Thanks Thanks:  3
Likes Likes:  18
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Football Happiness

I heard someone saying that if you win the Premiership it brings football happiness for three years. I'm calling bullshit on that.

Last years amazing unforgettable September run that culminated in such a euphoric high that my football brain was flooded with so much positive dopamine that I have a new normal which now needs to be maintained (Maintenance over the preseason was GF replays, Prelim replays, Octocall replays etc).

Every other year in my life we have ended the year with either missing the finals or a finals loss. Plenty to contemplate over the preseason. When you finish low on the ladder, even something as little as a high draft pick can send you into a football high.

Win the Premiership and football happiness takes on a new meaning. Just to feel normal at the moment I think we need to win every week by 5+ goals. I can't tolerate this losing stuff at all. Two consecutive losses where we are not even in the contest has sent me into football depression. This Premiership win is taking it's toll and my football brain can't cope at the moment.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Football Happiness

Quote Originally Posted by angelopetraglia View Post
    I heard someone saying that if you win the Premiership it brings football happiness for three years. I'm calling bullshit on that.

Last years amazing unforgettable September run that culminated in such a euphoric high that my football brain was flooded with so much positive dopamine that I have a new normal which now needs to be maintained (Maintenance over the preseason was GF replays, Prelim replays, Octocall replays etc).

Every other year in my life we have ended the year with either missing the finals or a finals loss. Plenty to contemplate over the preseason. When you finish low on the ladder, even something as little as a high draft pick can send you into a football high.

Win the Premiership and football happiness takes on a new meaning. Just to feel normal at the moment I think we need to win every week by 5+ goals. I can't tolerate this losing stuff at all. Two consecutive losses where we are not even in the contest has sent me into football depression. This Premiership win is taking it's toll and my football brain can't cope at the moment.
    As of half time yesterday, I've let go of any expectations this year. I watched the second half (at the ground) more in a state of disconnect, and it helped with my anger/adrenal levels. I will go in to next week's game the same way.
    Our 1954 premiership players are our heroes, and it has to be said that Charlie was their hero.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by comrade View Post
    As of half time yesterday, I've let go of any expectations this year. I watched the second half (at the ground) more in a state of disconnect, and it helped with my anger/adrenal levels. I will go in to next week's game the same way.
    Same. I wasn't angry yesterday, and I watched it like watching a car crash in slow motion. I'm not 100% confident we will make the 8 because if the team that's turned up for the most part this year, they can lose to a team that's 'up' on a given day. I went straight to looking up reports on the TAC games and the VM vs WA game, and looking at the free agency list for this year.

The premiership was amazing, but we've had an opportunity to back to back, key teams have lost most weeks meaning that if we switched on we still could've been a top 4 side, and yet not much more than a whimper by and large. It's a big opportunity missed.

I guess it's time to look at trades, free agents and/or draft watching. And for the club hoping that we don't lose 5,000 members for 2018.
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

Post Thanks / Like

Unhappy, yes, enjoying a thrashing no. Waiting to see what happens next - bloody oath Come on Dogs!!
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

Its a strange one. I would certainly be a lot more unhappy and miserable right now if we hadn't won the flag last year. So the premiership certainly has helped somewhat. For me, the whole journey of being a dogs fan was to finally see a premiership. Seeing that last year in one of the greatest weeks of my life fulfilled a lifelong dream. So naturally there is some satisfaction there. But no, it doesn't mean i don't care anymore. I still want to see us win and become a force to be reckoned with. It's more our failure doesn't hurt as much as it used to. It used to be a sense of hopelessness. Right now its a sense of disappointment. Disappointment to not be taking this rare opportunity to put or stamp on the league. And not only that, completely capitulate. We are almost a laughing stock right now. We are not being respected as defending premiers and nor should we. But if we let our footy do the talking we would shutup muppets like Bugg, Watts and Hewett. Unfortunately the opposite has occurred and we've been shown to be weak in the face of physical treatment. A far cry from last year.

Post Thanks / Like

I'm not so much disapointed about the loss as much as how we sagged under physical pressure for the second week in a row.
    They say Burt Lancaster has one, but I don't believe them.

Post Thanks / Like

Now SEN is saying there are rumours of a rift between players caused by a woman. All this crap starts again when we lose badly. David Scwartz says there is infighting at the club how would he know?
    Last edited by I'm Not Bitter Anymore!; 19-06-2017 at 05:42 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by I'm Not Bitter Anymore View Post
    Now SEN is saying there are rumours of a rift between players caused by a woman. All this crap starts again when we lose badly. David Scwartz says there is infighting at the club how would he know?
    I don't listen to Schwartz but any rumours he has ever put out have never ever been true
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

Some guy rang up SEN and said their was infighting at the club the other day. So it must be true then.

Post Thanks / Like

There were a few calls saying the same thing ..if you follow Instagram I guess 2 plus 2 might equal 5

Post Thanks / Like

Obivously JJ got together with Stringer's ex and needs the paycheck to support his new step-child. IT'S IN REVELATIONS PEOPLE!

12. Likes Twodogs liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

SEN get their news from Bigfooty. We all know where Bigfooty get their news.

Post Thanks / Like

Darcy rubbished the claims on talking footy. Said he contacted players to ask them.

Post Thanks / Like

Yep because it can never be the most obvious solution, it just has to be THEM DAMN WOMENz fault. I hear the conflict is because Stringer started going out with JJ's ex without JJ giving express permission or signing over title to his property to him.

We have AFLW and White Ribbon Round now so its perfectly fine for a mainstream media outlet to perpetuate these moronic caveman philosophies.
    - I'm a visionary - Only here to confirm my biases -

16. Likes bornadog, hujsh, N/A, Raw Toast liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Happy Days View Post
    Yep because it can never be the most obvious solution, it just has to be THEM DAMN WOMENz fault. I hear the conflict is because Stringer started going out with JJ's ex without JJ giving express permission or signing over title to his property to him.

We have AFLW and White Ribbon Round now so its perfectly fine for a mainstream media outlet to perpetuate these moronic caveman philosophies.
    Our AFLW team equally underperformed to expectation. Must have been an evil man putting a rift through the team...

It's garbage. I posted after the game that we went into the bye with a good win and momentum and two bad losses straight after so a rumour would start. You can always depend on morons to be moronic.
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023