Thanks Thanks:  1
Likes Likes:  13
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: AFL Round 13, 2017 Discussion

Good win for Eagles. If we win we will be one closer to Geelong and top 4
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

2. Likes The Adelaide Connection liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I am baffled how the AFL, who is extremely controlling with all things marketing and all things look of the game, have allowed those terrible hand advertisements behind the goals at WC games. They can't even pretend they are there to support a team- they put them up for points, they put them up for ball ups, they even put them up for marks taken deep. Terrible look.
    Last edited by The Adelaide Connection; 16-06-2017 at 01:09 AM.

Post Thanks / Like

I thought Geelong were really ordinary tonight, and it was only for a lull from WCE - who are quite ordinary themselves - that they were able to get close.

Away from Kardinia I don't think there's a huge amount to fear from them.

As an aside, Joel Selwood's clash with Mitchell showed how much of an entitled wanker he is, purely because he's been unfairly favoured by the umpiring fraternity for so long. Mitchell is a dirty player for sure, but he was hit from behind in the back and then the head, he retaliated and rightfully put Selwood in a headlock to let him know he wasn't happy with it. Selwood pleaded with the umpire (and let's be fair, the viewing public) for some special treatment just because he's been provided special his whole career. When will the commentators call out Selwood's pathetic behaviour? When will the umpires wise up to the fact this guy's conning them into awarding him free kicks?

It really annoys me that someone who continually pulls this rubbish is showered with adulation so often. Just like with Latin/European football (no offence intended), that sort of behaviour permeates through the game and becomes acceptable if allowed to go un-checked.
    Nobody's looking for a puppeteer in today's wintry economic climate.

5. Likes Sedat liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jeemak View Post
    I thought Geelong were really ordinary tonight, and it was only for a lull from WCE - who are quite ordinary themselves - that they were able to get close.

As an aside, Joel Selwood's clash with Mitchell showed how much of an entitled wanker he is, purely because he's been unfairly favoured by the umpiring fraternity for so long. Mitchell is a dirty player for sure, but he was hit from behind in the back and then the head, he retaliated and rightfully put Selwood in a headlock to let him know he wasn't happy with it. Selwood pleaded with the umpire (and let's be fair, the viewing public) for some special treatment just because he's been provided special his whole career. When will the commentators call out Selwood's pathetic behaviour? When will the umpires wise up to the fact this guy's conning them into awarding him free kicks?

It really annoys me that someone who continually pulls this rubbish is showered with adulation so often. Just like with Latin/European football (no offence intended), that sort of behaviour permeates through the game and becomes acceptable if allowed to go un-checked.
    You will be happy to know Selwood has been reported. Whether he is found guilty is another thing.
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post
    You will be happy to know Selwood has been reported. Whether he is found guilty is another thing.
    Jimmy Bartel on the MRP. He'll be fine.
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

8. Likes hujsh liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jeemak View Post

A wanker. A really ordinarily talented wanker at that. He's lucky he had half decent brothers who were drafted before him or he wouldn't even be on a list.

Quote Originally Posted by bulldogtragic View Post
    Jimmy Bartel on the MRP. He'll be fine.
    A unbelievable liberty.
    Have you been reading those Roddy Doyle books again, Dougal!?

I have, yeah Ted, you big gobshite

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Twodogs View Post
    A wanker. A really ordinarily talented wanker at that. He's lucky he had half decent brothers who were drafted before him or he wouldn't even be on a list.

A unbelievable liberty.
    I'm sorry - but is your comment in reference to Joel Selwood?
    I just want to be quite clear that you are suggesting that Joel Selwood is 'ordinarily talented' and wouldn't be on a list but for his brothers coming before him.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Ozza View Post
    I'm sorry - but is your comment in reference to Joel Selwood?
    I just want to be quite clear that you are suggesting that Joel Selwood is 'ordinarily talented' and wouldn't be on a list but for his brothers coming before him.

Yeah. I'm annoyed and not being rational. Of course he's a good footballer.
    Have you been reading those Roddy Doyle books again, Dougal!?

I have, yeah Ted, you big gobshite

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Twodogs View Post
    Yeah. I'm annoyed and not being rational. Of course he's a good footballer.
    Haha. Ok.

We all have at least one player out there that we are irrational about!!!! Mine used to be Glenn Archer. I've had plenty of arguments with people over the years, about how overrated I believe he was.

13. Likes hujsh, SonofScray liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Ozza View Post
    Haha. Ok.

We all have at least one player out there that we are irrational about!!!! Mine used to be Glenn Archer. I've had plenty of arguments with people over the years, about how overrated I believe he was.
    At the moment it seems to be The Bont that is increasingly being viewed as overrated.

Humour me Ozza, what was GA overrated in your view?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by westdog54 View Post
    At the moment it seems to be The Bont that is increasingly being viewed as overrated.

Humour me Ozza, what was GA overrated in your view?
    Since you asked my beef with Archer was Steve Kretiuk was better but got no recognition at all!!!
    More of an In Bruges guy?

Post Thanks / Like

Norf are atrocious . Stkilda should be 10 goals up on this display .
    Far to easy for stkilda at this stage

Post Thanks / Like

Jesus Christ, could we use Jake Carlisle.
    You may laugh but wait until Jarrad Waite kicks 7 against us next week.
    "You always own the option of having no opinion. There is never any need to get worked up or to trouble your soul about things you can't control. These things are not asking to be judged by you. Leave them alone" - Marcus Aurelius

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by The Underdog View Post
    Jesus Christ, could we use Jake Carlisle.
    You may laugh but wait until Jarrad Waite kicks 7 against us next week.
    Not the way they bring the ball forward he won't
    With Brown and Waite we do need to bring in another back

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Remi Moses View Post
    Not the way they bring the ball forward he won't
    With Brown and Waite we do need to bring in another back
    Four words- Majak Daw 6 goals
    "You always own the option of having no opinion. There is never any need to get worked up or to trouble your soul about things you can't control. These things are not asking to be judged by you. Leave them alone" - Marcus Aurelius

20. Likes bulldogtragic liked this post