Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: 2017 National Carnival

Quote Originally Posted by kruder View Post
    There was a Vic metro player on AFL 360 with Oscar Allen a few weeks ago does anyone recall who it was? They were showing clips he looked impressive indeed.
    Adam Cerra i believe

2. Likes kruder liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

A few of the players in the Carnival stood out to me as ones that would slot nicely into our line up

Charlie Constable (190cm) is essentially a big midfielder but also a player who can go forward and take a mark and most importantly kick a goal. He is also more than capable of being played in the back line. He's a one touch player with good skills.

Oscar Allen (191cm) is another versatile type but is primarily a tall forward. He is a good mark and an accurate kick for goal. He's a very athletic type.

Nick Coffield (190cm) is a defender who can play in the midfield. He was given some tough assignments during the carnival including matching up on the highly rated Darcy Fogarty and he completely shut him out. He's athletic and skillful.

We have a number of needs but after listening to Beveridge we need a couple of bigger competitive types and these 3 I think fit that bill.
    Great. I need one more thing. Soda. Yeah, I don't want my guys paying for soda. I want you to stock my machine for three years. I'm serious.

"Lets roll and hey...lets do it to them before they do it to us"

Post Thanks / Like

How'd Will Sutherland look? Heard good things about his athleticism.

Still hoping he picks cricket, he's a bloody good talent.

Post Thanks / Like

He's an exciting prospect, a big strong boy with a bit of vigor in his play. A longer term prospect.
    Great. I need one more thing. Soda. Yeah, I don't want my guys paying for soda. I want you to stock my machine for three years. I'm serious.

Post Thanks / Like

Watched a Metro game the last weekend while at the boozer with a Mate, Sam Hayes draw my attention because he resembled my oldest Pup with his stance and pony tail.
    After a few nice moves, a couple of goals and a google search I was thoroughly impressed with him, be more than happy if we managed to snag hom in the draft.
    Champions aren’t made in the gyms. Champions are made from something they have deep inside them: a desire, a dream, a vision. They have to have last-minute stamina, they have to be a little faster, they have to have the skill and the will. But the will must be stronger than the skill.”- Muhammad Ali

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by KT31 View Post
    Watched a Metro game the last weekend while at the boozer with a Mate, Sam Hayes draw my attention because he resembled my oldest Pup with his stance and pony tail.
    After a few nice moves, a couple of goals and a google search I was thoroughly impressed with him, be more than happy if we managed to snag hom in the draft.
    He's a very good prospect no doubt. I see him going early in the draft even though ruckman typically go a bit later.

I think I mentioned in another post that if we were to draft him that he and English could be a good forward ruck combo for 10 years plus. I can't see us drafting ruckman in consecutive drafts but he might temp a few teams.

8. Thanks KT31 thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by lemmon View Post
    How'd Will Sutherland look? Heard good things about his athleticism.

Still hoping he picks cricket, he's a bloody good talent.
    He has decided to stick to cricket.
    Premierships: SENIORS - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, 2014, 2016 . AFL 1954, 2016. RESERVES - 1938, 1945, 1962, 1988, 1994, 1998. UNDER 19S - 1954. Other Premierships - Championship of Victoria 1924. VFL Night Series 1963-64, 1967, 1970. Preseason Cup, 2010.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post
    He has decided to stick to cricket.
    Courageous choice. Limited spots means it's a bloody tough sport to be successful in.

Could be a Ben Stokes, could be an Alex Keath.

Post Thanks / Like

I just saw on Twitter that Terry Wallace has put up his top 20

1) Cam Rayner
    2) Luke Davies-Uniacke
    3) Jarrod Brander
    4) Will Sutherland (He will drop off on Ploughs next effort)
    5) Jaidyn Stephenson
    6) Darcy Fogarty
    7) Jack Higgins
    8) Nick Coffield
    9) Paddy Dow
    10) Lochie O'Brien
    11) Charlie Constable
    12) Adam Cerra
    13) Patrick Naish
    14) Charlie Spargo
    15) Sam Hayes
    16) Connor Ballenden
    17) Hunter Clark
    18) Joel Garner
    19) Oscar Allen
    20) Lachie Fogarty

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by GVGjr View Post
    4) Will Sutherland (He will drop off on Ploughs next effort)
    When's the last time a potential top 10 pick in their final year chose another sport? Big call
    If you kicked five goals and Tom Boyd kicked five goals, Tom Boyd kicked more goals than you.

Formerly gogriff

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by boydogs View Post
    When's the last time a potential top 10 pick in their final year chose another sport? Big call
    There has to be a few examples.