. I'm just so happy - ecstatic"

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Match Committee - Round 19, 2017 vs Essendon

Bump
    Western Bulldogs Football Club "Where it's cool to drool"

Post Thanks / Like

Ins/Outs:

Webb - Honeychurch (Webby BOG today, Honey not doing enough as a mid or a forward)
    Cloke - Morris (Morris injured, Wood moved into defence and Cloke up forward)
    Suckling - M. Boyd (Suckling is a net negative right now)
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bulldogtragic View Post
    Ins/Outs:

Webb - Honeychurch (Webby BOG today, Honey not doing enough as a mid or a forward)
    Cloke - Morris (Morris injured, Wood moved into defence and Cloke up forward)
    Suckling - M. Boyd (Suckling is a net negative right now)
    Gee you are a bit rough on Honey BT. Thought he played well. Better than Libba if you want to drop someone. One change for me is Morris out.

5. Likes chef, 1eyedog liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Not sure I'd have Cloke and Redpath in the same team either.
    The curse is dead.

Post Thanks / Like

Out - Morris
    In - Dickson

Wood to spend more time in the back half than he did today.

Post Thanks / Like

Against a lightening quick Essendon......
    In: Dickson, Webb
    Out: Morris, Libba
    I thought I was wrong once but I was mistaken.

9. Likes azabob liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by always right View Post
    Against a lightening quick Essendon......
    In: Dickson, Webb
    Out: Morris, Libba
    Their speed and height is going to be an issue
    "You always own the option of having no opinion. There is never any need to get worked up or to trouble your soul about things you can't control. These things are not asking to be judged by you. Leave them alone" - Marcus Aurelius

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Bulldog4life View Post
    Gee you are a bit rough on Honey BT. Thought he played well. Better than Libba if you want to drop someone. One change for me is Morris out.
    To me, if he's a small forward he needs to score goals. 1.8 this year tells me he's not effective. If he's a midfielder, he needs to be racking up bigger numbers and not making the mistakes he is. Or he's neither. The question is if he's a forward is he better than Dickson, or if he's a midfielder is he better than say Webb? I think both are better are players, and make the team better. I actually think he's getting some unfounded support akin to a 'participation ribbon'. I just don't see how he's holding a spot in our best 22. According to the stats and watching, he's a mid level accumulating midfielder who is not clean by disposal and who isn't kicking goals either. If he's best 22, then we are in trouble to my view.
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

Post Thanks / Like

He's a small forward who is clearly being judged on various measures of which goals is one of them but not the major one. His fowardline pressure has been excellent the last couple of weeks. TBH...when Dickson was playing we were getting neither goals or pressure.
    I thought I was wrong once but I was mistaken.

13. Likes Dry Rot liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by always right View Post
    He's a small forward who is clearly being judged on various measures of which goals is one of them but not the major one. His fowardline pressure has been excellent the last couple of weeks. TBH...when Dickson was playing we were getting neither goals or pressure.
    Clearly the MC rate his output higher. A forward with the games he's had should have kicked more than 1 goal. And I just don't see the balance of his contribution meaning he should be playing next week. If Cloke had kicked 1.8 in 4 weeks I'd say the WO would've been burned down. It just seems the standards applied to younger players over the past couple of years, Hrovat, Webb, Dale, Tutt, Jones etc. was you needed to do something well and consistently. He's not playing midfield overly well, he's not playing forward well and he's not consistently reaching a standard that's been applied to others.

If he's best 22, based on the last month, then we are in strife. But that's just my take.

Post Thanks / Like

Webb and Dickson for Suckling
    And Morris

If Red is suspended for jumper punch Cloke in

Post Thanks / Like

Not sure why posters want Suckling out. One bad clanger, 23 disposals at 70% efficiency, 8 inside 50s.
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post
    Not sure why posters want Suckling out. One bad clanger, 23 disposals at 70% efficiency, 8 inside 50s.
    He is the anti-dog.

Post Thanks / Like

I think red is going to go so Cloke
    Probably Webb for Morris

I kind of liked woody having a turn up forward.