Thanks Thanks:  5
Likes Likes:  14
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: My take on who's done what in 2017.

Good thread. There has been a bit of discussion about how few players have improved for us his year. One player who never gets mentioned as an improver but should in my opinion is Jack Macrae. Although he was already a very good player, this year his consistency has gone to another level and he has (to my eye) reduced his number of poor disposals. I reckon he is also a little harder in the contest as his body matures. Clear improver for mine.

2. Thanks Go_Dogs thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: My take on who's done what in 2017.

Good thread merantau. Great summary in your opening post.

Yes there have been many players who haven't reached the heights of 2016.

Bonti, Picken, Libba, JJ, M Boyd certainly out of form and hopefully they can get some back soon.

Agree Macrae has been very good this year as has Dahlhaus who is just a great worker and Morris as well very important still for our defensive structure and as a mentor to our kids down there. Lin Jong as well had a great year until he did his ACL last week so won't see him back till 2018.

Injuries also to key personel hasn't helped with Crameri out for the year, Dunkley, T Boyd, B Murphy, D Morris, Adams and a few others who have been out at certain times this season and probably others I haven't mentioned certainly is a factor. Frustrating but that;s the way it is Marcus Adams would be handy to have back in right now.

It is a mix of players down on form and injuries that is put us in the state we are currently in. I believe we can get out of this state if we get a run of wins together get some confidence back and who knows could still by season end be a threat to teams around us. The good thing is teams around haven't got their form going either so with that in mind it still despite our own poor form keeps us right in the mix.
    "Footscray people are incredible people; so humble. I'm just so happy - ecstatic"

4. Likes merantau liked this post