Thanks Thanks:  6
Likes Likes:  36
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Match Committee - Round 19, 2017 vs Essendon

Quote Originally Posted by kruder View Post
    I'd play Dickson/Webb in his spot.
    It is a shame Dickson had to travel to Cairns. I still think he needs a couple of more games in the VFL to get his confidence back up and find some form. Webb surely has done enough to get a gig.
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Hotdog60 View Post
    Suckling needs to be judged on how many goals he gives the opposition.
    I think I would prefer him further up the ground say wing high half forward and keep out of the back line.
    Beautifully said Hotdog. I think Suckling is often atrocious one in one. He also has tendency to go for the very difficult when players like Cordy who are not as flash are imo more effective in actually ensuring one of players has a fair chance of receiving one of his passes. One of the most unbulldoglike players I can recall. Also he has missed an awful lot of those bombs towards goal this year. I hope he turns this around as it sure is a good weapon. Much prefer Webb to be getting games instead however in the mc we trust. Watching Webb in vfl he really does have beautiful disposal and given a decent run I think he might make it (hopefully as a dog)....
    Last edited by josie; 23-07-2017 at 02:51 PM. Reason: Typo

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Sedat View Post
    Melbourne travelled back to Darwin off a 7 day break and took care of Port. We have 8 days to come up for Essendope - no excuses whatsoever.

Having said that, Melbourne made multiple changes to freshen up the team and we should do the same. I would be resting at least a couple of mid sized players who might be carrying a niggle to ensure we can run out next week for the full 4 quarters.
    Really depends on who is sore. 'Resting' a sore gun will hurt the side more than it will freshen it up as our depth isn't great at the moment. However, if a player at the peripheral of the side like Honeychurch, Williams or Libba is 'sore', rest them.

Another option is going a bit taller. Easier for a KP to have bigger time on ground minutes and has flow on affect of a style that needs a little less run.

4. Likes boydogs liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Rocco Jones View Post
    Really depends on who is sore. 'Resting' a sore gun will hurt the side more than it will freshen it up as our depth isn't great at the moment. However, if a player at the peripheral of the side like Honeychurch, Williams or Libba is 'sore', rest them
    Bonts looked buggered, maybe from having to play 2nd ruck last week. Had a Daniel Cross moment where he was overtaken chasing the ball down. Hopefully he'll be right again by next Sunday
    If you kicked five goals and Tom Boyd kicked five goals, Tom Boyd kicked more goals than you.

Formerly gogriff

Post Thanks / Like

I have a theory, it's about fitness.

Personal view is we're a lot fitter than we have been prior to the WCE game and we're building to a level suited to back end of the season after a slow start.

Hope the timing's right, if it is we'll be in the van.
    Nobody's looking for a puppeteer in today's wintry economic climate.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Rocco Jones View Post
    I get our fans don't like Suckling but he has had his best two games of the season the last two weeks.

Do we bring in Fletch to combat Essendon's talls? I think Fletch has confidence issues at AFL level. When playing VFL he seems so much more confident to mark the ball. I know they are different levels but even the intent and cleanness when he has time. He seems to have a lot more inferred pressured just being at the higher level. I think he is good enough to warrant a spot in our side with Morris out but the MC really have to suss out if he is up to it mentally.

I would like to see Cloke in even if Red isn't suspended. Might put a bit more pressure on them down back with whoever Hurley doesn't take.

With the outs, obvious Moz.

I really like Williams long term but I worry about him in a contest/under pressure at the moment. Think he will grow out of it and is an exciting prospect, just in terms of weekly winning grind to make the 8....
    I agree we need to start playing Roberts. He is the future and with Morris out no better time to start. Bombers are big up forward and he will need to play on Hooker.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jeemak View Post
    I have a theory, it's about fitness.

Personal view is we're a lot fitter than we have been prior to the WCE game and we're building to a level suited to back end of the season after a slow start.

Hope the timing's right, if it is we'll be in the van.
    I think Saturday was more about Gold Coast having young players not ready for AFL and are cooked at this time of year. I hope you are right about us being fit at the right time of year but Gold Coast are playing guys who shouldn't be out there.

Post Thanks / Like

I think Carlton getting flogged by Brisbane (don't get carried away by their third quarter comeback) puts our win over them in perspective. Then we beat an undermanned uncompetitive Gold Coast.

Pleased with getting the wins on the board but this week will be the true test as to whether we are back on track.
    I thought I was wrong once but I was mistaken.

Post Thanks / Like

AFL.com reporter on SEN thinks Redpath will get a week.

He also thinks Hooker will get a week.
    For those who were always the underdogs and wore it as a badge of honour.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by always right View Post
    I think Carlton getting flogged by Brisbane (don't get carried away by their third quarter comeback) puts our win over them in perspective. Then we beat an undermanned uncompetitive Gold Coast.

Pleased with getting the wins on the board but this week will be the true test as to whether we are back on track.
    Teams very rarely play well the week after playing us.
    A young team like Carlton are always going to have the odd very-bad performance like they did yesterday.
    This season, more than any other before, has shown that you can't really take formlines through one team beating another - Carlton losing to Brisbane has nothing to do with us. St.Kilda flogged Richmond, and then came out and got flogged by Essendon - who had lost to Brisbane at home - and then Richmond beats GWS.....'AFL Math' doesn't work this season.

12. Likes Bulldog4life, hujsh, boydogs liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Gut feel is we're going to get a decent touch up this week.

IN: Matty Boyd, Cloke, Webb
    OUT: Morris, Redpath (suspended), Suckling
    Our 1954 premiership players are our heroes, and it has to be said that Charlie was their hero.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by comrade View Post
    Gut feel is we're going to get a decent touch up this week.

IN: Matty Boyd, Cloke, Webb
    OUT: Morris, Redpath (suspended), Suckling
    It is one thing to hate a player, but this is not realistic and won't happen.
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post
    It is one thing to hate a player, but this is not realistic and won't happen.
    May not happen, but it should.
    Our 1954 premiership players are our heroes, and it has to be said that Charlie was their hero.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by comrade View Post
    May not happen, but it should.
    I think we need to keep the good users in as much as possible. Suckling is a good user.

Get the ball into Dale, Daniel, Murphy, , Suckling, Bont's hands.

17. Likes bornadog liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Just on Saturday's form, I thought Redpath was excellent in his lead up role, against the wind. This was always a strong part of Cloke's game for the Magpies, often racking up good stats a long way from goal. Also I have the feeling that Honeychurch is starting to turn the corner where his game is concerned. Hopefully he will draw some more confidence from the last two weeks performances. He might have had some horrors with his accuracy in his games, but you do have to actually get the ball to kick points. That is a plus for any potential forward.
    The truth will set you free,
    but first it will piss you off. ... Gloria Steinem.

19. Likes Bulldog4life, boydogs liked this post