Thanks Thanks:  1
Likes Likes:  4
    Post Thanks / Like

Western Bulldogs Men Of Mayhem 2017

The manic pressure we had last year and in recent times is non existent right now and actually teams are using it against us now.

How do we get it back?
    "Footscray people are incredible people; so humble. I'm just so happy - ecstatic"

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Western Bulldogs Men Of Mayhem 2017

Our present issues are broader than lack of 'mayhem' but this was as disappointing a display this afternoon as I've seen in recent memory, going back pre-McCartney days.

If we're not bringing the manic intensity for the contest and the hunting in packs then we look very ordinary given our lack of smarts in key areas.

It was this contested football that McCartney brought to us, which Beveridge was able to leverage on to great success in the previous two seasons.

There was a 5 - 7 minute period prior to half time where I saw a semblance of it when they were stirred up enough through the actions of Tom Bugg but it wasn't to last.

We're just not playing to the consistent intensity needed, particularly given a more limited skill set at our key posts to most other contending teams.

Maybe time to inject some youth like Pat Lipinski and Lewis Young just to bring some youthful excitement as we're looking very stale.

Maybe time for an old style 'bring your mouth guards' to training and whoever brings the most intensity and spirit across the available players on our list gets a game regardless of name or reputation.

3. Thanks GVGjr thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I would have hoped we'd already had the "bring your mouthguard" session. My timetable had that for a couple of weeks ago, if we haven't we are in more trouble than I thought.
    Have you been reading those Roddy Doyle books again, Dougal!?

I have, yeah Ted, you big gobshite

Post Thanks / Like

I was trying to explain this to a friend yesterday but couldn't word it properly. Our endeavour just doesn't seem there. Even the Bont just gave up on several plays.

This is the flattest I have been as a dogs supporter in a long long time.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Topdog View Post

This is the flattest I have been as a dogs supporter in a long long time.
    So true. After the highs of last year this year is turning into a train wreck.
    Hold firm loyal Doggies we will climb our way out of this.

7. Likes Eastdog liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by The Dogs Bollocks View Post
    I'm hopeful we can TDB. Time will tell.
    "Footscray people are incredible people; so humble. I'm just so happy - ecstatic"

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by The Dogs Bollocks View Post
    One good thing is that after the disaster of the last two weeks we are still only one game of top four. We can turn this around by playing good footy for the rest of the year and we aren't far enough behind the pack that we can't make up any ground.
    Have you been reading those Roddy Doyle books again, Dougal!?

I have, yeah Ted, you big gobshite

10. Likes Bulldog4life, hujsh liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Eastdog View Post
    The manic pressure we had last year and in recent times is non existent right now and actually teams are using it against us now.

How do we get it back?
    We still have failed to get it back...