Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  21
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: AFL Round 14, 2017 Discussion

Quote Originally Posted by Ozza View Post
    Yeah, well people will have their digs at him being a rough player, and having a drink driving indiscretion.
    I've 'loved to hate' him as a player also.
    But in reality, he has been almost peerless in leading and influencing a football club to certain standards that have seen them be the most successful club in AFL history.
    Yep, he has made some poor choices in his life but on field he is peerless as a leader IMO.

Post Thanks / Like

I've only seen the first half , but fair to say I had to double check the score on the phone .
    One weird whacky season this one

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Remi Moses View Post
    I've only seen the first half , but fair to say I had to double check the score on the phone .
    One weird whacky season this one
    Adelaide were out-coached/out-structured (I'm sure that's not a word! But you know what I mean). They just weren't allowed to get their normal game going for more than a few bursts during the game.

The game itself was probably quite representative of footy at the moment, in that, anybody can beat anybody - if they come in with a plan that prevents the opposition from being able to play their way - and they stick to it.

Post Thanks / Like

Though I have not liked Hodge's sometimes borderline on field dirty tactics he is a great on field leader and yep, would be good to have some new, fresh voices in the coaching group. Great thinking BT. Have a chat with Bevo or Gordon and make it happen!

5. Likes bulldogtragic liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bulldogtragic View Post
    Good to have an allie. I don't think he's popular with many posters on Woof.
    Neither was Hall. Things change once they join the right side

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by hujsh View Post
    Neither was Hall. Things change once they join the right side
    True. Although I recall 'Fat' Crameri taking a while longer to bring some around. I wouldn't mind Hall working with Tom Boyd either. Hall's leading was brilliant, even Moreso for a huge bloke.
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

Post Thanks / Like

Swans win and they are in the 8, for now.
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post
    Swans win and they are in the 8, for now.
    It'll mean even more competition just to make the 8 for us. I was thinking a week ago, worst case was 7th or 8th. If results go a certain way, notably us not winning consistently, we could well miss if the boys can't find their spark. Which is staggering to even think about, considering the players we have.
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

Post Thanks / Like

Sydney not getting paid some pretty obvious free kicks this last half. Wait for the outrage.

Post Thanks / Like

Hoping this week's root is for Essendon??

Post Thanks / Like

I guess thanks to Essendon for snuffing out Sydney as a top 8 threat.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bulldogtragic View Post
    I guess thanks to Essendon for snuffing out Sydney as a top 8 threat.
    *!*!*!*! you Essendon. *!*!*!*! you.

Post Thanks / Like

Wow.

Wow.

Post Thanks / Like

If only they had a way to be a bit stronger, for a bit longer. A James Hird team would've never lost that.

16. Likes Yankee Hotel Foxtrot liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Amazing by the Swans to claw back. Bruce trying his utmost to morph into Tom Hardy is hysterical.