Thanks Thanks:  4
Likes Likes:  83
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: 2017 Season - Will we make the top 4?

Quote Originally Posted by Dry Rot View Post
    I've seen most of our games on TV and the last one live. We have been pretty poor and the form line (aside from the Saints going) is going down.

All season, we've had no forward line and a mostly well beaten mid field.

Hardly. We've been pretty shithouse for most of this season.
    We've won more than we've lost, and only two of the losses was above 20 points.

You're being hysterical.

2. Likes chef liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I am a half full type of guy. Life is more fun. I wouldn't be writing us off even for the top 4 just. It is such an even season. We just need a run of wins to get our confidence going. We are capable. We have the players. Next four weeks so important. C'mon doggies.

4. Likes Eastdog liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Bulldog4life View Post
    I am a half full type of guy. Life is more fun. I wouldn't be writing us off even for the top 4 just. It is such an even season. We just need a run of wins to get our confidence going. We are capable. We have the players. Next four weeks so important. C'mon doggies.
    That's the spirit B4L.
    "Footscray people are incredible people; so humble. I'm just so happy - ecstatic"

6. Likes Bulldog4life liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Bulldog4life View Post
    I am with you all the way.
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

8. Likes Eastdog, Bulldog4life liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Cede Nullis what's in my signature.
    "Footscray people are incredible people; so humble. I'm just so happy - ecstatic"

Post Thanks / Like

If a stranger gave me a choice of being given $20 cash, or given $100 to only bet on the Dogs finishing top four with any winnings to keep, I'd keep the $20 to buy up signed copies of Paul Likakis 'Boom Boom Boom' LP's. A lot of posts (which is fine, good for y'all) have too many predications about 'if' certain things happen. There's just way too many if's to finish top 4. We should make the finals, but top 4 needs too many if's.
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

Post Thanks / Like

GWS game today is an excellent example of how nothing this year is predictable.
    I should leave it alone but you're not right

12. Likes Eastdog liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bulldogtragic View Post
    If a stranger gave me a choice of being given $20 cash, or given $100 to only bet on the Dogs finishing top four with any winnings to keep, I'd keep the $20 to buy up signed copies of Paul Likakis 'Boom Boom Boom' LP's. A lot of posts (which is fine, good for y'all) have too many predications about 'if' certain things happen. There's just way too many if's to finish top 4. We should make the finals, but top 4 needs too many if's.
    We are only a game off forth and our challengers for that spot are Port, Richmond, WCE and the Bombers. Have some faith mate.
    The curse is dead.

14. Likes bornadog, Topdog liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by chef View Post
    We are only a game off forth and our challengers for that spot are Port, Richmond, WCE and the Bombers. Have some faith mate.
    Chef, my guess is we finish around 5th or maybe even 6th. So yes, maths says we 'can' finish top 4. The question of this thread is 'will' we make top 4. Since I think 5th or 6th, my answer is no we 'will not'. So a spot or two different. I don't think my faith is relevant.
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

Post Thanks / Like

Chef, my guess is we finish around 5th or maybe even 6th. So yes, maths says we 'can' finish top 4. The question of this thread is 'will' we make top 4. Since I think 5th or 6th, my answer is no we 'will not'. So a spot or two different. I don't think my faith is relevant.
    Which of those 4 do you think will finish top 4?
    The curse is dead.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by chef View Post
    Which of those 4 do you think will finish top 4?
    They all could, using the same maths that says we can or can not finish top four too. Richmond are a game ahead right now, Port, Essendon, WCE & likely Melbourne will all be equal with us. Richmond, Melbourne & Port have a big to huge chunk of percentage on us. So to finish 4th, in the next 11 games, we need to jump Richmond two games, and jump one game ahead (owing to percentage) of Essendon, Port, Melbourne & WCE. Not doing that to just one of those 5 teams means we likely don't finish top 4. All those teams finished in the middle or bottom groups last year which gets them arguably better draws (according to the theory).

We are one of five teams, probably going for one spot. I'm not prepared to say we 'will' finish top 4. Just because it's my team and I think the others are shit isn't a sound justification, especially when one has a game on us and others have percentage advantages too. To reiterate we 'can', but I remain unconvinced that we 'will' for the reasons above and our patchy form and injury concerns. Faith or no faith.

Post Thanks / Like

Bookmarked.
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

19. Likes bulldogtragic liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post
    Bookmarked.
    You like Paul Likakis too. Cool man.

21. Likes bornadog liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by soupaman View Post
    GWS game today is an excellent example of how nothing this year is predictable.
    So true soupaman. That means we could still win it.

Post Thanks / Like

Obviously our destiny is in our own hands. We just have to pick ourselves up and win the games that we should and hopefully pinch an upset a long the way from here on in.

The worrying thing for me is that because of our form this year we have lost any of the intimidating factor that we earned from being the current premiers. Teams see us as gettable. I reckon hawthorn won at least 5 games that they shouldn't have last year because of their intimidating stature. And to be honest at times this year so far we have played like being the premiers is enough to get the win.

The Sydney loss, moreso in the manner that we lost was a rude awakening that could (hope) kick us into gear. But In saying that I think I said this after the Freo loss as well. C'mon Doggied lift!!

Top 4 I think just slipped through our fingers last Thursday to be honest. But hey we want 7th place anyway.
    They've done studies you know, 60% of the time, it works every time!
    Brian Fantana.