Thanks Thanks:  1
Likes Likes:  12
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Matty Boyd - Can He Reach Some Games Records?

Put him back in. You can't tell me there's no room for sentiment in footy these days. Look at the hawks they are broken from there favourite sons being moved on. There is only a couple of blokes that deserve a little latitude and this tough nut is definitely one of them. We need more blokes that put their body on the line each and every week. I will be dirty if he doesn't make 300. Partly because it would mean we are playing great footy to get him there. They are human after all and I think a lot of people forget this.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by S Coast Simon View Post
    Put him back in. You can't tell me there's no room for sentiment in footy these days. Look at the hawks they are broken from there favourite sons being moved on. There is only a couple of blokes that deserve a little latitude and this tough nut is definitely one of them. We need more blokes that put their body on the line each and every week. I will be dirty if he doesn't make 300. Partly because it would mean we are playing great footy to get him there. They are human after all and I think a lot of people forget this.
    Your sentiments are exactly how I feel. I find it hard to reconcile with the fact that someone like Suckling retains his spot at the expense of Matthew Boyd who has been such a magnificent servant of our Club. He must be doing it pretty tough at the moment. I also believe that if you are willing to retain our three veterans in Murph, Morris and Boyd that they are worthy of being played , if fit and available. The Club will be faced to make the hard call at the end of the season.

Post Thanks / Like

I heard his interview this morning. He is a true champion of the club.
    For those who were always the underdogs and wore it as a badge of honour.

Post Thanks / Like

I always believe in best 22, if Boyd is the best option he gets a game.

However, he has not played well this year at all. Perhaps he has regained form at VFL level.
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

Matthew Boyd - what an absolute champ. I would love to see him back in form and back on the big stage.
    http://journals.worldnomads.com/merantau
    "It's not about the destination - it's about the trip."

Post Thanks / Like

RWB to the core. What great leadership he shows. Will be helping the young ones in vfl grow their games, very vocal and calming influence. Pretty sure he will be promoted and not adverse to midfield role either.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by aker39 View Post
    I heard his interview this morning. He is a true champion of the club.
    The inner sanctum regardless of the player is must listen to radio.
    More of an In Bruges guy?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by S Coast Simon View Post
    We should play our best team. If he's in our best he plays......sentiment comes in when finals are out of the question.
    I thought I was wrong once but I was mistaken.

9. Likes 1eyedog liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ledge View Post
    Going by his VFL game on the weekend he should be back in this week but not as a backman , he starred on the ball !
    Maybe we need to let him loose one more time with the way our mids are struggling eg Libba and Jong out injured.
    I would bring him in to the midfield then. Yeah he will butcher it 1-2 times a game, like Jong and Stevens with their hospital handballs, but we are desperately lacking hardness around the ball. We miss Crameri, Dunkley, Jong and Smith
    If you kicked five goals and Tom Boyd kicked five goals, Tom Boyd kicked more goals than you.

Formerly gogriff

Post Thanks / Like

Boyd is stuck in no mans land. If finals continue to drift further and further away we need to play Webb, Williams & Lynch to see if they have a future at our club. But if we start winning and he's not part of the 22 I can't see us changing the 22 unless an injury occurs.

If round 22 comes and finals is out of the question hopefully he can play one final game with Murphy and Morris.
    More of an In Bruges guy?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bulldogtragic View Post
    Matty hasn't been selected this week. After this round there are 10 more H&A games for him to be selected, plus how ever many finals. Will he break some of the records near him in games? He's on 290 games currently.

- His 290 games already equals the most games played by a rookie. One more game to 291 games and he sits above Dean Cox who played 290.
    - 300 games at our club is an amazing club, one he deserves to be in. That requires 10 more games this year.

I don't think he plays on next year, fwiw. Hence why the question is about this year.
    291 coming up.
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

13. Likes bulldogtragic, Twodogs liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post
    291 coming up.
    The highest games played by a rookie ever. Bravo Matty B!!
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

Post Thanks / Like

Well done. Boyd, tough as nails. You were good tonight had that hardness down back. The last quarter touched and then tackle on betts was Super. I hope you can get to 300 games
    Last edited by macca; 08-07-2017 at 11:42 AM.