Thanks Thanks:  3
Likes Likes:  18
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Football Happiness

Quote Originally Posted by Happy Days View Post
    Yep because it can never be the most obvious solution, it just has to be THEM DAMN WOMENz fault. I hear the conflict is because Stringer started going out with JJ's ex without JJ giving express permission or signing over title to his property to him.

We have AFLW and White Ribbon Round now so its perfectly fine for a mainstream media outlet to perpetuate these moronic caveman philosophies.
    Well it is football we're talking so it's possible those philosophies apply to someone involved somewhere I guess

Post Thanks / Like

I'm copping it at work at the moment with those rumours , I'm over Facebook I've gone off it .. Too much click bait and people making a story up and everyone believes it.
    Social media and cheap journos start it all.
    Bring back the biff

Post Thanks / Like

I was pondering the other day (and this is only reading about our game on Saturday and seeing none of it)...

Last year the team appeared to be driven by emotion. Rather than just being clinical and ruling the league all season, we brought the romance and passion back to the game. No faceless foot soldiers, it was men playing for each other and bringing all their emotions along with them.

Now that's all well and good when it works in our favour, but my question is, is that emotion now working against us? Is it too difficult to compartmentalise the losses? To a point, are the boys letting the emotions now take them the other way this year?
    Wake me up when we get to heaven, let me sleep if we're going to hell

Good luck, for your sake I hope heaven and hell are really there, but I wouldn't hold my breath

And we all found heaven - 2016 Premiers!

4. Likes bornadog, boydogs liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by I'm Not Bitter Anymore View Post
    Now SEN is saying there are rumours of a rift between players caused by a woman. All this crap starts again when we lose badly. David Scwartz says there is infighting at the club how would he know?
    http://www.foxsports.com.au/afl/medi...d8a72df287df58

DOGS INFIGHTING RUMOUR ‘LAUGHABLE’

FORMER Western Bulldogs ruckman Luke Darcy has refuted claims that infighting is derailing his ex-club’s premiership defence this season.

Darcy’s defence of the Bulldogs came after former Melbourne forward David Schwarz hinted that all was not well among the Bulldogs’ playing group, which went down to Melbourne on Sunday.

“There are players down there that aren’t seeing eye-to-eye on a number of issues, and some of them aren’t footy related,” Schwarz told SEN.

“There are other players down there accusing other players of things, whether that be goalkicking or decision-making.

“You go through these things at sporting clubs but it is rare that happens on the back of a premiership given they’ve been so united and so well oiled.”

But Darcy described Schwarz’s claims as “laughable”.

“It’s hard not to laugh at that to be honest with you, because I picked up the phone knowing that was said this afternoon, you make some calls to people around and it is laughable,” Darcy told 7Mate’s Talking Footy.

“There’s some frustration about how they’re playing, but that’s what happens. You lose, you’re a premiership side and all of a sudden people generate stories from nothing that don’t exist and talk about stuff that is just factually not (correct).

“You’d be disappointed if they weren’t frustrated, but that’s what happens in football clubs, not ridiculous stories about players having personal issues.”

6. Thanks N/A thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by I'm Not Bitter Anymore View Post
    Now SEN is saying there are rumours of a rift between players caused by a woman. All this crap starts again when we lose badly. David Scwartz says there is infighting at the club how would he know?
    Starting to spread to other media too

ESPN article.....

Former flame divides once-close teammates

As Western Bulldogs fans and the footy public search for reasons behind the club's strangely ineffectual premiership defence, it emerges that an off-field, behind-the-scenes, incident could be responsible for divisions within the Dogs' ranks.

ESPN understands there's a rift between two once-close teammates involving a woman, the former flame of one who is now the partner of another.

The new-found relationship is said to have created a wedge within the playing group, throwing the club's premiership defence into further disarray.

The Dogs have lost much their bark following last year's fairy-tale premiership win, slumping to ninth after losing four of their past five matches.

http://www.espn.com.au/afl/story/_/i...kes-afl-return
    The curse is dead.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by chef View Post

So one player has a rift with another and the whole cub is stuffed - pull the other one media.
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by chef View Post

ESPN article.....

Former flame divides once-close teammates

So they basically see our club like this

Now if we played Rugby League they might have a point

10. Likes jeemak, N/A, bulldogsthru&thru liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Stringer has posted on Instagram about 30 minutes ago a picture of his family with the following caption:

Let's all get one thing straight!!!, Abby is the best mum to my little girls and has not done one thing WRONG EVER second of all Jason is a brother to ME. So if you wanna talk crap leave my family and mates alone cause it's all bullsh!t!!

12. Thanks 1eyedog, jeemak thanked for this post
    Likes bornadog, N/A, Twodogs liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

And Bob has also spoken saying there is no infighting

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Jaytee View Post
    Stringer has posted on Instagram about 30 minutes ago a picture of his family with the following caption:

Let's all get one thing straight!!!, Abby is the best mum to my little girls and has not done one thing WRONG EVER second of all Jason is a brother to ME. So if you wanna talk crap leave my family and mates alone cause it's all bullsh!t!!

I feel for them atm. Its not fair to cop this sort of shit.
    The curse is dead.

Post Thanks / Like

Abby has also posted a video on Insta..absolutely categorically denying any relationship other than being best friends with JJ

Post Thanks / Like

A break up is hard enough without having to do it in public. And people making stuff up and others repeating it wouldn't help. I feel for them.
    They say Burt Lancaster has one, but I don't believe them.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Jaytee View Post

Good onya Jake , *!*!*!*! the media and Their bullshit and like it's anyone's business. Stick to football media scum not rumours and innuendo , that's women's days job.
    Bring back the biff

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ledge View Post
    ... that's women's days job.
    Pfft, harsh.

19. Likes hujsh liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by cinder View Post
    Pfft, harsh.
    New idea ? I know one of them loves writing stories about people's love lives when it's really no ones business.
    Bring back the biff