Thanks Thanks:  6
Likes Likes:  36
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Match Committee - Round 19, 2017 vs Essendon

Quote Originally Posted by marcov View Post
    I think red is going to go so Cloke
    Probably Webb for Morris

I kind of liked woody having a turn up forward.
    Red won't go. 18 possies 11 marks

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Bulldog4life View Post
    The MRP won't care about his stats.
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post
    The MRP won't care about his stats.
    Just the number of (jumper) punches that actually landed.

Each year when he's on the cusp of putting good form together, he does something suspendably dumb like his kneeing suspension last year.
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bulldogtragic View Post
    Just the number of (jumper) punches that actually landed.

Each year when he's on the cusp of putting good form together, he does something suspendably dumb like his kneeing suspension last year.
    Stood up for Picken, but that wild punch, let's hope it didn't connect.
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

It's funny the AFL tribunal system, it rarely seems to punish the party deserving of punishment.
    Nobody's looking for a puppeteer in today's wintry economic climate.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jeemak View Post
    It's funny the AFL tribunal system, it rarely seems to punish the party deserving of punishment.
    Add umpires to that too. Bugg knocks a bloke out, then takes a dive and gets a reversal free.
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Bulldog4life View Post
    Yeah, i was more referring to the fist square on the chin.

8. Likes Bulldog4life liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I get our fans don't like Suckling but he has had his best two games of the season the last two weeks.

Do we bring in Fletch to combat Essendon's talls? I think Fletch has confidence issues at AFL level. When playing VFL he seems so much more confident to mark the ball. I know they are different levels but even the intent and cleanness when he has time. He seems to have a lot more inferred pressured just being at the higher level. I think he is good enough to warrant a spot in our side with Morris out but the MC really have to suss out if he is up to it mentally.

I would like to see Cloke in even if Red isn't suspended. Might put a bit more pressure on them down back with whoever Hurley doesn't take.

With the outs, obvious Moz.

I really like Williams long term but I worry about him in a contest/under pressure at the moment. Think he will grow out of it and is an exciting prospect, just in terms of weekly winning grind to make the 8....

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post
    Not sure why posters want Suckling out. One bad clanger, 23 disposals at 70% efficiency, 8 inside 50s.
    He is gifted half of his disposals as he plays like a designated kicker. When we have the ball around 80m out and the opposition has flooded back, players look for Suckling to be the one to deliver it inside 50

That's his role, if someone else is better at it then great, but you can't look at his stat count and say he can't be dropped because he gets it a lot
    If you kicked five goals and Tom Boyd kicked five goals, Tom Boyd kicked more goals than you.

Formerly gogriff

Post Thanks / Like

Saw the North Versus Essendon game , and Hooker had a free reign in the last quarter. Not sure what happened with the instructions given by north players defense, but he kicked a couple in the last quarter. And rubbed it in and got physical with the young north defender after each goal. He had an ordinary day until then. He has a crap kicking action.

Stewart, Hooker, and Daniher, thats a fair few talls.

Essendon over ran a tired but young north side. The dons are ripe to be beaten next week, with their false confidence so high.

Post Thanks / Like

Suckling needs to be judged on how many goals he gives the opposition.
    I think I would prefer him further up the ground say wing high half forward and keep out of the back line.
    Don't piss off old people
    The older we get the less "LIFE IN PRISON" is a deterrent...

Post Thanks / Like

The way the MRP operate their lottery they are quite likely to suspend Caleb, having mistaken him for Redpath.

14. Likes bornadog, Dry Rot liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Melbourne travelled back to Darwin off a 7 day break and took care of Port. We have 8 days to come up for Essendope - no excuses whatsoever.

Having said that, Melbourne made multiple changes to freshen up the team and we should do the same. I would be resting at least a couple of mid sized players who might be carrying a niggle to ensure we can run out next week for the full 4 quarters.
    "Look at me mate. Look at me. I'm flyin'"

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Sedat View Post
    Melbourne travelled back to Darwin off a 7 day break and took care of Port. We have 8 days to come up for Essendope - no excuses whatsoever.

Having said that, Melbourne made multiple changes to freshen up the team and we should do the same. I would be resting at least a couple of mid sized players who might be carrying a niggle to ensure we can run out next week for the full 4 quarters.
    Good observation. Having players who are moving well will be super important so perhaps a few changes to err on the side of caution do happen.

Post Thanks / Like

In Cloke Roberts

Out Wlliams Morris

I still think we need to be able to have a tall forward at all times, I like playing Redpath deep hence Cloke to come in and provide relief ruck for Roughead(lucky to be in the side atm). Id go Roberts over Collins purely for experience with Young already in the back six.

I still don't think Honey is AFL standard but by the sounds of it he played ok hence cant see Bevo dropping him. I'd play Dickson/Webb in his spot.