I heard someone saying that if you win the Premiership it brings football happiness for three years. I'm calling bullshit on that.

Last years amazing unforgettable September run that culminated in such a euphoric high that my football brain was flooded with so much positive dopamine that I have a new normal which now needs to be maintained (Maintenance over the preseason was GF replays, Prelim replays, Octocall replays etc).

Every other year in my life we have ended the year with either missing the finals or a finals loss. Plenty to contemplate over the preseason. When you finish low on the ladder, even something as little as a high draft pick can send you into a football high.

Win the Premiership and football happiness takes on a new meaning. Just to feel normal at the moment I think we need to win every week by 5+ goals. I can't tolerate this losing stuff at all. Two consecutive losses where we are not even in the contest has sent me into football depression. This Premiership win is taking it's toll and my football brain can't cope at the moment.