Thanks Thanks:  2
Likes Likes:  3
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Dogs the worst they’ve been under bevo: Watson

Quote Originally Posted by bulldogtragic View Post
    Good news. Watson was wrong about the game being the worst loss under Bevo. Take that Watson.
    Yep, last 2 weeks have been an abomination - clearly the worst we've played in the Bevo era and comfortably so. We will cop serious heat externally and frankly so we should.

As an aside, has anyone gone from chocolates to boiled lollies as quickly as JJ? He now has a massive challenge to rise up against for the rest of his career.
    "Look at me mate. Look at me. I'm flyin'"

2. Likes N/A liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Sedat View Post
    Yep, last 2 weeks have been an abomination - clearly the worst we've played in the Bevo era and comfortably so. We will cop serious heat externally and frankly so we should.

As an aside, has anyone gone from chocolates to boiled lollies as quickly as JJ? He now has a massive challenge to rise up against for the rest of his career.
    He might still get the big money offer, that offering club might not part with the player or pick they might have. If he wasn't Norm Smith I doubt this would be going on, and I don't think he should've been as I've said. If defensive wet lettuce leaves like Hewitt & Melksham can own him, god forbid when he gets a really good defensive forward from here on. We've got some headaches if this is him 100% doing his best.

On the press, wait for Barrett and co to point out that they headed into the bye week off with a big win and momentum. Then our two worst losses coming back. Insert fake rumours about what happened in the week off here... >
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Sedat View Post
    I have to wonder if he's playing out time and has already decided to leave.

Either way, not good signs for us - he has been insipid and it's been hard to watch. His response to the attacks have been as meek as you're ever likely to see.

Agree with you - huge challenge for the rest of his career be it with us or another side.

Post Thanks / Like

Watsons view on yesterdays game

Watson

THE Western Bulldogs’ inability to evolve has the club lingering outside the top eight, says Essendon great Tim Watson.

And while a plethora of injuries was partly to blame, Watson said the biggest problem came down to the club’s complacency.

“Fundamentally ... they’ve got a problem and that’s that they’re still playing the same game they played last year,” Watson told SEN.

“Everyone else has caught them. Everyone else has their handball game up and running.

“But those teams are actually sharper now than the Bulldogs were last year. They haven’t moved on in any way. There’s nothing new or different about the way they’re playing.”

The Bulldogs slumped to their sixth loss of the season on Sunday, with a relentless Melbourne defeating the reigning premiers by 57 points.

Coach Luke Beveridge suggested the loss was defined by turnovers, with skill not attitude to blame.

But Watson disagreed, saying the Bulldogs had been outhunted, with Melbourne’s fanatical pressure the catalyst for the win.

“Last year when you watched the Bulldogs, even if they got beat, you would rarely say a side was more aggressive around the contest than them or outworked them around the contest,” Watson said.

“You can say that from almost every game this year, that they’ve been outworked and that sides have been harder and tougher than they have. They benchmarked that last year.

“Maybe it’s too hard to come up a year after that when you play that type of football when you’ve got other teams challenging you the way other teams are right now.”

While the Bulldogs have continued to deny they’re suffering from a premiership hangover, the evidence continues to stack up against them.

Matthew Boyd became the 10th premiership player to be axed this season, as Beveridge searches for ways to rattle his playing group out of their funk.

Garry Lyon echoed Watson’s sentiments when it came to the Bulldogs’ complacency, saying it was “hard to find a player who had improved”.

“I reckon the hunger has gone,” he said.

“They weren’t the best or the most talented team, but they were the most desperate and hardest, and when you’ve eaten well then perhaps you aren’t as desperate.”

In particular, Lyon singled out Tom Boyd, one of the Bulldogs’ premiership heroes, for an underwhelming first half of the season.

“Let’s look at Tom at some stage because Tom had an unbelievable finals series,” Lyon said.

“But he’s got no presence out on the ground at the moment, has he?”

The Western Bulldogs face North Melbourne at Etihad Stadium on Saturday, where they will be without Lin Jong, who has a suspected ACL injury.
    Western Bulldogs Football Club "Where it's cool to drool"

Post Thanks / Like

Can't agree with the 'theres nothing different about the way they're playing' comment. We look nothing like the side of the last 2 years so that makes no sense to me. He did also say we were back after the Saints game & clearly we were not back, we just beat a hopeless side.
    These people played the game & most of the time talk rubbish. You have to wonder if they really watch the game.

7. Likes Topdog liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by anfo27 View Post
    Can't agree with the 'theres nothing different about the way they're playing' comment. We look nothing like the side of the last 2 years so that makes no sense to me.
    Yep it is not even close.