Thanks Thanks:  12
Likes Likes:  93
Page 9 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Libba

This guy gets us back in finals
    If you kicked five goals and Tom Boyd kicked five goals, Tom Boyd kicked more goals than you.

Formerly gogriff

2. Likes westbulldog, azabob liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Great to have the deal announced.

Looking forward to watching Libba go to work and have a consistent season. We need him to.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Doc26 View Post
    By signing a 1 year deal I believe that Tom has now foregone his 'free agency' status for 2019/2020. If another Club wants him at end of 2019 they will have to trade with us for him, or of course Tom can nominate for the Draft.
    Its brilliant news for the club all round. Not only is it sound list management to assess where his physical limitations and commitment are at.

He ticked the second box off very quickly. Hopefully he primes himself for a massive year and his knees hold together.

We're at least 3 wins better with a fit and firing Tom Liberatore on the park.

Post Thanks / Like

Equally with Wallis signing this is the best news of the offseason.

Now lets lock in Bont and Hunter long term.

Post Thanks / Like

all things going well, it's easy to add another year or two to his contract at any time.
    Even in the middle of the season.

Post Thanks / Like

Good news that he's re-signed.

Will be a huge if he can get back to near his best, which we haven't seen consistently for a fair while... hopefully in his contract it states he is never to go with 5m of the boundary line unless he is departing/ entering the ground.

8. Likes bulldogtragic liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mantis View Post
    Good news that he's re-signed.

Will be a huge if he can get back to near his best, which we haven't seen consistently for a fair while... hopefully in his contract it states he is never to go with 5m of the boundary line unless he is departing/ entering the ground.
    Or no changing direction - just run into the fence as it will do less damage.

10. Likes Scraggers, boydogs liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Dancin' Douggy View Post
    all things going well, it's easy to add another year or two to his contract at any time.
    Even in the middle of the season.
    I'm very pleased that Libba signed. However just the 1 year is interesting. I'm thinking the same DD as you. The club have taken a cautious approach with him after 2 knees and maybe some "motovation" issues. I'd say they are giving him the opportunity to show that he wants to have a long career in the RWB and hopefully his form and attitude half way through the season will be enough to trigger a couple more years added on to his new contract.

Make no mistake about it, Libba is so important and a key player to getting this team back up the ladder and playing finals. His lip and hardness around the ball has been dearly missed in the last 2 seasons. You can throw Clay Smith and Liam Picken in that conversation as well. Libba is as good as anyone going around in the clearance's and with him back in the middle fit and firing I doubt we will see goalless halves like we did this year. Fingers and toes crossed his knee problems are behind him.
    They've done studies you know, 60% of the time, it works every time!
    Brian Fantana.

12. Likes Dancin' Douggy liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Personally I don’t see he has had motivational issues he has always been a hard trainer , he also has only had one issue outside of footy a few years ago, I think it’s more the knees.
    Bring back the biff

Post Thanks / Like

I just hope Libba is over his injuries and he can get a clear run at it.
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ledge View Post
    Personally I don’t see he has had motivational issues he has always been a hard trainer , he also has only had one issue outside of footy a few years ago, I think it’s more the knees.
    There was something a miss with Libba in 2017. Call it what ever you want, motivation, attitude, recreational choices, ect but we all agree we want the 2014 and 2016 Libba.
    They've done studies you know, 60% of the time, it works every time!
    Brian Fantana.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post
    I just hope Libba is over his injuries and he can get a clear run at it.
    Amen to that!

Post Thanks / Like

Are we certain it’s only 1 year? Or are we basing it with the Liberatore saying he’s signed on for 2019?
    More of an In Bruges guy?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ratsmac View Post
    There was something a miss with Libba in 2017. Call it what ever you want, motivation, attitude, recreational choices, ect but we all agree we want the 2014 and 2016 Libba.
    Yep would be foolish to claim that he was fit and motivated in 2017.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ratsmac View Post
    I saw quite a bit of Libba in the pre season of 2018 and I feel it only fair to point out that he was, to the eye, in the best physical condition of his career. I was extremely bullish about him for 2018, as were a number of others. Huge shame that his knee went in the first half of the first game of the season.