Thanks Thanks:  12
Likes Likes:  93
Page 4 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Libba

Quote Originally Posted by bulldogtragic View Post
    Second the motion. The only knock I had was some of the I50's, but he's not alone. If he does that each week, he never plays VFL ever again.
    He also had one of the best inside fifties - a bullet to the opposite forward pocket, where Dickson and another one of our forwards squabbled for the ball in the air and mucked it up. Should have been a goal.
    'And the Western suburbs erupt!'

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Scorlibo View Post
    He also had one of the best inside fifties - a bullet to the opposite forward pocket, where Dickson and another one of our forwards squabbled for the ball in the air and mucked it up. Should have been a goal.
    Given the mark paid down the other end to Watts it was a mark to Dickson that was not paid. That and a couple to Boyd near the end of the second! Great consistency, paying the only one closest to goal too!!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by WBFC4FFC View Post
    Given the mark paid down the other end to Watts it was a mark to Dickson that was not paid. That and a couple to Boyd near the end of the second! Great consistency, paying the only one closest to goal too!!!!
    WTF was Watts paid a free for, I did not get that one.
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Scorlibo View Post
    It wasn't a bad option, but he also had an option of Tom Boyd 40m straight in front with a big gap on his defender. I guess if Dicko is paid the mark I'd be a softer judge, but I thought Tom Boyd was the better option, easier option if he lowered his eyes a bit.
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post
    WTF was Watts paid a free for, I did not get that one.
    He was paid a mark! Held it for about 0.5 seconds. Umps were terrible (both ways) yesterday

6. Likes WBFC4FFC liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Topdog View Post
    He was paid a mark! Held it for about 0.5 seconds. Umps were terrible (both ways) yesterday
    Yep, held it less than Dicko.
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

Post Thanks / Like

Agree on that mark to Watts. Unbelievable when I saw the replay. The certainly had the rub of the green all match.

9. Likes WBFC4FFC liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

In regards to Libba's form. I heard Jordan Lewis say the following on Afl360
    Melbourne midfielder Jordan Lewis was full of praise for Liberatore but explained that all players have to battle through form issues.

“When you’re a quality player like that, you get a little bit more attention and the game’s probably a bit harder,” Lewis said.

“He’s the best player that I’ve played on around a stoppage, he has what they call fast feet, he goes from here to here to here to here and then he’s gone before you know it.

“No doubt he’ll work out a way to get through this form slump as players do and he’ll be a great asset come the back end of the season.”

11. Thanks hujsh, Templeton31 thanked for this post
    Likes bulldogtragic, Doggy, Sedat, KT31 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I've heard a couple of troubling things from unrelated sources about Libba of late.

Hopefully untrue and he's fully focused on getting the best out of himself over the coming months. The 2016 flag might've been a bit of a double edged sword for him.. Fingers and toes crossed!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Webby View Post
    I've heard a couple of troubling things from unrelated sources about Libba of late.

Hopefully untrue and he's fully focused on getting the best out of himself over the coming months. The 2016 flag might've been a bit of a double edged sword for him.. Fingers and toes crossed!
    Are they related to his issues whilst recovering from his ACL?

I hope they're untrue as well but it also wouldn't surprise me.

Post Thanks / Like

Let's not beat around the bush here, what are the issues?
    Nobody's looking for a puppeteer in today's wintry economic climate.

Post Thanks / Like

All I know is I was at the GWS game sitting with the media and he ran off the bench and I must say his backside looked a lot larger than i had seen before .. Was it the shorts, did he have them on backwards , I don't know but his body shape wasn't the same as last year.
    Bring back the biff

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Webby View Post

Heard a few thing myself and was hoping it was just rumour mongering.
    It's better to die on our feet than live on our knees.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jeemak View Post
    Let's not beat around the bush here, what are the issues?
    Moscow hotel room. Pee tape. I can't say anything more.

18. Likes Twodogs liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ledge View Post
    All I know is I was at the GWS game sitting with the media and he ran off the bench and I must say his backside looked a lot larger than i had seen before .. Was it the shorts, did he have them on backwards , I don't know but his body shape wasn't the same as last year.
    It as Liam Picken with his shorts on backwards I think.
    Have you been reading those Roddy Doyle books again, Dougal!?

I have, yeah Ted, you big gobshite